Like Tree24Likes
  • 7 Post By Shirnette
  • 7 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 4 Post By Shirnette
  • 6 Post By walkonby

Thread: Thank Goodness I didnt give up

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I had to make two phone calls today to PC Plus for the rep to "get it". The story is that I found this morning via about a limited time bonus offer that's on the President's Choice website. I was very happy to see it & like other SC members, I wanted to take advantage of it. I tried several times to load the offer onto my account and finally I got confirmation that my orders are loaded( they were loaded since last Friday so I assumed the one I just downloaded was there. NOT. I proceeded to call PC Plus customer service dept. and after 20 mins of trying to explain myself, I got nowhere because the rep could not see the offer on the PC Plus website nor was there any internal notification regarding this promotion. She even consulted with her team leader.
    I then decided to check the brag section on SC and noticed that there was indeed a brag & there was a comment from someone who experienced the same problem. I sent her a PM and found out that unlike me, her complaint was handled favourably. I decided to call back because something isn't right and the people involved with my first call were just totally clueless. I googled and came across a forum on another site and I saw that other folks were having problems. Many comments stated that people should call customer service for a resolution. One post on that forum had the step by step instructions that worked for him but it still didn't work for me or others.
    I called back PC Plus customer and what luck; I got the rep I spoke with the first time I called. Upon hearing her name, I mentioned that I spoke to her earlier and re-explained the problem. She mentioned that they are now aware of it. I thought that meant it was all good, smooth sailing; NOT....she told me that the people who were able to load the bonus offer originally had the offer for those items. I disagreed and asked why then was it showing to the public on the PC website. She asked me if I had already purchased any of the items and I told her no, but would do so tomorrow. She put me on hold and came back saying that for my inconvenience she can give me 5000 points. I refused to take it because I wanted around 20 items in total which is 20,000 points. She put me on hold again, came back then said I can buy the items then submit my receipt and they'll credit my points accordingly if they are not added at the time of purchase. She said that she would put a note on my account to that effect...I'm glad this is now resolved positively but I was not too happy having to call them twice when I had so many other things to do. Sigh.
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    She put me on hold and came back saying that for my inconvenience she can give me 5000 points. I refused to take it because I wanted around 20 items in total which is 20,000 points. She put me on hold again, came back then said I can buy the items then submit my receipt and they'll credit my points accordingly if they are not added at the time of purchase. She said that she would put a note on my account to that effect...I'm glad this is now resolved positively but I was not too happy having to call them twice when I had so many other things to do. Sigh.
    Good for you for being persistent. She should still give you 5000 points and what you will earn on the Blue Menu. You educated her on the problem, the promotion and future callers who will have the same problem as you.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

So true Shwa Girl...If I have to call again, I'll mention the 5000 bonus points and see what happens.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

you were not letting them play favourites and giving the offer to only a few, good for you, so glad you got this great offer!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I once took an offer first hand because I was in a hurry and came to find I was ripped off so good for you for staying at it!
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Thread Information