User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Tim Horton's Hiring Ad Rant or Maybe Not !

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Do you think this is a disgusting ad by Tim Hortons. Tim's just laid off lot of quality jobs at their head office due to their merger with Burger King.
    Conveniently no jobs were lost in their stores, as they want hardworking minimum wage workers.

But now in my local newspaper they have given an ad : ( this is for their minimum wage restaurant jobs )

Tim Hortons - Now Hiring !
    Target employees welcome to apply.
    Must be available to work weekends.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is it low for them to target the yet to be laid off Target employees & play on their misery by offering them these minimum wage jobs ? Are they just preying on them ? Why specifically mention Target employees welcome & humiliate them further ? The dust hasn't even settled yet, most of these Target workers have jobs or severance till May & Tim's is doing this nonsense.

Or is Tim's their saviour or messiah with this nonsense of theirs ? Or is it just business & capitalism & corporate greed at its best ? No one is forcing them to work in Tim's..right ?? ..maybe just an opportunistic ploy by Tim's

----
    pg. 32 Thursday, Feb 5, 2015 - Miss News.
    This thread is currently associated with: Burger King, Target, Tim Hortons
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I dont see any problem with this...
    If I knew my position was ending, I would definitely welcome any other employment opportunity. Where is the humiliation in that? I'd rather receive a paycheck than be unemployed any day.
    Last edited by d.ot; Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 at 12:08 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think Target employees have any reason to be humiliated. Stressed out maybe, but not humiliated. Nor do I think there's any reason why they should be humiliated to take a job at Tim Horton's or any other minimum wage job. They have guaranteed income until May if they stay with Target, but I think it's in their best interest to start looking for something now and if they find something that works for them and is permanent, to take it. Tim Horton's is just giving them an option.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This doesn't bother me. Tim's needs employees, Target has them to spare. It's maybe not the wisest choice of words as you and maybe others are offended, but work is work. We still live in a relatively free country.
    If you really need work you'll work for whatever the pay, minimum wage or not.
    CrazyQT, salady, Shwa Girl and 3 others like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Tims needs employees and laid off Target employees need a job...What's the problem? Who said they were a saviour or messiah? Target jobs were also minimum wage, no?

What's more likely is that Target employees (retail) may not think they are eligible to work at a restaurant job, and Tim's is encouraging them to
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 at 01:22 PM.
    CrazyQT, salady, DianneS and 5 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    This doesn't bother me. Tim's needs employees, Target has them to spare. It's maybe not the wisest choice of words as you and maybe others are offended, but work is work. We still live in a relatively free country.
    If you really need work you'll work for whatever the pay, minimum wage or not.
    yes
    and those employees that demonstrate their skills can be slated for promotions
    even at Timmy's

as a student doing data entry at a Bay Street investment company, the Vice President approached me and another student asking if we wanted a permanent part time job with an increase in pay
    we were surprised
    the VP explained that a few employees were impressed with our work ethic and wanted us to stay, rather than advertise for new students
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 at 01:41 PM.
    CrazyQT, Ciel, toban and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i don't understand why this should bother anyone, is it humiliating because it is the fast food industry and that is a degrading job to some people? Why was Sears offer not degrading.

I think it is good business to seek out hard working, awesome staff and that is the case with most Target employees..
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 at 01:45 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays, salady and 5 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My view is that Tims knows that Target employees have been well trained and are known to be individuals with a good work ethic. Tims wants and would benefit to have these people on their team so they are actively pursuing them.
    Natalka, CrazyQT, salady and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This doesn't feel opportunistic as some really horrible PR sales stunts in the US where they try to bank on 9/11 and other ill timed sales pitches. Nothing wrong to include job offers to Target employees in your job ad. I would think with tips they'd make a good wage depending on their scheduled hours.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's one thing if Tim Horton's HQ wants to reach out to Target staff to let them know of hiring opportunities but the real test is if the franchise owners are up to date on the offer and willing to take applications from anyone including Target employees. Maybe only the corporate stores are hiring?

As for TH's HQ layoffs, they are only allowed to cut 20% of the jobs-part of the deal with the federal gov't in allowing Burger King to buy Tim Horton's.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think it's totally fine.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Maybe Tim's should offer these jobs to their own Head Office employees whom they just laid off in hundred's in the past couple of weeks ..due to their merger with Burger King.

Tim's Now Hiring ! Ex- Tim's employees we just laid off are welcome to apply
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

So...what's the rant?

Sears did the same thing and there was no rant about that. I can't imagine any Target employee would view this as a negative thing. A lot of companies are reaching out to Target employees to apply for available positions....but you know, sometimes they can't ever do anything right without looking like they're trying to take advantage of a bad situation.
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

to me it sounds like they will put a priority to target employees applying which can be helpful
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target employees are local people. With the cut back of work permits for Temporary Foreign Workers, why shouldn't the jobs be offered to people in the area. It'll also save TH a bundle of cash on immigration documents.
    dededi likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information