User Tag List

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley was is a instant pot? just curious
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady is there anyway that your pharmacy can track down this drug from another location, this is what we had to do with Jaden's meds when there was a shortage and the plant was closed for 3 months, we traveled to various locations with a prescription for each location and got enough meds to last him until the plant was to open, just a thought. Hope things work out

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl geez that ex sounds like a real piece of work, why bother asking what your plans are just to mess them up. Does she not realize all that you and your bf do for her, the hair salon, etc.....I'm guessing there is no "official" arrangements on paper for the kids it's just between the 2 adults to decide

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Crochetlady I love Chinese food it's my favorite but I always eat too much as well, I get my monies worth (lol).
    When I go to a Chinese food buffet with friends, I get teased mercilessly about being a carnivore. I fill my plate with various meats, very little veggies and no rice (I'm ok at making veggies & rice & potatoes, but my meat dishes are never as yummy, so I overdo it ).

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    It seems that someone I was acquainted with in the past has recently passed also. Was able to spot mention of her through a church bulletin and figured she was unwell. I checked the obituaries too and saw she had passed on Saturday. She usually took a minute or two to chat if we spotted each other near her survey. Don't know what happened to her cat (rehoused, given away or what-not named in the obit.)
    So sorry for your loss. Hopefully, the kitty found a home. I know how hard it was when my friend passed away to rehome her 3 kitties.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Andit enjoy being spoiled by your mom and I'm sure it's a nice to change sceneries mind you, you do get out quite often, have fun & good luck with your laser eye surgery
    I try to do as much as I can. I've come to realize how short life is, so I try to make the most of it (even if I know I have to pay a price - pain levels through the roof, spending a day or so in bed unable to do much, etc). For me, it's worth it to enjoy life.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! We have sunshine here yippee! Going for a drive to the city this afternoon so will enjoy the drive with the tunes cranked Now to get at the work on my desk . Have a great day everyone.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This place is a bit like Cheers (remember that old show?). I can almost hear the theme song as soon as I click on this thread.
    @Andit , my mother would say at least you get your money's worth. Not like this bird here who ate nothing but won ton soup the first time she went to a Chinese buffet.
    @Mrs. S unshine, @Ciel , sorry to hear about the loss.
    @SassyAshley , hope you feel better soon. It might take months though and you'll probably need your mom to help you brush your hair for awhile. I did not like this past October-January when I had something similar. My doctor said to brace yourself when you sneeze or cough as the surprises are especially painful. Oh and hiccups are just awful so try to get rid of them quick in whatever way works for you.

Another money setback for me. This might be one of my all-time lows for things that I could have predicted beforehand. I forgot to repay my home buyers plan RRSP for last year. I was sure that I had, but "mommy brain" is a lot worse than I expected. With the new baby, it completely slipped my mind. What really angers me is that I was in at the bank, putting a little money away for LO's RESP and my TFSA. I was there, and I forgot! It's also barely a week past the deadline and I could have avoided over $300 in taxes if I had just known a week ago (from the time I found out). I really wish my company handed their T4s out earlier than the last day in February, and that I had time to search for all my tax forms in one day.

QOTD: What is your worst money mistake ever and how did you fix it? If you couldn't fix it, what did you learn from it?

As for me, I've written it in my calendar to make an appointment with the bank in April, when I expect my taxes to be assessed so there won't be a chance I'll miss it for this year. Somehow, having a LO made me get rid of my calendar as well (I think she just takes it out of my bag and it never made it's way back in again).

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hmm worst money mistake. Joining up with Bell?? lost $$!~

so not having a good day. im supposed to be at a funeral, however i chose not to go and torture myself more than i did yesterday. I des. need to talk to family. Unfortunately i'm fearing the worst of a situation.

its gloomy here, not happy. need sunshine. didn't sleep much last night either and want to go back to bed.

good note, my son was off this morning with no issues. yay.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy an Instant Pot is a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker all in one. It actually has a few more functions I can't think of off the top of my head in total it is a 7 in 1 electrical pot. I was not sold on it, I wanted it but still on the fence until I started to read all the reviews on Amazon, seems like most loved it except that the instructions are not the best, which I figure I can work around. I love the idea of rice, quinoa, oatmeal in minutes. Plus the set it and forget it thing is also great. Maybe this will help with our eating out as meals can be done in a fraction of the time.

Here is the link:
    http://instantpot.com/
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went to fortinos and got a bunch of groceries -haven't been out to get a lot -I talked to my sister-in-law last night as to why I havent gotten rid of this cold -seems it may be sinitius-so I bought ginger to drink in boiled water ,eucalyptus oil to drape my head over a bowl of boiling water -1 cup -that really helps and used my neti pot
    -man I need to knock this out of me
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well went to fortinos and got a bunch of groceries -haven't been out to get a lot -I talked to my sister-in-law last night as to why I havent gotten rid of this cold -seems it may be sinitius-so I bought ginger to drink in boiled water ,eucalyptus oil to drape my head over a bowl of boiling water -1 cup -that really helps and used my neti pot
    -man I need to knock this out of me
    hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

well got a lot of those sh*tty jobs that needed to get done - geez they are small but take so much time....grrr paperwork and phone calls but relieved they are done for another while. Dinner tonight is hot Italian sausage on a bun as we got a last minute invite to join the inlaws to celebrate a belated birthday to mother in law, we were all excited thinking it was take out pizza as they normally get take out only to be disappointed with it's not delivery it's delissio (lol) oh well I didn't have to cook. Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon and evening.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    (((hugs))) Saundyl, funny how people make their own assumptions regarding the boys being fed. I know for years I have been bugged and teased about my "lack" of cooking skills and being able to feed myself when in reality I have been doing it since I was a teenager. As for their Mom I hate to say it but it sounds like she gets enjoyment from ruining/wrecking your plans which I have seen before when it comes to divorce. It is almost like it make them feel they have the upper hand. You see it a lot when one parent has the kids most of the time vs a parent who only gets them every other weekend the so called "full time" parent makes plans and changes schedules and feel that is their right because they have the kids more and are the "full time" parent.

Crochetlady seems a bit odd that they cannot do anything for you. It is not your fault it is not available.

So I was very bad last night, after about an hour or so of reading about the instant pot, I purchased it. Only cost me about half price as I had some gift cards I could use to cover the other half but still money I did not need to spend. Oh well this is my splurge for me.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Doesnt that assumpition just make you sad sometimes?

The sad thing is with her we have them a week and she has them a week....and a good portion of the week they are with her...they end up with us during the evening anyways with her either doing hair in the house (bleh) or them saying they'd rather be at dads while she drops one or the other off or runs to her house to get something needed for whatever and is gone for a couple hours.

I dont mind having the boys. I do mind her using us or ruining plans with them.

What is an instant pot?
    Last edited by saundyl; Tue, Mar 10th, 2015 at 03:06 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Getting 2 toilets replaced today. We've run into a couple of problems.......Why can't anything be EASY??? Luckily our neighbour who is doing the work is an "all-round" handiperson! He's on the job! But a 2 hour job has turned into a 4 hour (at least) job. Then, of course, because the new tank is smaller, you can see where the painting ended behind the tank. Painting the bathrooms was not on the list - but dominos......
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Here are the booties/toque I made for a baby giftName:  IMG_2538.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  56.3 KB

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avon -we had out toilet replaced about a month ago -hubby did it -but didn't want me home -lol and I see burgundy behind the toilet the bathroom is a deep brown now -oh well I will deal with that in the spring or summer
    -momf 5boys -very cute booties and hat

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information