User Tag List

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl great job on all fronts
    @Crochetlady very flattering about customers/visitors wanting to bring back some of your wonderful products to Switzerland
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Just want to say that my 1.88 asparagus was nom nom nom with the pulled pork.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Aoha! Nice weather here and enjoying our visit.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Omg bf took raosted garlic havrti cheese...stuffed it into chicken breast and wrapped it on bacon. it was delicious. Paired with kd macaroni salad (left over from thursday night) (We found 375 g packs of bacon for 2.75 last night)

We found bob's bacon 375 g for 2.75 at the store last night.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi - and wow, you are all a bunch of busy bees!

Great shops to read about, that's always nice to see the bargains you all get, as well as the redemptions. We are slowly building back our points after we wiped them out last year (but are grateful we had them when they were desperately needed, for sure!).

Husband went in the aft to meet our son at the shop to get the van worked on. I had suggested that he just take Milan out for supper after.

But he came home bearing a bag of food - he said it was so good he knew I would like it, so he brought home exactly what they each had. They had gone to a fave place of Milan's, a Vietnamese place. which is close to his work and the mechanics go there often because it's a lot of good food for a decent price.

Luckily I hadn't had supper, so this was a FAB surprize - and I'd never had Viet food, either. Husband thought it was delish - which surprized me, actually, once I saw what it was. (I think I've won him over, expanding his taste horizons in general!)
    So it was grilled pork with pork balls on noodles with salad, with spring rolls. Plus the leftover dry ribs they had ordered. It was interesting - different subtle flavours from what I've had before, but very good combo - oh, and whatever the dipping sauce for the rolls was is yummy.

Yay to my husband for being such a honey - I guess my son thought it wasn't a good idea for him to bring home food in case I had had supper already, but my husband said he knew it would be fine because I'd just eat it the next day...

.... and I'm full!

I had gotten as much during the day done as I could, which in total wasn't much - I have a hurt ankle, so that limits me a bit. Hopefully husband will give it a good rubdown again tonight - his healing can do magic!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! I was really under the weather today but managed to get some things done. Stomach issues - I think I reacted to something I ate last night. Laundry is done. Cupcakes made for the "Coffee and Conversation" tomorrow after church (And you people know I NEVER bake - so pretty proud -) Got the beginnings of a booklet started for our minister who is leaving. Sent off a wedding ceremony proposal to a couple I will marry in May - Ate the BRAT diet all day - (Bananas, rice - well not really- apple sauce and toast.) kept my dh company while he watched WAY TOO MUCH March Madness Basketball.

Dogs washed (I'm in charge of the drying part.) They sure do smell much better.

Got to get to bed or I'll never wake UP for church!
    Sweet dreams everyone!

Andit - glad your doggie is doing better. How would SHE like having a little "student" to teach all her tricks?

I'll try to catch up a bit tomorrow.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I took half the cake i made over (after bf iced the half for me) to our neighbor ...got to snuggle their baby and have a visit.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning. I guess I should get rolling. Laundry is almost done. Last load in dryer. Mind you I could find more to wash. Shirts hanging in laundry room so just have to bring them upstairs to closets. Love putting stuff right on hangers from the dryer. Now that I'm caught up will start using my drying rack!
    posted a few things for sale last night ( pulled a bin from garage). A few people interested so I'm back at it. Will post a bunch of stuff today before we leave for ds's hockey game. And more this evening when we are watching tv and relaxing.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Still feeling the effects of a nasty cold (by normal standards this would be a minor annoyance, not even rating a day off - I'm far from normal ). Came home yesterday after about an hour, cause I was slurring my words (still not sure if it was real or in my head - either way it was time to leave). When I got home, I sat down on the couch & fell asleep sitting up for 3 hours. Who does that??? Well, Quincy cat does nod off when he's in what I call the sphynx pose (head up, body straight, front paws perfectly aligned in front of him) - but even he only does it for a minute or so, before his head hits the ground and he jolts himself awake (& screams at the ground for smacking him ).

At least Lily dog is being helpful. Quincy cat is being clingy, which is not necessarily helpful.

On the plus side, I've been sleeping so much, I woke up in the middle of the night wide awake. So I thought I'd 'roll up the rim to win'...and won! Granted it's a free coffee and not the car, but I still managed to win something! Sent the winnings off to my best friend, who gets even more excited when I win something than I do. Nice to know the 800+ clicks amounted to something.

Off to flake out on the couch. Chores can wait. Naps with critters cannot.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Andit - glad your doggie is doing better. How would SHE like having a little "student" to teach all her tricks?
    Interesting you should say that. She's been far less anxious around dogs than she has been in years (got attacked as a pup & believes in the scream in their face then run away school of thought - which usually leaves me stuck in the middle of a doggy tiff ). I've been thinking of adding a roommate for a while now, likely next year. After the scare I had with her last week - she was sooo sick, I actually thought I was going to lose her - I realized I'd better get cracking on the new addition. I'm thinking a golden retriever puppy from a breeder - the rescues won't let me have a dog cause I don't have a house with a fence-in backyard and the shelters simply don't have dogs (the few there have health or behavioural issues or are older). I'm willing to take on the challenge of a rescue, just not while I have Lily dog (it wouldn't be fair to her).

So....are you looking for a tutor? Or do you know a little lost soul in need of a home?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

It's just SO odd to look out the window and seeing everything covered with fresh snow.....
    But it's not unusual for spring here...

Enjoy the day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped out quick to Shoppers to grab ruffles ( sour cream and bacon!) and eggs. Then came home and fried 2 eggs to be used for boys breakfast tomorrow to use up the last 2 English muffins in the freezer. Boiled eggs for snacks for the next few days. Next making oatmeal for my breakfast the next few days. Then shower and leftover pork/Turkey burger for lunch the. Off to sons hockey game. Oh and have a pick up arranged for today . Will try and post things before we leave for hockey hoping to come home to tons of messages to arrange pick up

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Early start here with a 9 AM Lacrosse game. I am just catching up the budget and doing my savings tracker. I had an awesome day of savings yesterday. $100. In SDM points used, $ 50.00 of PC points used and over 25.00 in coupons. But sadly I have totally depleted my PC points. And I have no good offers this week so I won’t be building them back up any time soon.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Odd weekend here, I had a few days last week were I woke up at really odd times in the middle of the night wide awake (3:20 am), figured it was just from travelling and my body being thrown out of whack. Well this weekend was just the same yesterday I was awake at 4:30 am and today at 4:55 and surprisingly I have not been exhausted all day so I am going to go with it and see where it goes.

Yesterday we went shopping, we needed to go to Costco and get a few things, by far Costco has the best garbage bags we have tried many brands but so far Costco is the only ones we have found that do not leak which is super important since we have to haul them out to the dumpster. As well ran into No Frills to pick up some Chicken Wings for Mom and discovered they still has Campbell's Broth on for $0.99/Tetra Pack so we bought a case each of Beef and Chicken to add to the case of Beef I got last week, pretty sure we will be good on broth for awhile now.

This morning I started prepping for the week, cut up a cantaloupe I bought yesterday and am trying to figure out what else I will make. This week is kind of an odd week as I am here Monday & Tuesday and than off to a branch for the rest of the week. I so badly want to do a large cook but I know I won't be here to eat it.

Today I will also be doing laundry, still need Mom's help to carry it plus Mom is going to help me clean up the stockpile room as there is stuff down there I cannot lift. I know I have to let my muscle heal but this is getting really annoying, I keep trying to do things and have to stop myself.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Last day of March break , I'll be glad to get back to a routine .

Yesterday I used up 3 partridge from the freezer and made partridge balls aka chicken balls and they were delicious, partridge is finiky as it dries out so easily. Also used up 2 packages of onion rings, slowly getting rid of items that need to be used up .

Yesterday I baked a cake, made 12 vanilla cupcakes, made 24 pecan pie muffins and some icing which I didn't like but that's okay.

Since I have connections and Ashley your mom is a cake person, could you ask her if she has a recipe for white icing, to narrow the search , I really like the type of icing that kind of tastes like dream I have no idea what it's called but if you could ask your mom I would appreciate it, thanks
    @lizzie bargain hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii with your daughter, soak in some sunshine & warm weather for us folks in SC.

I need to make my meal plan until the end of the month as being on a pension I only get paid once a month which can make budgeting challenging at times.

Dh & I went to the re-use it centre, I got a few more pairs of shorts for Jaden so he should be good for the summer . I hope to find some shorts for Logan in the next little while . I got myself (I know I don't need clothes ) some summer skirts which I will try on and see if they fit.

Wishing everyone a fantastic afternoon & evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information