User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frugalbigmama

Thread: Question about PCFinancial and PCPlus program

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I'm fairly new to PCFinancial, although I'v had my account for a couple of months I haven't been very active with it and there's some things I'm still not sure about that I wanted to ask you guys.

1) I received a bank card when I signed up with PCF, can this card be used as a debit card? can I use it to purchase goods?
    I do have money on my account, or is the bank card just to be used for ATM's?(makes it kind of pointless you could use a debit with ATM's too) does the bank card have any other uses? it does have the 16 digits on the front, just no expiry date/security code on the front/back.

I also have a question about the PC Plus program, I'm not sure how this program works exactly, yes I'v visited the website and read through it several times but I still have some unanswered questions..

2) Is this a points card(like shoppers optimum) or a mastercard? or both?

3) After signing up online I put in my bank card and they named it a "debit" card(which it is not) anywho I just signed up...is there a physical card I will be getting so I can use it in the store? Can I get one instead of using the app? or is this program through mobile only?

-Any other info. would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by JDI007; Sun, Sep 13th, 2015 at 12:59 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I can't answer the questions about the bank/debit card specific to PC Financial, but in my experience a bank card and a debit card are the same thing, so you should be able to use it at the cash register.

For the PC Points question, the answer is both, sort of. For the bonus PC points offers that you'll see mentioned on the forum, you will need the PC Plus card, which you sign up for, and it's used much like the shoppers optimum/air miles card. You have to load the offers manually once a week to be able to use them. But you can also get a PC MasterCard, which earns you PC points as well for each dollar spent, and you can link the PC MasterCard and the PC Plus card so that all of your points show up together.

Hope that helps!
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes, the PC bank card is like any other bank card issued by the big 5 banks. You can use it to pay at the store and at CIBC bank machines or PC bank machines in Loblaw stores for free.
    lovelikewinter3 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope this helps answer your questions:
    1) PC bank card is your debit card. You can use it to pay for any purchases at any merchant
    2) PCPlus is a points program. You earn points for purchases you make at Loblaws, No Frills, RCSS,
    3) You should be able to get a physical PCplus card from the store. Or you can link the PCplus card to your PC mastercard or your PC debit card, which seems like you have already done.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I see, that's what I thought that I should be able to use my PCBank Card and use it to pay for things..but doesn't PCFinancial also have a debit card? ..that's what confused me..since they both work the same.
    Anywho, so I can only get a physical PCPlus Points card at the PCF pavillion? or can I get one from online sign up?(because I didn't see that option)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you need to go to the store to get a physical PC Plus card.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Alright, thank you! I will do that, kind of weird that they have an online sign up..but don't offer to send out physical cards online..wish they did.

Thread Information