User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Dec 29th, 2011
    Hi everyone!

I have some questions for the SC scan thread followers (http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/174557-...-skank-canada/).

This year (2011) I have done the scan scan thread to continue Mcminsen idea (year 2010) of the thread Mcminsen's coupon zone (http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/163829-...n-zone-canada/). We both have learn alot by doing those thread and really like it. But in the same time this is alot of work.

I'm now thinking of year 2012

For now, I'm not sure I will take the leed of that kind of thread for 2012. I think it will be a good idea if someone else take it. Be sure I will help the new SCer doing it like Mcminsen have help me this year. BTW, I already received a PM from someone who want to help for 2012 and I'm really happy to see it. I hope we could talk about it all together to try to organised this before the beginning of the new year.

Is there a way to do it better, more easier, or more collaborative? I want your input on this.

I saw alot of wiki thread on the forum, but I'm not sure this is the solution. Why? Because we have alot of entries on the sc scan thread and I can't index all of them in only one post (with the settings of the forum), I need 3 differents post to list all coupons and I also need to removed all the expired one (if don't removed it, I will need more than 6 post to list all of them). Also, that kind of list is sometime long or hard to "save" on the forum (take some minutes after I push the "save button" of each post)... By chance I do it on my computer file, so if the site crash (sorry) I don't have to re-write everything but just do an other (smaller) copy and paste later.

Other thing, I try to keep the index of the sc scan thread the more constant as possible to have it easier to use for everybody and with all the essential info and with a clickable link for who need the extra info or to see an image of the coupon. I'm scare that we could have difficulties with the constance if we are alot of people doing/writing the index. If this become a mess it will not be useful

In a private message conversation between me an Mcminsen, Mcminsen suggest it could be an idea to do the SC scan thread on monthly basis instead of yearly basis... And keep track of the past month through a link on the first post. This sound a good idea to me. This way, we could have different SCer doing the index each month. It is a good idea? What do you think about that?

I know lot of you SCer love the SC scan thread to see what is out there, to do your wishlist, to do your tradelist (yeah I know it faster for you to use my index list and just delete the coupon you don't have, so basickly I have done the job for you), to see if there is different upc and possiblity of stacking for SCer in West, ect...

Now, I want to know what we could do together for year 2012.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by 2010ontest; Mon, Oct 17th, 2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

maybe I get the answer with no answer...

Thanks everybody, I know now if I will continue or not in 2012.

Have a nice day!

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

maybe just give it a couple of days for people to respond...

I think a wiki wouldn't work.
    I like alphabetical order not mother company, but I don't stack.
    I like the idea of catagorising into sections (like a dept store)
    if people were to update once a month would someone keep an updated list in one spot?
    However, I guess people would need to respond to this thread to show they are interested at all
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

I love the thread!

I would prefer alphabetical order not mother company.
    I agree a a wiki wouldn't work.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I really like the way that it is done now, in alphabetical order, very easy to find things without thinking about what category they are in.

I would volunteer to help but so so so busy with school, homework and a 3 year old.

Kudos to 2010contest for doing such a great job in 2011 :D

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caroman View Post
    maybe just give it a couple of days for people to respond...

I think a wiki wouldn't work.
    I like alphabetical order not mother company, but I don't stack.
    I like the idea of catagorising into sections (like a dept store)
    if people were to update once a month would someone keep an updated list in one spot?
    However, I guess people would need to respond to this thread to show they are interested at all
    Thanks for your input

Yes, I will let some day to people to respond (expiry date of this thread is dec 31, 2011!!!), but I was a little bit dissapointed today to see nothing wrote for a collaborative work after more than 50 SCer have read it.

I'm not sure about a dept store categories... because everybody didn't do the categories in the same way... I have try this in my trading list at the beginning and found it was hard for myself also to remember the proper category!!! This is why I have done the index of the Sc scan thread in alphabetical order...

Quote Originally Posted by elayjosh View Post
    I love the thread!

I would prefer alphabetical order not mother company.
    I agree a a wiki wouldn't work.

The mother company was a mistake... I was having trouble to figure where to put coupon from company that are good for different brand of product and started to use mother name company...

But I don't know all or forgot some mother company name, also they could change with time, transaction and acquisition (we have now lipton/knorr)... So I agree with you, mother company are to avoid to keep the index more easy to use. Right now, I just go with the frame I have because this will be to much work to change it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love the idea of the thread, and willing to assist if ever needed. It has been run very well so far, so I can't think of any changes for it!
    Total Savings: $652.98
    *Since the end of June*

Earn free money.....who doesn't love that?
    http://superpoints.com/wrpgs/9iyb7s

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    113 (100%)

I LOVE this thread and really appreciate all the work you do!

I agree, I don't think a wiki would work. I think you should format it to whatever way is easiest for you to update, and those of us who are just reading and not contributing will just have to glean our info from whatever way you present it

I haven't actually used the list to look for anything (though I should) I usually just look at the last couple of pages of the thread to see what's new.

Hope that's somewhat helpful
    LF: Van Houtte, Newmans, Purina One Cat & Dog Food... FT: Lots!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Love this thread...I am the same as the last pp I just look at the last couple of pages to see anything new.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I love your thread and I am glad to be of assistance in any way I can My offer of help that I sent you awhile back by PM, still stands! I would love to see it stay in alphabetical order but I understand your reason behind any changes since it is a lot of work for you
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I'l add my 2 cents... I love it as it is .... alphabetical order. I think a wiki might mess things up but would probably be easier on you or whomever takes over.

Please, please don't feel disappointed to have so many views but less responses. ... I think a lot of us are just in awe of ppl like you who invest the time to create and maintain threads like these... but we wouldn't know where to start if we had to do it ourselves. And sometimes... from an appreciative "customer" point of view, things are great as they are... so it's hard to think of ways to make it better.

Un gros merci

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I love this thread the way it is.

But could you change the name to Coupon Shark?

Cheers!! & Thank-you again for all of the hard work.
    Last edited by Travelnut; Wed, Oct 19th, 2011 at 01:54 AM.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Travelnut View Post
    I love this thread the was it is.

But could you change the name to Coupon Shark?

Cheers!! & Thank-you again for all of the hard work.
    Changing the name? Not this year! This is more easy to found stuff when name didn't change all the time.

But in 2012 we could change the name without problem... This will be at choice of who will take this thread

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I love the way it is now! I agree that a wiki would become very disorganized. Ontest, I also like the idea of a monthly thread with links to previous months in it if it will make it easier to manage. I'm not very computer savvy but, I'd be very willing to help if it was on a monthly basis if someone would explain how to go about it.

I wasn't a member yet when Mcminsen started the 2010 thread but, I want to thank the both of you for the incredible amount of time and energy you've put into it to make it so much easier for all of us who benefit from it. to you both!
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Thanks snuff!

I loved Mcminsen's idea of one month thread because I think we could do a rotation for who maintain the index every month... So that way, this is less work, or at least not a one year responsability for only one SCer

If some of you are interested to collaborate this way, I will be very happy and please let us know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information