User Tag List

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Had quite the adventure yesterday with my poor girl. bff was kind enough to drive us to the vet. Lily dog is likely dealing with a bladder infection (won't know for sure until I get the results tomorrow) and is now on antibiotics. Poor girl was absolutely mortified yesterday when she peed on the floor at the vet's. It took quite a few treats and a lot of "it's ok, you pretty girl"s from the vet and the nurse to get her back to her normal happy self. There is a chance that there are other things going on, won't know for sure until the results come in. She definitely has cataracts (why do my pets have to copy the bad things about me???), but I've opted out of her having surgery (she had a really bad reaction to anaesthetic when she was a pup so I'm not willing to chance it now that she's a senior, not that she acts it). She might also be diabetic (I dealt with that for 25 yrs, so no big deal). I am concerned that she's lost a bit of weight, which is weird considering how many treats the girl plows through. Going to start giving her a daily hard boiled egg (thanks to those egg coupons, we are well stocked) in addition to her regular meals for the protein and the calories. On the plus side, she still has her some of her bounce. And she is in love with someone she will likely never meet again. When we were checking in, we were pounced upon by the cutest puppy ever, a 3 month old boxer mix. As much as Lily is terrified of adult dogs, she LOVES puppies. Makes me think I need to speed up the timeline in terms of getting her an apprentice and me another roommate. Quincy cat will also be happy having someone else to boss around.

In the meantime, I now have more concrete plans to go on vacation (had to use up my credit from the trip I cancelled last year when I got sick). It will be finalized later this week, then I can count down the days til the last week of May.

Now, as long as Quincy cat doesn't need to see an orthodontist who insists on kitty braces, all will be well.

Off to get a few things done today that should have been done yesterday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day (it's dark and drizzling here, but at least it's not snowing!).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-have you googled to see if there is a secret warranty on your car. It sounds like there should be from what you describe.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit hope the results come back minor, hope she feels like her old self soon (hugs).
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh my goodness-this must be a record. None of our group posting for 5 hours mid day. I need to batten down the hatches as the 4 year old twins are coming to visit with their 4 month old twin brothers so things will be hopping around here shortly. Better prep dinner before they come so I can just pop the oven on before they leave.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all and Happy St Patty's Day

My parents came by on Sunday at Noon for a visit, I slept in and didn't get the news until 1030am .

My dad wanted to go to the re-use it centre, he got another 3 pairs of pants and 5 tops so he was pretty happy.

The boys decided they wanted to go and stay at my parents house and I needed to tag along as my boys generally don't get along. So we just got back at Noon today and I'm happy to be home. The boys got along extremely well which was a wonderful surprise.

Dh did laundry, dishes, cleaned the bathroom and some reno items .

Supper tonight will be improntu as nothing was taken out, oh well I'm thinking nachos and something else that is quick while in a fix .

I am pleased to announce that before I left dh & I purchased all the Easter bunny goodies so need to worry about that until then!

I'm really looking forward to the end of the month as we are nitty gritty at the moment with the budget right now!

We signed our income tax papers this afternoon, it's nice to be in a position that the gov't owes us $ and we don't have to pay (happy dance).

Well off to do a few things, wishing everyone a great evening and looking forward to watching 19 kids and counting tonight

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Have fun with the twins both sets today lizzie

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Went to TARGET!

I behaved and only bought what I was already looking for and was in budget.

I was tempted by a 4 slice toaster and a punch jug, but said no and put them back.

Here is what I bought for $73 with approx prices:
    72pk of Pull-ups - $23
    6pk tissues - 3.75
    Princess tiara's for girls for Disney on Ice on Thurs - 2x $4
    Shorts for girls - 3x $3
    12 pk of underwear for DD2 - $8.50 (was really happy with this one it was the last 4T in the store)
    Highliner fish - 2x $3.50
    There were a couple other misc grocery items too.

"There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    DH tells me the roof needs doing and there's a brown spot appearing over the ceiling of our bedroom that's worrying.
    Unfortunately we know all about this We've had our roof completely redone 3 years ago and then fixed 2 times thereafter and we still got some more water come in this winter because of the amount of snow on the roof. If you had a lot of snow/ice build-up on your roof this winter ice could have gotten under your shingles and then melted into your house. If that's the case then you won't have a problem now that it is all melted. Our house is prone to this happening so we have heater coils along the evestroughs that are problematic to prevent ice build up. We still should have shovelled our roof off as well because we had a small leak in the kitchen 2 weeks ago. The snow was so deep on the lower roof that snow was halfway up our bedroom window so I'm thinking snow got in there and then melted. Next year we'll be more careful if we get a lot of snow again.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hey all just got in -had a busy day with "ashlyn" took her to the mall all dressed up in a patty's day t-shirt with a patty's day barrette -she got as free balloon from old navy on a stick so she happily hung on to that -as returned something her mom bought from on line
    -then bought her a Disney t-shirt -on the reduced section of course for 5.99 reg 14.99(now i am done her for easter)
    -she walked in the mall for a bit-then we treated ourselves to lunch at a pancake place by my son's house -I asked for an extra plate for "ashlyn" she had some of my pancakes
    -then got her home for nap poor little one thou she cried a lot today as her teeth are coming in
    -papa and i got lots of extra kisses today and we didn't even ask for them -she gave them freely

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

busy day here too. so ready for bed.. yaaaawwwnnnn
    early to bed to nite. the next few weeks are going to get pretty busy.
    guess it keeps me out of trouble??
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We went to pick up the door that we ordered from home depot after 3 weeks of waiting (custom order) to see that it was damaged they will order the door again and I told them it really was inconvenient as we had to wait 3 weeks, drive there for nothing and mentioned that I didn't think a free delivery for the next door was out of the question, so door is re-ordered and will be delivered for free (it pays to ask) it saves us the gas

I have taken out tomorrow nights supper moose & pork burgers, I need to have a look in the freezers and see what we have as it's slim pickings these days.

I looked at the new flyers posted for this coming weekend and well there is nothing worth mentioning which keeps my budget on track as there are no tempting sales. Has anyone else noticed the recent increase in pork/beef blend ground beef I think they have caught on to people buying the ground pork vs. the ground beef but I will admit the price for the beef/pork mix is quite steep $3.99 .

It's pretty quiet on here this evening, wishing everyone a wonderful evening.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Off to a computer service call tonight (i think this months goal was 2) and another laptop dropped off tonight which makes so far this month.

I ordered my purple caribes from t and t and some
    Purple Vikings to plant come spring when ever that is.

We ordered 2 storage footstools on amazon. Hoping to solve some of the kicking over couch space wars the boys have Once they come in we will advertise our purple non storage one on Facebook. To offset space n $$ cost.

I claimed a small portion of my clothing allowance today its spent in the budget so i deposited the cheque to our emergency fund.

I have knitting add thus week....2blankets a scarf and a dish cloth on the go.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Off to a computer service call tonight (i think this months goal was 2) and another laptop dropped off tonight which makes so far this month.

I ordered my purple caribes from t and t and some
    Purple Vikings to plant come spring when ever that is.

We ordered 2 storage footstools on amazon. Hoping to solve some of the kicking over couch space wars the boys have Once they come in we will advertise our purple non storage one on Facebook. To offset space n $$ cost.

I claimed a small portion of my clothing allowance today its spent in the budget so i deposited the cheque to our emergency fund.

I have knitting add thus week....2blankets a scarf and a dish cloth on the go.
    Great job on the service calls/side jobs, sounds like you are busy with your knitting saundyl

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Taxes done and sent! I was finished ages ago, but I was waffling. This Netfile thing is amazing. The file has already been received by CRA. Yay!

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information