User Tag List

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Last edited by saundyl; Tue, Mar 10th, 2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: removed my comment
    Andit and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@momof5boys very nice
    Andit, Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu nothing is ever easy atleast that is our luck, hope everything turns out okay

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Crochetlady is there anyway that your pharmacy can track down this drug from another location, this is what we had to do with Jaden's meds when there was a shortage and the plant was closed for 3 months, we traveled to various locations with a prescription for each location and got enough meds to last him until the plant was to open, just a thought. Hope things work out
    They got one from another location but I`m not sure if it`s one that is covered. I`ll be picking it up tomorrow.
    I asked if Trillium will cover it if the other is unavailable but she said there is nothing in place for that.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Tue, Mar 10th, 2015 at 06:07 PM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ momof5boys The booties and hat are cute.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-went to move my stove out as I lost 2 spoons behind it -cleaned behind it and went to push it back -chipped the laminate on the corner of counter -oh well sh** happens so got the glue gun out
    -son asked us to babysit "ashlyn" Friday night " free date night for them-he got giftcards for his birthday

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

15 minutes of work left! yay!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went for a lovely evening walk for about 16 minutes around my block-so uplifting

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    They got one from another location but I`m not sure if it`s one that is covered. I`ll be picking it up tomorrow.
    I asked if Trillium will cover it if the other is unavailable but she said there is nothing in place for that.
    I don't see why it wouldn't be as pharmacies especially chain pharmacies swap products all the time, fingers crossed it is and if it's not I would ask why as it's available to you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Saundyl-my grandma was difficult like that-she would ask which one you wanted or what you wanted to do and then do the opposite. Finally my Mum would make her say first-for eg if they were going to share a hotel room my mum would say which bed do you want and once she chose then that was hers! Otherwise if Mum chose first then granny would always want whatever she had. If granny said what should we have for dinner Mum would put it back to her choice rather than my Mum choose something and granny moan and say she wanted something else. It is just annoying, manipulative behvaiour( which i guess is semi excusable in an older person-granny lived to 99). Maybe you can try asking the mother of the boys her plans for Easter first so that then you can state yours and she then can't muck them up. Good luck and try to turn the tables whenever you can. I guess the other thing is you can just have the ex deal with her and only by email so you can have a chance to think about the response rather than being put on the spot. I know these relationships with ex's can be very challenging!

Spent 8 hrs today looking after the 4 month old twins as the Mum had some back injections and wasn't allowed to drive or lift so now time for me to veg. Luckily another friend took the 4 year old twins or it would have been much more chaotic!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a teacher text me last night to tell me that she had made a mistake and only asked for approval for me for the afternoon. Frustrating since she had booked this in December, but not much I can do about it. I'm in for the full day tomorrow for her.

I haven't been very sick for nearly a week now. I was concerned and moved my appointment with my gp to yesterday just to get things checked out. I guess my body is just adjusting to the pregnancy or something. Both babies were doing just fine, my blood pressure had gone up a little more towards the normal range, and I had gained 1lb in 2wks. So I am now at -7lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and I am currently 16wks pregnant with the twins.

My brother stopped by on Sunday evening and dropped off the crib, we just need to get a mattress for it. The "new" crib is white, our current crib (second hand from my mom) is a cherry red colour. We still need to get another 1 or 2 dressers. I started cleaning out the closet in LO's new room so in preparation for his move. It's emotional to think about him being a big brother in 4-5months time. I'm slowly making some progress around the house and am somewhat "nesting."
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I can finally pack for our trip! I picked up the kids passports today ( we leave at noon Thursday!). Last minute Sally here lol. So excited now! Doing laundry now and everything is put away that was done on the weekend. Fridge is looking empty. Picked up pizza for dinner on way home from passport office with GC from radio win last month. Have $25 left on GC for another time

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I so enjoy popping in on this thread. It really puts lives to the smart canuck members. I took a sick(mental health) day today. Awesome. I have 3 twenty somethings living with me..my kids while they go to school.I wonder some days if we'll be on speaking terms when they leave. All of them were out for most of the day! This rips me up ..one part feels like I could really accomplish stuff while they're out. Instead I didn't get dressed and did a netflix marathon. I can live with this. The one thing I did was make twice baked potatoes yum. I love that baby set . I haven't engaged in a hobby since I had kids....maybe time to jump back in! I love couponing but surely something else can be enjoyable!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ps Sassy ..now I want that instant pot!!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Saundyl-my grandma was difficult like that-she would ask which one you wanted or what you wanted to do and then do the opposite. Finally my Mum would make her say first-for eg if they were going to share a hotel room my mum would say which bed do you want and once she chose then that was hers! Otherwise if Mum chose first then granny would always want whatever she had. If granny said what should we have for dinner Mum would put it back to her choice rather than my Mum choose something and granny moan and say she wanted something else. It is just annoying, manipulative behvaiour( which i guess is semi excusable in an older person-granny lived to 99). Maybe you can try asking the mother of the boys her plans for Easter first so that then you can state yours and she then can't muck them up. Good luck and try to turn the tables whenever you can. I guess the other thing is you can just have the ex deal with her and only by email so you can have a chance to think about the response rather than being put on the spot. I know these relationships with ex's can be very challenging!

Spent 8 hrs today looking after the 4 month old twins as the Mum had some back injections and wasn't allowed to drive or lift so now time for me to veg. Luckily another friend took the 4 year old twins or it would have been much more chaotic!
    Wow 99...
    Your mom sounds. Like she figured out a way to deal with your grandma.

Ive noticed it can be challenging with a ex around. I feel for people who have exes that are worse or wont communicate at all.

We will have to try making her decide first.

I do find thst hard...shes last minute and im a planner. Sometimes waiting for her to decideis just not possible ie this summer we are going camping for 2 weeks with extended family. Several of them had to book time off in February. We booked sites as a group last month when time off was approved.

Last summer we planned things consulted her. Even paid for camps etc. One of the boys she decided last minute to take him to visit a friend for a month. Luckily camp had a wait list so we got refunded but he missed seeing his nan and his cousin that were visiting for a week and missed out on camp. The older boy missed out too but we knew in may he was picked to go to cadet camp.
    Last edited by saundyl; Wed, Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:43 AM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information