User Tag List

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    aww Lynn, you poor girl.. you just can't win..feel better soon hun..
    and yes the snow is melting.. sadly for us were surrounded by 'the river'. if i get a chance i'll post a pic tomorrow..

busy day today. trying to find enough left over energy to make the banana/strawberry muffins i need to get done.
    plus the spaghetti squash needs roasting. has anyone ever roasted squash cut side up. i want to add veggies to the inside to roast as well.
    afraid it won't roast properly.
    I would try it, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, I would probably brush it with some olive oil especially the parts that are exposed. worst thing that can happen is the outer part forms a crust which isn't a bad thing.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ coupon girl and @ Lynn Hope you get feeling better soon.

@ Nancy She said they have another vial there but it`s not the one that`s covered. At least I know I will have 5 injections. I don`t see the rheumatologist til almost the end of next month so will see what he`ll do.

@ FBM Have a great trip.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

aww Lynn, you poor girl.. you just can't win..feel better soon hun..
    and yes the snow is melting.. sadly for us were surrounded by 'the river'. if i get a chance i'll post a pic tomorrow..

busy day today. trying to find enough left over energy to make the banana/strawberry muffins i need to get done.
    plus the spaghetti squash needs roasting. has anyone ever roasted squash cut side up. i want to add veggies to the inside to roast as well.
    afraid it won't roast properly.
    Thank you, Sunshine...we used to roast our spaghetti squash in the oven upside down so that they'd 'steam' through, and not get water-logged from all the liquid. Now my hubby places them cut side down on a plate in the microwave for 20 minutes for a smallish sized one we split for dinner...larger ones longer, just poke them from time to time to test for doneness. It's much faster than baking them...hth!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J&C. Good idea to get hubby set up for the SDM email, my DH has beef getting far better offers than me in recent months so he is seeing all the action.
    MrsS I always bake my squash cut side up. I spray some grilling Pam on to brown them up
    Last edited by lilo0003; Wed, Mar 11th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks ladies, i'll try tomorrow.

Crochetlady.. question. have you ever worked a pattern that did NOT call for sl st. I'm working on a doll from a pattern that is from the 80's. i'm trying make the head/face so far no luck, doing just rounds is not creating the shape i should be getting. im using markers as well.
    wondering if i should just try sl st to see if it makes a difference.
    well tomorrow anyway off to bed. nite all.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Whats a sl stitch?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am shunned by my pup tonight. I plucked and cleaned her ears because she was flapping them like an elephant. Now she wont Even look at me.

I got my iud "installed" today. Holy mother of god i didnt expect it to hurt so much. Relieved now though because i dont have to book an appointment for a needle every three months now.

The casserole i did didnt go over well. Oh well.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    WOW what a busy week it has been around here. Yesterday was the first full day I spent in the office. Monday I left early to go see the doc, Tuesday I started working with the leadership coach so I stepped out for an hour for that. Plus Tuesday night we went grocery shopping which did not go so well, I was in serious pain and know I got a little cranky. Not to mention of course we needed ALL heavy stuff and I felt so bad that Mom was lifting it all with her bad back but I physically cannot do it right now.

I am finally starting to feel better aside from the pain in my side so next week I am off to one of our other locations to work with our new branch manager as well as do a little bit more work with the existing staff. I am planning to go for a week which I will probably need (our system is not the easiest to learn and there is ALOT to learn) but we will see if maybe I can head back early, I know there are some concerns on the unknown of when will we get busy and will I be away when it happens. Plus I still need to fit in one other location one their new staff members comes on.

For everyone enjoying the nice warmer weather also remember to be careful. The other night at work they had one of our trucks backed into the loading dock loading it for the next day and a large chuck of ice on the roof came lose, slide off the roof and has smashed the windshield on the truck.

Well time for another day, I am counting down the days till Friday as this week seems really long, maybe it is because I am feeling better and have started doing overtime again. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

thanks ladies, i'll try tomorrow.

Crochetlady.. question. have you ever worked a pattern that did NOT call for sl st. I'm working on a doll from a pattern that is from the 80's. i'm trying make the head/face so far no luck, doing just rounds is not creating the shape i should be getting. im using markers as well.
    wondering if i should just try sl st to see if it makes a difference.
    well tomorrow anyway off to bed. nite all.
    I have tried working without a sl st but I don`t like it. Usually if the pattern says to do that I do a sl st anyway so you get proper rounds. Hope that makes a difference.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Whats a sl stitch?
    slip stitch It`s used to join rounds.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

apparently they don't. tried doing it with the sl st. getting the same affect. its really bugging me.( so this is the doll, second pic is my work without sl t) my third attempt with rounds went a little flatter but nearly where it should be.)Name:  helpP 003.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  46.4 KB
    Name:  helpP 001.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  56.5 KB
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -that's scary, having ice smash the windshield. Hope that safety glass did not damage the driver-that's a scare.

I'm all for icicle smashing. I don't have a snowrake but I use a kid's plastic snow shovel or the snow pusher. I noticed some local stores and buildings don't seem to have someone daily knocking down any curling snow or ice from roofs or other high surfaces. Malls usually have building managers that have to watch that snow and ice does not build up to a point that can damage a flat roof.

Since sunshine has been out daily, I try to do something each day to maximize the rays' energy to melt snow or ice (Tuesday's shovelling out of the front flowerbed resulted in almost all of the snow being melted by afternoon's end yesterday). Yesterday, I saw a pile of oak leaves left under the snow pile by one side of the garage. Yikes, I had bagged 2 yard bags in Nov with them and also a wind-created pile by the driveway not long after. Anyone want oak leaves? I'm going to give them to the green bin...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Luckily no one was in the truck when it happened, it was sitting in the loading bay and the guys where in the building loading the truck.

Those Roof Rakes are amazing we actually use them on our building at work all the time which is why I think the ice falling was so shocking as they keep out roofs pretty clean. Pretty much every snow fall someone is outside pulling down the snow so it be plowed away.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

I washed the staircase going downstairs with all the mudding, sanding & painting dh has done they really needed a good scrubbing.

Dh is currently (fingers crossed) on the last coat of green and hopefully can start the trim tomorrow, I'm really hoping that Logan will be moved into Jaden's old room by the end of March break, I guess time will tell.

I might have suggested to my parents that I go down next week for a few days and I'm really wishing I hadn't, I may just tell them the following week as I need to supervise that things get done around here if I want Logan moved out of his current room .

And in reality my parents do what they want, when they want and where they want so I think I will tell them sooner rather than later perhaps if they want to visit they can drop in for an afternoon as I think it's more important to get things settled around here before dh moves his attention outside with the nicer weather and all indoor projects will come to a halt.

Dinner tonight is leftovers and whatever I can figure out pehpas hotdogs on the bbq if there is not enough pork chops for all, not stressing

I'm expecting a call in the next few days from the accountant to give us an update, I dropped all necessary medical & dental paperwork yesterday which they requested. Now hopefully dh & I can have a day of daydreaming or wishlist as it stood before I dropped off the paperwork we were both getting a refund, combined together it's pretty good but don't want to daydream or make wishlist until I am certain the figures are accurate

DH has announced that he wishes to throw a family reunion, I said my part and my demands but gave the go ahead so I guess time will tell if it will actually happened. I know dh will want to wrap up a bunch of unfinished projects before the reunion so it actually works in my favour

Well off to the races to get a few more things done before the kiddos get home from school.

Wishing all a great day and may it be as frugal as possible
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information