User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Recently, I received a sample of Nivea's Pure & Natural face cream. I enjoy trying new things, and was hopeful because this product doesn't contain some of the major "nasties" often present in cosmetics, like parabens.

I tried it about 30 minutes ago, applying it after I'd washed my face. I had only applied it to one cheek when I was overwhelmed by what to me is a sickening scent. Shocked, I turned the packet over and started reading the ingredients. Sure enough, "perfume" is listed in the ingredients.

I thought the scent would fade, and liked the way my skin looked where I'd applied it, so foolishly applied it to the rest of my face. The scent became so intense I thought I was going to be ill, and washed my face twice with cleansers in an attempt to get it off. Unfortunately, the scent is still lingering. Uhg.

Pure & Natural? Are you kidding me? Simply awful.

I will be sticking to Pure Anada as my preferred face cream, with Oil of Olay for sensitive skin as my less expensive back-up.
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I recently got a coupon for this product. I haven't used it in years but the pure and natural sounds good, also I remember it being a creamy lotion.

Thanks for your feedback as I can't handle scents at all, especially not on my face. Plus, with the misleading pure and natural I might not have checked the back for perfume which I try to do most times.

Anyways thanks again as you've saved me a few dollars. This is why I like these sites.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks! - I really don't know why face cream needs perfume

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

it's not the scent of it that bothers me, i like fragrance.. it's the fact that my face was soooo greasy for the entire day after i used it! it was gross! i felt like i'd washed my face with oil in the morning.. blech!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I found this cream way too heavy! My skin felt like I was wearing a mask all day! Thank god i got a sample and didn't have to pay for it!

Thread Information