User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Elijah Marsh 3 years old dies in the frigid cold

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Patty, but it works for a two or three year old.

In the other case I mentioned, the mother has been arrested for abandonment of the four year old who was found naked outside, he was left home alone.
    Patty Smyth and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    There is a fund raiser for the family started by Justin Kozuch, a Toronto father of a 3 year old himself. He's started a campaign at the crowdfunding website Tilt to cover the funeral. The goal was 10,000 and it's 6 times that and growing with 3 more days to go.
    Justin works for a newspaper.
    Glad the fund is so high.
    Very sad.
    SharonMe likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I used the hook and eye latch on the outside of my son's door. They didn't have access to it as it was on the other side of where they were and it was easy for us to just unlatch and open.

Elijah's mom at the vigil this week-end.
    http://www.cp24.com/news/elijah-does...says-1.2247048
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since this was an apartment, an extra locking device was probably not allowed on the door. And who knows how often they even visited this apartment? An alarm is a good idea though. I expect this story will prompt a lot of parents to find out how to secure their doors.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I tried this but eventually they learn they can use a stick or broom to pop it out but it' better than nothing.

I eventually got the dead bolt up high which came in handy once my mom got Alzheimers too. Kids aren't the only ones that wander.
    Patty, we changed to a slider thing when that unit came loose from the jamb...and yes, as you know my Mom also had alzeimers disease, but we had an ATM home security system installed by then. Such a tragic, senseless death.
    Even a gate across his doorway would have helped if the apartment building didn't allow extra door protection, although I have no experience with apartments, I'm sure you could take it off and spackle the hole back in if you ever moved...the door alarm, as I mentioned is also a great alternative. But surely there was a baby gate somewhere???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's not about causing damage, Lynn. In an apartment building (or in mine at least) tenants are not allowed to add extra locking devices because the land lord needs to be able to access apartments in an emergency. But you've mentioned some alternatives that would work well.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Visitation today for Elijah today at Vescio Funeral Home 2080 Dufferin St., just north of Rogers Road, between 2 p.m. and 9 p.m. The funeral will be on Saturday.

If nothing else you'd think this terrible tragedy would wake up people with young children but no another child is found roaming unattended this time in Woodstock, Ontario.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/25/toddler-left-home-alone-found-wandering-apartment-hallways
    Natalka and saveadollardiva like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information