User Tag List

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Oh and the best part of the day, I arrived home very late from work to discover DH & son #1 were doing sesame chicken from budgetbytes, another winner, especially because I was thinking eggs on toast for meJ.

Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Lilo 003 great idea about putting the refund back in emergency fund
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl the chicken looks yummy
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @saundyl the chicken looks yummy
    It was very yummy. Our youngest says yummmm good thing you put ham in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Oh and the best part of the day, I arrived home very late from work to discover DH & son #1 were doing sesame chicken from budgetbytes, another winner, especially because I was thinking eggs on toast for meJ.
    The savings idea for the refund is awesome. Im Breaking mine into my ef my tfsa our joint savings and my car savings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Lilo 003 great idea about putting the refund back in emergency fund
    I am so glad its Thursday & Friday is payday. I will spend some time this weekend catching up the budget and moving money around. This weekend we will start the taxes & DH & I are going to take money from the emergency fund to add to our RRSPs and then when we get the return put the month back in. A rather genius idea I thinkJ.
    Hopefully with March just around the corner everyone starts to feel better.
    SA: sucks to be so sick after a vacation hopefully it passes. I am feeling a little paranoid though as I have made it through the winter almost unscathed. I hope it is because this time last year I thought death was a realistic option. I had bronchitis, popped a rib out from coughing and really did not recover until May. So far one son has had the flu and a nasty cold so it’s not like we have made it out of the winter yet. Both DH & I have had a cold, but after last winter it was a cake walk.
    Me too.

Sassy welcome back hope you feel better soon!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I am so glad its Thursday & Friday is payday. I will spend some time this weekend catching up the budget and moving money around. This weekend we will start the taxes & DH & I are going to take money from the emergency fund to add to our RRSPs and then when we get the return put the month back in. A rather genius idea I thinkJ.
    @lilo0003 I kind of did the same think this year. I had saved all year for my 2014 taxes in my TFSA. Since DH is getting a large tax refund this year, I borrowed $$ from my TFSA to put into an RRSP for myself, and when he gets his income tax refund back then I can pay my 2014 taxes that are owing. I worked it out that I put enough into my RRSP that what I owe would be the same as what DH is getting back so we're even lol. I'll transfer the extra money I saved from my TFSA into his TFSA so at least he gets something lol.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

DH and I are in the final stages of discussing our will. I just got him to agree that the money I've accumulated will go to fund education for the children on my side of the family and can be kept separate from his. Phew! This is a huge load off of my mind as his family really battled over the possessions of the last family member that passed. She didn't specify who her belongings were to go to so her house was just scavanged by people walking through it. Financially, different people were put in charge of different accounts and family members were hiding money from their siblings. I don't want us to go through that.

Plus, most of the older thread members on here know about DH's work making him pay for things and never get reimbursed. That's the main reason we've always kept our accounts separate. I don't want his workplace dipping their hands in my savings and us not being able to afford daycare next month. Over the years, his workplace has taken and never reimbursed well over $10,000, which I am really upset about. DH has never been able to find another job but he has always kept his wallet open for this company (no, it's not a family business).

So, I just have to draw up a list of personal possessions to keep in my family. Some of his might pawn some of my favourite things and I would want my wedding and engagement rings to be passed down. Anyone else have any advice on what to consider when making a will? We've seen the lawyer already and decided on an executor. Thank goodness DH agreed to let our executor decide on guardianship for LO. I don't think I could entrust LO to his side of the family.

Funny how opposites attract? It would have been so much easier if I married someone more like myself, financially, socially, etc. I suppose life would be less interesting that way.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

sweet sparrow, I'm in the opposites attract marriage as well - core values all the same, other than that, totally different!
    It HAS been fun/exasperating!

Really hoping this is the last day/night of the -30s, enough already!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

I didn't realize until late last night that I hadn't been on SC. Yes, it was one of those days.

Apparently, the kitty in this video hasn't yet figured out that it's easier to let the dog do all the work and sit back and take the credit (or the blame!). The human is very brave to have two of the most difficult breeds to live with (Bengal & Border Collie) cause they're always looking for things to do. Good thing they lack the sneakiness of my guys who have figured out how to get their human to do all the work.

Off to run errands this morning, then company tonight (well, they're here to visit the brats), then BRYAN ADAMS (!!!!) tomorrow! Gee, I'm not excited, am I?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS, I hear you-I must say my DH and I agree on most everything and when we got married we amalgamated all our finances. The only thing I don't like so much is that he co-owns inherited farm property with his 2 siblings in the US. It does pay a small annual income and the 3 sibs want to keep owning it and then pass it onto their families. I would of course prefer to sell our share( but he says none of them can buy the other out and they want to keep it in the family) as then we are in chage of our own investments and not needing to make decisions with his sibs. Anyway of course I don't have an emotional tie to the ancestral lands where they grew up, but I will respect my husbands wishes. Should I outlive him I do not want to be filing US taxes for the rest of my life so if/when the time comes I am sure something can be worked out.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep my hubby agree on most everything -we are both savers (he is the only 1 of 5 boys that has anything saved I am sure of that)we have a joint account that has worked for 35 years
    -and we are opposites I am more talkative outgoing-social- he is not -of course we were raised by different mother(my mother-in-law didn't have much love in her for her family

-well my son is 30 today -gonna call him around 10.00 incase he Is sleeping in -last night we watched "ashlyn" 4.30 til 6.30 -he is such a great dad the minute he walks in doesn't even take his boots off he is swooping her up in his arms -my daughter-in-law told me to tell him she needs a bath but he looked tired(he works 12 hour shifts) so I gave her a bath before we came home

-i am feeling more energized today -thats great

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    sweet sparrow, I'm in the opposites attract marriage as well - core values all the same, other than that, totally different!
    It HAS been fun/exasperating!

Really hoping this is the last day/night of the -30s, enough already!
    There's been a cold weather alert issued (I hardly think it's a surprise anymore) and temperatures between -30 and -35 have been issued. Thankfully, LO has been keeping her mittens on except for on the bus. I think it's a recent thing that she's discovered the pain of cold hands after she's tossed her mittens off so I'm glad I don't have to fight her as much anymore. One poster told me a while ago to let her go without (if she tossed the mittens after I put them on) and see the consequences. I thought she'd never make the connection and I'd have to struggle with a screaming LO for several years! Well, at least until next fall....

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well my son is 30 today -gonna call him around 10.00 incase he Is sleeping in -last night we watched "ashlyn" 4.30 til 6.30 -he is such a great dad the minute he walks in doesn't even take his boots off he is swooping her up in his arms -my daughter-in-law told me to tell him she needs a bath but he looked tired(he works 12 hour shifts) so I gave her a bath before we came home

-i am feeling more energized today -thats great
    Hurrah for more energy! Ashlyn will use it all, I'm sure. DH and I are wondering how to divide up our time off since LO's daycare closes for 6 days in March. We need to move closer to bobbiegirl2010 if she has space for another client.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Really nice blankets Saudyl and Mrs. S, they recipients should be thrilled.

I got a call last night from the lady I sold mine too - she was thrilled and said that her and her children had quite the disagr4eement on whose bed it goes on. She also said she'd be keeping my number so she could get some gifts made.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I was feeling better yesterday except for how tired I was, than today was a total downhill slide, my head is spinning again (feels like my whole house is right now, even though I am sitting in a chair and haven't moved in a couple hours), and the serious coughing so much it hurts has started. Had a meeting this morning with our controller, sales manager and one of our production managers, went to my meeting and spoke to our controller and decided this afternoon and tomorrow I will work from home to hopefully get better. I will admit I took a small nap when I got home this afternoon, I just could not keep my eyes open probably since I was up most of the night coughing. Why is it always the night where all you want to do is sleep is the night where you cannot sleep.

Mom is now also sick so after my meeting I went to Shoppers and stocked up on over the counter meds. I was able to find everything we need on sale but still had to spend some $$$ I did not plan to spend this month. I am on a serious no spend period but we needed it so it had to be spent.

Going to try to get some work done and than I think it is time for another nap. Whatever it is I have is completely exhausting me, I cannot remember the last time I slept this much.

Have a great day everyone.
    I hope you feel better soon! Colds with coughing suck majorly! I've been sick with one since Dec 6th and been on 2 rounds of antibiotics (still coughing after the 2nd round)

I SWEAR I've kept the Tylenol and Buckleys companies afloat the last few months with the amount of OTC meds I've purchased.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

We don't have a will, far as were concerned no one wants our stuff. Our kids are adults so no worries on who takes them.
    Not much $ to fight over. LOL.
    Anything we do have of value i'll be wearing

so its Friday. so thankful been a long and stress filled week.

question.. my son is pregnant.. ok no but he's had 'morning sickness' all week. or butterflies. ALOT of them
    to the point.. well ya.. we're not sure how to get him over this hump. is it temporary once he feels more comfy.
    or are we looking at long term 'blaghs' because of the hour he has to be up. He's so NOT a morning person.
    its a knee jerk reaction for me and im having issues. dh says SIUP sunshine you need to get over it and get going.
    while he's trying to start cars/clean them off by himself, im inside holding my kids hand sorta speak..

man i hope winter ends fast. i start my journey on Monday myself. are we going to survive this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I SWEAR I've kept the Tylenol and Buckleys companies afloat the last few months with the amount of OTC meds I've purchased.
    Same here! Did you see the $5 off printable Buckley's coupon in the printable coupon thread?

I am feeling a little paranoid though as I have made it through the winter almost unscathed. I hope it is because this time last year I thought death was a realistic option. I had bronchitis, popped a rib out from coughing and really did not recover until May.
    I caught that bronchitis, popped out rib, etc. and was sick from September - January. Now I feel another cold coming on. LO has come home with a cough from daycare and I've been fighting a sore throat all week.

I see an extreme cold alert for Southern Ontario with morning temperatures from -30 to -35C. Next week's high of -17C almost sounds balmy!

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information