User Tag List

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    90 percent of what ive made since i learnt to knit 13 years ago has been gifts. Ive sold a few things at craft sales. Ive personally kept 2 blankets 2 scarves and about 10 dish clothes out of everything ive made.

I get my wool from walmart alot..clearance sales at fields or other stores. Family gives me alot of wool for gifts ( i love it) ive purchased it at yard sales the thrift store and on Facebook.

I also order online i tried craftersdream but found that two times i ordered it took 6 weeks just to be shipped. The third time (and final ) my order was cancelled and it took until i reported the charge on my card to get a refund (not from lack of attempts at calling or emailing first )

I like yarnspirations but its Usd and more expensive lately.
    Thanks for this. I think Walmart will be my store of choice as well, although the yarn shop has a lot for selection but much higher prices. I just finished crocheting a slipper that I like - tried two others before this - and will be crocheting one more and then give the pair to a young lady who requested slippers I'm getting addicted to crocheting and scrabble now - yikes....housework needs to be done too and so does baking ;-) so I better manage my time wisely.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Didn't get my baking done earlier in the week, it's a MUST for today - have apples to use up.
    Milan is coming for supper, so I have some pre-cooking to do for that.

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!
    Enjoy your time with your 2 favorite guys and can you use my apples for baking as well, I still haven't used up mine it ends up I need sour cream to make my apple loaves
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just got hubby a pair of new cateppilar leather slip ons at marworkarehouse 149.99- for 74.99 half price -nope I paid 73.44-cause i did a survey on the phone from my bill this month when I go my spring jacket-o surveygave e sae 10.00 when you spend over 40.00
    -really like marksworkwarhouse -good quality
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Mar 19th, 2015 at 03:36 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -just got hubby a pair of new catippilar leather slip ons at marworkarehouse 149.99- for 74.99 half price -nope I paid 73.44-cause i did a survey on the phone from my bill this month when I go my spring jacket-o surveygave e sae 10.00 when you spend over 40.00
    -really like marksworkwarhouse -good quality
    Mark's has great quality clothing for sure coupon girl, I find the prices a little steep but the clothing is well made & lasts and they also have a great guarantee and when you shop like you do @coupon girl you can't go wrong

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I slept late this morning (til noon) I find that the night I do my Methotrexate injection I sleep really well. Woke up at 5:30 this morning for a bit so took some Tylenol arthritis. Hope getting 3 doses today keeps the head pain away.

@ Lizzie Have fun in Hawaii

@ Andi Hope you feel ok for the theater tonight. Love hearing about the brats` antics.

@ Natalka Enjoy your time with Milan

@ Saundyl Great idea for the puzzle board. Reading about other people buying yarn makes me even more thankful that I live so close to Spinrite. I have kept very little of what I made over the years.

@ coupon girl It`s good to get out for a treat sometimes. It can change your outlook on life.

@ Grainger Extra cash is always good.

@ Ashley That must have been a scary drive. Glad your coaching is helping.

@ JandC Sometimes we all need a lazy day.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Oh lizzie, Hawaii!! Enjoy, I hear it's beautiful!

Somehow, I need to find a way to lock DH in the house. He took LO out yesterday to get two loaves of bread (with a coupon) and came back with some ridiculously expensive half-dead flower arrangement from the flower store. LO had her eye on it and picked it out. One of the blooms fell off a few hours later so I stuck it in a smaller vase. Right now, it's in the refrigerator and taken out to decorate the dinner table. Give a man a shopping list for a $2 package of pens for my birthday and he comes back with a $45 flowers that will die in a few days.... Sigh.

Sweet and frustrating at the same time.

QOTD: Anyone planting anything this year?

I thought I'd plant a few sweet peas for LO and maybe some tomatoes or strawberries.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Oh lizzie, Hawaii!! Enjoy, I hear it's beautiful!

Somehow, I need to find a way to lock DH in the house. He took LO out yesterday to get two loaves of bread (with a coupon) and came back with some ridiculously expensive half-dead flower arrangement from the flower store. LO had her eye on it and picked it out. One of the blooms fell off a few hours later so I stuck it in a smaller vase. Right now, it's in the refrigerator and taken out to decorate the dinner table. Give a man a shopping list for a $2 package of pens for my birthday and he comes back with a $45 flowers that will die in a few days.... Sigh.

Sweet and frustrating at the same time.

QOTD: Anyone planting anything this year?

I thought I'd plant a few sweet peas for LO and maybe some tomatoes or strawberries.
    Happy Belated Birthday

I'm all over the gardening & planting this year here's a few things off the top of my head

cucumbers (lots)
    green & yellow beans
    snow peas
    tomatoes (lots) as I want to can them my self and make salsa
    I'm guessing dh will want to plant melons but time will tell

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Enjoy your time with your 2 favorite guys and can you use my apples for baking as well, I still haven't used up mine it ends up I need sour cream to make my apple loaves
    Hey J&C these are all good substitutes for sour cream in baking!!! Personally i use buttermilk(home made!)

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Happy Belated Birthday

I'm all over the gardening & planting this year here's a few things off the top of my head

cucumbers (lots)
    green & yellow beans
    snow peas
    tomatoes (lots) as I want to can them my self and make salsa
    I'm guessing dh will want to plant melons but time will tell
    Thank you but it's not my birthday yet. We try to shop early and not leave things until the last minute. In DH's case, it's not to catch any sales, just to reduce stress.

Beans you have to string up? I was thinking of buying one of those reusable seed planters. I saw one at Lee Valley for $20. I'm sure there are ones that cost less, but I'm not sure where to find them. It's a thick durable plastic with drainage and cover.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy birthday Sweet sparrow, I hope you got the pens you were wanting!!! Just enjoy the flowers and let it go, it was a sweet thought!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Feeling crappy since yesterday, spring cold my husband shared with me. Frugal week for me just bought some fresh fruit and most likely will just need fruit and veggies and milk for this week too. I have taken my grocery surplus from the last two weeks and put it in my Christmas fund. We are booking our flights for Hawaii soon, I just have to see the doctor to get travel clearance so I can apply for medical insurance, it gets complicated when you have had a heart procedure and they are still adjusting medications. Still need to get at some sewing but I work this afternoon and then have 3 days off so I am looking forward to completing some projects. I need to get a bit more serious about spring cleaning, i pulled the appliances out and vacuumed and washed the floors yesterday but still a lot more to do. I have my granddaughter a few days next week and the week after for spring break so won't be getting too much done then!! oh well it always waits for you!
    Enjoy your company tonight Natalka!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not sure what we will plant this year yet, I know we will plant stuff but last year did not go well for us. We have a neighbour behind us feeds and calls the squirrels so guess who ate almost everything in my garden.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Happy birthday Sweet sparrow, I hope you got the pens you were wanting!!! Just enjoy the flowers and let it go, it was a sweet thought!
    Thank you, thriftygranny! I know I need to hear that sometimes after I saw the estimate to replace some of the doors and windows in our house. It pretty much costs the same as our car! Then there's the roof, and property tax is due these next few months, car insurance for the year just came out, .... DH needs to plan these for summer!

Tonight, or tomorrow, I mean to take a photo of LO holding the card and sitting with the flowers. It says "Just because. Love DH and LO". I need more photos of LO. She's growing so quickly.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not sure what we will plant this year yet, I know we will plant stuff but last year did not go well for us. We have a neighbour behind us feeds and calls the squirrels so guess who ate almost everything in my garden.
    Maybe something squirrels don't find appealing? Herbs? I don't think they touched my plum tomatoes, but my friend used netting on her strawberries. Our neighbour feeds them also.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Thank you, thriftygranny! I know I need to hear that sometimes after I saw the estimate to replace some of the doors and windows in our house. It pretty much costs the same as our car! Then there's the roof, and property tax is due these next few months, car insurance for the year just came out, .... DH needs to plan these for summer!

Tonight, or tomorrow, I mean to take a photo of LO holding the card and sitting with the flowers. It says "Just because. Love DH and LO". I need more photos of LO. She's growing so quickly.
    I so feel your pain,We replaced windows last year and it was about 1000.00 per window, unbelievably expensive and that was just the main floor, we have to replace two doors and 5 more windows. We are not handy and the labor kills us. Please get a few quotes because man did ours vary for comparable products.
    Take as many pictures as you can, it flies by so quickly.

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information