User Tag List

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

DH and BIL picked up a set of bunkbeds we found on kijiji yesterday. For $100 we got the bunkbeds (solid wood - looks mennonite crafted), 2 mattresses and a dresser. All assembled now and I think we got a great deal

Our DDs really want to share a room and have been "sleeping over" in each other's rooms for the past few weeks. They are sooo excited lol.

Youngest DD has been sleeping on our old queen mattress and boxspring since she outgrew her toddler bed. I posted it for free on a "too good for the dump" page on FB and it was gone in 5 minutes lol. So its going to a friend of mine who lives down the street. Glad someone can use it

Oldest DDs bed (which has a trundle bed under it) is now in the new spare room with the free mattresses on it.

I can't wait for the girls to get home from school to see their new room
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Thu, Mar 5th, 2015 at 11:45 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

BF is still waiting for the plumber to arrive...he said he'd be there yesterday but didn't show...and he told BF an hour and a half ago he'd be there in 5 minutes.

I'm rather dreading the bill. Bf seems to think even with it we're ahead this month and wants to do an over night trip to High Level for groceries. I want to wait and see what the "damage" is before we book anything as i really don't want to be in debt for an over night trip that I'm not sure is 100% necessary right now.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Our Power bill has gone up by about 210 dollars since November. We got a sheet from the power company whuch shows how much certain devices cost per month if used or plugged in for 5 hrs per day. We spent yesterday evening going around and unplugging any chargers that werent in use (they draw power even when not charging something) BF reset the timer on the block heaters, unplugged the microwave and will be making an effort to hit the power button on the satellite receiver when its not in use.

I hope you feel better soon.
    @saundyl is there any way you could scan or take a picture of the sheet you rec'd I know I for 1 would greatly appreciate it - if you are unable to no worries, does it have a website address or something
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    DH and BIL picked up a set of bunkbeds we found on kijiji yesterday. For $100 we got the bunkbeds (solid wood - looks mennonite crafted), 2 mattresses and a dresser. All assembled now and I think we got a great deal

Our DDs really want to share a room and have been "sleeping over" in each other's rooms for the past few weeks. They are sooo excited lol.

Youngest DD has been sleeping on our old queen mattress and boxspring since she outgrew her toddler bed. I posted it for free on a "too good for the dump" page on FB and it was gone in 5 minutes lol. So its going to a friend of mine who lives down the street. Glad someone can use it

Oldest DDs bed (which has a trundle bed under it) is now in the new spare room with the free mattresses on it.

I can't wait for the girls to get home from school to see their new room
    @bobbiegirl 2010 sounds like a fabulous deal and I imagine your young ladies will be over the moon with their new room, great job

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

BF is still waiting for the plumber to arrive...he said he'd be there yesterday but didn't show...and he told BF an hour and a half ago he'd be there in 5 minutes.

I'm rather dreading the bill. Bf seems to think even with it we're ahead this month and wants to do an over night trip to High Level for groceries. I want to wait and see what the "damage" is before we book anything as i really don't want to be in debt for an over night trip that I'm not sure is 100% necessary right now.
    @saundyl I'm on your side , I would wait and see what the cost is for the plumber before planning a night away and a large grocery shop as you never know.

Fingers crossed the bills is manageable

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

called my brother in London,ontario today chatted for a half hour
    -my gum is killing me today -infamed -good thing i am not going anywhere took a tylenol 2
    -may walk around to mail box and mail a rebate

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @saundyl is there any way you could scan or take a picture of the sheet you rec'd I know I for 1 would greatly appreciate it - if you are unable to no worries, does it have a website address or something
    http://www.northlandutilities.com/Do...TFinal2013.pdf

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@saundyl I'm on your side , I would wait and see what the cost is for the plumber before planning a night away and a large grocery shop as you never know.

Fingers crossed the bills is manageable

BF says the first guy was there and says "he doesnt have the tools to fix it" to call this other company. So now hes waiting on the other company which...the last 2 times we had them out for frozen pipes the bill was about 1200 each time. and i think his ex has an outstanding bill from her frozen seweage line in the shop for there for around the same amount.

He is actually agreeing with me though when i pointed out the history of cost and my feeligns on the trip.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    called my brother in London,ontario today chatted for a half hour
    -my gum is killing me today -infamed -good thing i am not going anywhere took a tylenol 2
    -may walk around to mail box and mail a rebate
    take care of yourself coupon girl

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thanks, greatly appreciated
    Andit, Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

BF says the first guy was there and says "he doesnt have the tools to fix it" to call this other company. So now hes waiting on the other company which...the last 2 times we had them out for frozen pipes the bill was about 1200 each time. and i think his ex has an outstanding bill from her frozen seweage line in the shop for there for around the same amount.

He is actually agreeing with me though when i pointed out the history of cost and my feeligns on the trip.
    I'm glad your both on the same page, when people are not it creates problems
    Andit, Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm glad your both on the same page, when people are not it creates problems
    I've noticed when people dont communicate and assume everyones on the same page creates problems too. I truly think communication is very important if relationships are to last.

I admit to being "bad" today I got my yarnspirations order a couple days ago for several blankets which are not yet started....but the colour of wool i want for my mother's blanket finally came in stock after waiting for 2 months for it...i ordered it today and added the cost to my "52 week savings" Ihave a line for $$ already spent on chirstmas which comes off a savings week at a later date. I keep the 52 week savings money for Christmas money.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Try this fun and interactive tool from Hydro One:

http://www.ieso.ca/house/hydroone/default.htm

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I've noticed when people dont communicate and assume everyones on the same page creates problems too. I truly think communication is very important if relationships are to last.

I admit to being "bad" today I got my yarnspirations order a couple days ago for several blankets which are not yet started....but the colour of wool i want for my mother's blanket finally came in stock after waiting for 2 months for it...i ordered it today and added the cost to my "52 week savings" Ihave a line for $$ already spent on chirstmas which comes off a savings week at a later date. I keep the 52 week savings money for Christmas money.
    Yes you are bang on and what peeves me is that in many relationships people can`t see the other persons point of view.

Exciting that the yarn was available for ordering

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Try this fun and interactive tool from Hydro One:

http://www.ieso.ca/house/hydroone/default.htm
    Thanks

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information