User Tag List

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good Morning!

Saying a quick hello, because I don't know how long the computer will be behaving!
    My son came over yesterday and spent hours and hours doing a complete restore/reboot or whatever it's called where you fully start everything over.... and it's not quite done so I keep running into times where I can't shift tabs or windows, or something else odd happens and I have to keep restarting.
    So it's frustrating til he can come again and finish things off.
    He started working on it around 4 p.m. and left after 10 - and even though we had supper and time for visiting, he had the computer stuff running the whole time (what he did is way beyond my ken - his external hard drive didn't work, so he had to transfer all my stuff onto CDs, do some stuff from a flashdrive, then transfer all that stuff after he did all the programs, updates, etc.) - so I don't blame him that it's not finished - I'm grateful he put all this time in as it was.
    He assures me that once completed, everything should be working better overall (it's been laggy with lots of bugs).

So I'm just doing essentials on here, in case it craps out on me!

Take care, everyone - enjoy the day!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Good morning everyone

School's are closed here today so I have a few extra daycare kiddos for the day. So busy day for me! I will ge t a bit of extra $$ but not much left after subtracting extra food costs. Oh well not much I can do...

Got some great deals yesterday at Walmart

- 2 large bottles of Fruitis Conditioner (796ml) on clearance for $1.00 - $1.00 insert coupon = paid only the tax
    - Oxiclean Dishtabs $5.97 - $3.00 printable coupon - $2.00 CO51 rebate = $0.97 + tax
    - Kids toothpaste = Free (SCOP)
    - Red Rose Tea 72 ct $2.00 (pm Freshco) - $1.00 CO51 = $1.00

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Had mixed feelings about the concert yesterday. The concert itself was amazing. Too bad the actor (for whom I've lost respect) who acted as a narrator of sorts, giving background info on the songs, decided to go all political and make comments that were not only unnecessary but factually incorrect. I was telling bff who thought I should have called him out on the inaccuracies, but that would have just spoiled everyone's mood (& would have spelled an end to me having fun there). I just wish people could leave their feelings at home & focus on facts. Sigh. On the plus side, the musicians were uber talented.

My project for this morning, besides finishing a bracelet I've been working on for a friend's b-day, is to find a whole whack of teeny sparkly crystals in a grey carpet. And, yes, I was an idiot. I left the open tray of crystals on the coffee table. Which wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have roommates with tails that have minds of their own. First the tall one's waggy tail knocked the tray to the edge of the table. Before I could move it, the short one came along with his tail straight up in the air, walked right under the tray & knocked the darn thing over. I am very grateful that it's bright and sunny here this morning. No doubt, when I'm on my hands and knees hunting for crystals, both will decide to come over and play. I should probably get out some safety goggles, in case the tall one decides to bop me on the head with her toy.

Hope everyone ha sa wonderful day (that's less, ahem, entertaining than ours).
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Oh Andit your brats keep me in stitches. Love following their adventures.

Got a few groceries yesterday...hadn`t done that for a couple weeks. Watched Fast Lane (wrestling pay per view) last night. Not frugal I know but we do very little for entertainment so this was a treat. Usually we just get Wrestlemania but there were some matches that we really wanted to see.

Bought a new stick vac at Walmart. We have a Rainbow but it`s heavy and I hate messing with the water so I`ll see what this is like. For $18 on Rollback I thought it was worth a try. My sister has one and really likes it.
    ROMEO, Ciel, thriftygranny and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

crochetlady you are right we all deserve a treat, I used to love watching wrestling with my dad as a young girl, I even went to a few matches (lol)
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit your creatures are a handful but I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

DH & I will be stepping out this afternoon, dh wants to check out pipes, tobacco pipes he is very interested in a having a look at a few and well were off to see what he can find. On another note my mother's birthday is Saturday and eventhough we will not be joining them for a dinner at the restaurant I wanted to get her the perfume she loves. I didn't venture out of Saturday for the sdm 20x event as I was out of grocery cash but got a promo coupon for today spend $75.00 and get 18,500 in points and so while out pipe browsing I will pick up her Poison perfume at sdm and gets the points and the present was budgeted for so no surprise there but the points will bump me up to the max redemption level on my card. It all sounds like a plan but we'll see if dh still wants to venture out after painting Jaden's old room.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Andit, hope you see this before you spend hours on your knees..
    get your your vacuum hose. secure a piece of nylon (stocking) to the end, a thin sock should work too.
    turn on vacuum and gently 'sweep the area where they fell.
    the stocking/sock should suck and hold the sparkly treasures.

yes its afternoon and im just checking in, had ds up at 5 am for work. well ok WE were up at 5 am, he finally finaggled his butt up around 525 for a quick shower.
    he soon learned this 'i'll get there when i do' attitude won't work. he had to be on duty for 630!
    im hoping all went well today.

the sun is shining again, feels good. were expecting a bunch of 'stuff' this week for weather.. they are promising us that it will improve in the next couple of weeks. man i hope so.
    anyway. we went to talize after dh dropped off ds, then came home to bed, SO tired.
    dh's sleeping and im here.. he'll be off to work soon. im in charge of making turkey stock. yay.

also i picked up the cutest bag to my projects in. i'll post a pic later. dh even found a knitting look he's been looking for, for years. in the basement with more.. yarn.. holy camoly.

well enjoy your day all.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This week is going to be very frugal! after paying the power bill i have 42 dollars to last until Friday. I told BF this week is definitly eat out of the freezer, pantry and fridge. If he doesnt want to he can buy the groceries.

I've placed some ads on the local buy and sell with some items of clothing that will not fit or no longer fit the boys - anythign like that I put into a jar for future clothing purchases for the boys.

I sold the Moms Pantry Perogies - 3 2 kg bags on the buy and sell over the weekend as i found out im the only one who enjoyed them and im not up to eating the entire case of 200 myself before our outdoor freezer turns to spring.

I also sold 3 neck warmers that I made over the weekend on there for $15.

And I finished the blanket that Isold - shipping it this afternoon. I've now started on the one for bf's mom for christmas. My wool for my next 3 has not yet arrived.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mrs S-I am guessing your son will suddenly find he needs a much earlier bedtime. I hope his job goes well!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I shopped til I dropped out from 8.00 am til 12.00
    went talize got tops(9) all 50% off some summer and winter and hubby one winter top (one towel like new)-all for 29.95

then into fortinos for a few points items
    then target -managed to get some cards a few food items then on to rona for a new mop and bucket on sale

-my daughter-in-law's uncle just passed away in his early60's -so i told son if they need me to watch baby I will be here for them

-now just relaxing
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Feb 23rd, 2015 at 05:26 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm tired just reading your shopping adventures coupon girl, great job, you really the deals - smart gal

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl you are so very organized and meticulous with your budgeting and spending I am sure you will make it on your $42 until Friday. congrats on all your recent sales, every little bit helps out

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We used up 2 pkgs of so juicy chicken(from pantry), 1 huge pack of chicken 18 drumsticks (from freezer), 1 can of corn from the pantry and 3/4 bag of frozen fries so all set and a few items used from pantry & freezer .

Dh said we will venture out to sdm after his nap, we also need to pick up some more paint from Jaden's old room and dog food....

Our budget day is Wednesday and can't wait to figure out all the what's what and what we can get and what we can't but I really enjoy this type of budgeting and no overspending (honk honk)

We are shopping like our grandparents did which seems to be very rare as the older generation did not purchase items until they had the money in hand and you know what it makes so much sense and you really appreciate the things you do get

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My parents got married during the depression. They knew how to stretch a dollar. And you`re right...if they didn`t have the money they didn`t buy it. Mom was almost 92 when she died and never had a credit card.

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information