User Tag List

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Andit, hope you see this before you spend hours on your knees..
    get your your vacuum hose. secure a piece of nylon (stocking) to the end, a thin sock should work too.
    turn on vacuum and gently 'sweep the area where they fell.
    the stocking/sock should suck and hold the sparkly treasures.

yes its afternoon and im just checking in, had ds up at 5 am for work. well ok WE were up at 5 am, he finally finaggled his butt up around 525 for a quick shower.
    he soon learned this 'i'll get there when i do' attitude won't work. he had to be on duty for 630!
    im hoping all went well today.

the sun is shining again, feels good. were expecting a bunch of 'stuff' this week for weather.. they are promising us that it will improve in the next couple of weeks. man i hope so.
    anyway. we went to talize after dh dropped off ds, then came home to bed, SO tired.
    dh's sleeping and im here.. he'll be off to work soon. im in charge of making turkey stock. yay.

also i picked up the cutest bag to my projects in. i'll post a pic later. dh even found a knitting look he's been looking for, for years. in the basement with more.. yarn.. holy camoly.

well enjoy your day all.
    DS will learn the joy of showering the night before-one less thing to do in am plus it helps with sleep!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good morning everyone! Busy Busy at home and work for me this week. Finally booked our trip so will be on the rush to get the boys passports on time! I love a challenge . Will aim to not shop much the next few weeks and use up stuff in the freezer. Just getting fresh stuff. Will start pulling stuff to pack on the weekend but are packing light (shorts/swimsuits etc) Will keep at the house stuff before we go too so we come home to a cleaner/more organized home.
    I'm sure you mentioned where you were going but I can't remember for some reason I'm thinking Disney world , yep we can`t argue you love a challenge.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well I shopped til I dropped out from 8.00 am til 12.00
    went talize got tops(9) all 50% off some summer and winter and hubby one winter top (one towel like new)-all for 29.95

then into fortinos for a few points items
    then target -managed to get some cards a few food items then on to rona for a new mop and bucket on sale

-my daughter-in-law's uncle just passed away in his early60's -so i told son if they need me to watch baby I will be here for them

-now just relaxing
    Talize had a sale yesterday-glad you were able to check it out, @coupon girl !

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel thanks, it's so true that we don't always have the luxury of running out to the grocery store especially when you live in the boonies but also when people are trying to stay within their budgets and using up what you have on hand makes so much sense to me and my frugal pals on here

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @coupon girl you have so much to show for your purchases today vs. shopping at a retail store (new clothes). Thrift stores in my opinion, where the smart minded shop and the best part is there is basically no 2 pieces of clothing in the same size available (lol), I like that to be honest, atleast I get choose from a wide variety of clothes that have many different styles available vs. what's in style and really.....what's in style these days ladies??? no offense to anyone who doesn't buy 2nd hand
    I hope all of us are willing to sew this year (to sew complete outfits or to alter/add fabric where needed on ready-made new or secondhand clothing)-I cannot believe I'm seeing thigh-high dress hems and sleeveless dresses for spring. Just cannot wrap my head around that while I'm literally chilled during winter. My visions of sewing with bright fabric probably remain a July plan for now. Pants are my ultimate retail challenge if I can find a pair or two that I can wear. Or if I figure out how to alter a pattern for fit because now I really care that it does.

I'd like a trenchcoat for spring/fall. I'm seeing more full-length ones (mind you they are designer priced) in fashion magazines, so there is one upside to spring 2015 women's wear.
    @frugalmama - I enjoy reading about your decor updates!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So I added up all my grocery receipts for the month and well considering we have 2 adults with healthy appetites (lol), a 14 year old with a hollow leg, a 11 year old and 2 dogs, I think $510.00 is pretty good considering I stocked up on rib steak, chicken breasts and many other items.

SO My plan for March is to spend $500.00 and stock up on meats, I really need a good sale on ground beef and need to start baking again, I keep saying I will but I don't (guilty as charged) .

I'm thinking I will bake something this afternoon, I won't strain myself (lol) it will be a nice treat for dh who is sick with a head cold and complaining we have no sweets in the house and I must admit I would love a little something something .

Dinner tonight is hamburgers with bacon & cheese on the bbq (drool) will serve with a side salad

Menu for the rest of the week is as follows -

Wednesday - club sandwiches with home made French fries & side salad (survivor tv show starts)

Thursday - leftovers

Friday - macaroni casserole

Saturday - roast pork w mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts

Sunday - Steak on the bbq w/ macaroni salad

I had a quick peek at the sdm flyer for the weekend and well I'll pass as nothing great on sale and only itune card bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reminder to remove any Feb. expiring coupons from your binders/wallets/coupon organizers! Blistex 75 cents off expires on Feb. 28. SDM may still have a price freeze on one of the varieties of Blistex products and the others may be on sale this week.

Also the SDM Optimum bonus point coupons from the Winter cold/flu booklet expire this week for soap pumps, toothbrushes, and other personal care items.

The Twinings 35 cents off tea coupon that was offered after their recent sample offering was over-expires at month end. That coupon is worth using for their fine tea (love English Breakfast for a treat once in a while)!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Doing really well with my no spend challenge, only fruit and veggies and milk bought for the last two weeks! Will have to spend a bit more on the weekend, my oldest daughter turns 35 on Friday so we will have everyone home on Sunday for family dinner, will menu plan for this tomorrow. I am thinking a fun dinner with snacks/appetizers and beef dips and home made chicken burgers for the dieters/non beef eaters! I know dessert will be a 3 layer pina colada cake as requested by the birthday girl!!
    I made my own taco seasoning and cooked up some moose meat/hamburger mix and made a double batch of tacos for the freezer for quick taco salad or nachos this morning, washed the guys sweaters and they are on the drying rack, will do a quick tidy and I am off to Target to fill my final prescriptions before the pharmacy closes. The pharmacist actually called me last night to make sure I had enough meds before it closes, awesome guy.After Target I am off to work for a few hours, supper is in the fridge for the guys in case they are home before me. Lazy night of tv on the couch for me tonight!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@saundyl you are so very organized and meticulous with your budgeting and spending I am sure you will make it on your $42 until Friday. congrats on all your recent sales, every little bit helps out

Thank you.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i did it again. this son up early and dh getting in late then waking up kid for school in between crap is killing me.
    i really hope we all get into a better routine soon.
    My son loves his job. he learns more everyday.
    its SOOO freakin cold i swear i can't feel the heat in our house. i was so cold in bed last night. didnt' sleep well. hence a 1 pm wake up.

supposed to change for the better soon.. my word should have named this thread frozen in february.. lol

nothing planned. what happens happens. yep thats all i got.

as for meal planning, i usually make a few assorted items on the weekend, as we don't have 'sit down' meals during the week we all feast from whats in the fridge.
    i should really sit down and tally up our spending bills from January and February too. or should i??lol
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    DS will learn the joy of showering the night before-one less thing to do in am plus it helps with sleep!
    I hate showering at night - my hair seems to take forever to dry!

Got my Chapmans coupon in the mail $4.00 off any chapmans product.

Meal plan for the week

Tuesday - Spaghetti and side pork
    Wedesnday - Thinkin theres some ground pork in the freezer so making Tacos
    Thursday - Shake n bake chicken thighs with wedges
    Friday - I havent decided yet
    Saturday - i might use the ham bfs mom gave us before christmas with creamed corn and scalloped taters
    Sunday- also still deciding.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey jasper -I spent 462.11 this month on food -and that's for 2 of us -of course I stocked up on meat -p.c extra points -that's about average what I spend
    -was gonna go to library-get my book and print shoppers coupons off -but so darn frigid cold out -decided yesterday was enough going out in this wicked cold
    -supper tonight chicken beast (hubby and I don't eat one each anymore) -we split one -not that big of eaters anymore-steamed carrots and potatoes for hubby rice for me

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Looks like a nice menu plan Saundly, I think you may win step mother of the year award!! Always doing for the boys and so involved with them.
    Mrs. S, it doesn't sound like a schedule you can keep up with and not loose your sanity! Lots of shift work going on in your house, hopefully your son will be able to drive soon, can he take the bus or does it run that early. So glad he likes his job,it is so important for the young ones starting out.
    Well house is tidy and I am off to Target, I will not get sidetracked by the sales..just get my prescritions and a 40 percent off Papyrus card for my daughter's bday!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I hate showering at night - my hair seems to take forever to dry!

Got my Chapmans coupon in the mail $4.00 off any chapmans product.

Meal plan for the week

Tuesday - Spaghetti and side pork
    Wedesnday - Thinkin theres some ground pork in the freezer so making Tacos
    Thursday - Shake n bake chicken thighs with wedges
    Friday - I havent decided yet
    Saturday - i might use the ham bfs mom gave us before christmas with creamed corn and scalloped taters
    Sunday- also still deciding.
    sounds like a great menu @saundyl

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So I added up all my grocery receipts for the month and well considering we have 2 adults with healthy appetites (lol), a 14 year old with a hollow leg, a 11 year old and 2 dogs, I think $510.00 is pretty good considering I stocked up on rib steak, chicken breasts and many other items.

SO My plan for March is to spend $500.00 and stock up on meats, I really need a good sale on ground beef and need to start baking again, I keep saying I will but I don't (guilty as charged) .

I'm thinking I will bake something this afternoon, I won't strain myself (lol) it will be a nice treat for dh who is sick with a head cold and complaining we have no sweets in the house and I must admit I would love a little something something .

Dinner tonight is hamburgers with bacon & cheese on the bbq (drool) will serve with a side salad

Menu for the rest of the week is as follows -

Wednesday - club sandwiches with home made French fries & side salad (survivor tv show starts)

Thursday - leftovers

Friday - macaroni casserole

Saturday - roast pork w mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts

Sunday - Steak on the bbq w/ macaroni salad

I had a quick peek at the sdm flyer for the weekend and well I'll pass as nothing great on sale and only itune card bonus
    No baking today as my incision near my belly button is bothering me so decided to back off and take it as a sign

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information