User Tag List

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The pork belly we got was an awesome deal. 17.90 for 4.5 pounds of meat. We did the side pork tonight n now bf is making bacon out if the rest.

Made cookies tonight. Have a couple happy males in the house now.
    Last edited by saundyl; Tue, Feb 24th, 2015 at 10:34 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Ours went from $115 for Dec to $172 for Jan

We have to have heater coils on our roof to prevent ice damming so that accounts for at least $30 but $172 is still the highest hydro bill we've ever gotten
    Ours was 342.21 this month. We are careful power users too!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    last chance to get your name put forward for March's frugal chatter, the voting will start tomorrow morning once I get moving and have drank oodles of coffee
    Did you see mine last week?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Today is our last day, we fly out at 10 something tonight. Technically we have the room until tomorrow so we can stay in the room until around 7 pm when we need to head to the airport which is nice.

We fly out at 10 something tonight, fly over night, have a 6 hour lay over tomorrow morning, and than we fly home and should be back at my Dad's place somewhere between 9 and 10 tomorrow. Than it is back to work and back to day to day life and seeing what is coming up for me work wise. I have quite a few side projects I am hoping to complete before our busy season hits, not sure when this will be as it all depends on the weather, sounds like as soon as the weather breaks we will be going full force ahead.

Just waiting for everyone to wake up so I can start try to pack my stuff to head home, we have all been living out of suitcases so more of less it is just straightening everything up. Also will move a bunch of stuff from my carry on to my checked luggage to make my carry on a little lighter even thought it was totally under weight coming here.

Hope everyone has a great day
    Did you buy any ``Hawaii memories`` to bring home? I bought myself a muumuu (sp?) while I was there and a lovely couple of necklaces that I watched being made at the port.

That's quite an exhausting schedule to get home that you are describing! Hope the jet lag isn't too bad for you!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    DH and I have been working on our tax returns-gah! 2 Canadian, 1 US and of course currency conversions between the two-no wonder I am tired. Anyway slowly we are getting there and maybe just waiting for 1 or 2 more info slips.
    Oh, I'm doing that too! How did you deal with the currency conversions? Is there a chart somewhere? I spent over an hour on the phone to US international tax help today to get answers for a question I had - most of that was spent on hold! Now that the dollar has been changing - I don't know quite what to do about the conversions. I, too, am waiting for some key info slips. I just wanted to get everything out of the way before dh's surgery next Monday but I doubt that's going to happen. I think I'll have to file for an extension for the US tax returns.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    SIL texted me to ask if we wanted a crib that was given to her. We said "yes," so my brother will bring it over some time. My SIL is currently 36.5wks pregnant with their twin boys, but she likes to spend money on lots of stuff and often isn't a fan of second-hand items.
    Wow, you'll have cousins approximately the same age! That's always fun for them. Great news about the crib, too!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post

Here it is clothing deal, $8 for all! All name brand Maternity and two pairs of pants for DD#1.
    Very nice, indeed!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Avon-I think there is a bank of canada average rate for the year that my DH uses( for eg for interest payments etc that trickle in over the year). There is also the option say if you got one big payment one day( eg selling stock) you can use the conversion rate for that day instead. Good luck- then somehow if he pays tax to the US he gets a tax credit on the Canadian return for what he paid. It is all very confusing to me.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning all.. its hump day..
    late start this morning. poor kid has the 'butterflies' again as he's being tested today. not a good start for him. really hope his day improves.
    Avon.. haven't seen you alot lately. hope your doing well..going to have to PM me as soon as you know the date of the first spring sale at your church. see if we can make it out.. find any good yarn deals

so finally finished my sons blanket last night. i'll try and get a good pic today and post. now im working on another one as my sister is going to be a gramma again. yay. she def. needs a positive focus in her life.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Frigid here again - which can make for a frugal day, since I'm staying in and keeping warm!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I tend to include anything cleaning supplies, laundry products, petfood (unless bought separately from groceries ). Basically if u buy it ib the grocery store on a grocery trip uts grocery. Walmart n such ill sut and dividethings out.

Meds are not grocery

Febreeze is not grocery. Cleaning products from home hardware are nkt grocery.

Razors n tampons are not grocery.

great stuff, thanks for sharing
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    morning all.. its hump day..
    late start this morning. poor kid has the 'butterflies' again as he's being tested today. not a good start for him. really hope his day improves.
    Avon.. haven't seen you alot lately. hope your doing well..going to have to PM me as soon as you know the date of the first spring sale at your church. see if we can make it out.. find any good yarn deals

so finally finished my sons blanket last night. i'll try and get a good pic today and post. now im working on another one as my sister is going to be a gramma again. yay. she def. needs a positive focus in her life.
    I'm sure he'll do fine, I think the biggest or hardest thing for anyone and everyone is asking for clarification or questions for that matter when unsure of something.

I foresee the future auntie sunshine making a blanket for the new baby (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl yes I got your name submission

voting is now open and will close on Friday am this way the new thread can be created and up and running for Saturday am (I'm on the ball this time folks)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/400363-...hatter-canada/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Crochetlady . My Hydro bill was the same but Enbridge (gas) was high. Everyone I spoke to in my area had high bills but thankfully mine was much lower then some. I have been bad and putting the heat up more lately (it has been really cold) I was blaming it on me getting older but I will say because of cold temps lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Have my list written out at work of all the things I want to accomplish. Already have 1 big thing scratched off! Tonight's plan is to pick up youngest DS and go home and make dinner (pulled Pork/beef burgers from freezer since we have buns left and will make onion rings etc) then it will be time to pick up oldest at school (he is part of a big music show so they are there after hours many nights a week) then stopping quick to get the boys passport pics done. Home to clean out school bags, finish up homework then in PJ's for Survivor

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information