User Tag List

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Welcome to April's frugal chatter thread,

We chitter chatter about ways to save $, menu planning, questions of the day, inquring minds want to know,

Whether you are new to the thread or already a pro...welcome aboard

Name suggestions for May

May Busy Beavers - lizzie bargain
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Apr 28th, 2015 at 08:36 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Here we go April! April goals - get taxes done. BIL doing them on April 10. Fingers crossed for a good return to help with our goals below. These have been our goals since start of 2015 and it is slow going, but at least it is going.

-recalibrate budget and eliminate shortfall from January/Febraury (this is non-debt, debt; cushioned by other things, borrowing from Peter idea, we are not paying interest on this debt as it is debt to ourselves)...$400 paid off $600 to go

-start paying off LOC (van and online course)
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 10 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Same! I need to get my taxes done too. My girl should be back from her winter South soon!
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 8 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

April already, wow! I turn 40 this month and I am really unsettled by it. I have never cared about any number, but this one, it's freaking me out .
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 10 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

April is big for me. I am finishing university and looking for employment! Eeeeeeek. I am also going to continue my 'spending diet' by mainly spending on needs, and limiting the 'wants' that I buy. Also have to get taxes done and I am expecting a return.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Monkeydoodle(fellow Londoner), congrats! Cdngal...30 was my big stressor..this year will be 50...not until December and I'm stressed about it already. Feel like I'd really like to work toward making some lifestyle changes. I am a smoker and feel like this is something I really need to eliminate. I also used to do a really physical job and in just 5 years I'm not nearly as limber or strong. Never felt the need to exercise much as my job was very physical...need to put some exercise in the daily routine. I love the spending diet idea. When I joined this site I had a moderate pantry and just the fridge freezer. I really need to work on using up some of the things I have. I actually accumulated alot in a short period of time. I always feel like I'll just never get such a good deal again. lol Think I'll try this idea.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@cdngal75 I turned 40 in September and my friends and I joke and say 40's the new 20 and really if you think about it - it's kinda of true
    people are having their kids later in life (late 30's early 40's)
    People

But what bothered me the most and it's nothing to do with turning 40 is I lost 20 pounds this time last year and boy oh boy the wrinkles creeped it and I'm really quite self conscious of them, I know on my mother's side the ladies are very wrinkly but why me......

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Goals for April are to

1. Move china hutch from eatingroom/dinning room to downstairs as it's not really used and I never wanted 1 but dh did
    2. Move current table in eating room/dinning room in storage room until dh makes it to his moose camp
    3. Move large table from downstairs to eating room/dinning room
    4. Help Logan move all his belonging from old room to new room while decluttering and posting items for sale
    5. Post wallunit for sale
    6. repaint upstairs bedroom doors

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Jasperandchar...I know what you mean about wrinkles but when I think about it I think you're right about age. Back in the day at my age you would almost give up on being your best. Many of the people I knew that were my age when I was 30 looked a heck of alot older...when I was young ...probably until age 10 my parents were into the styles and stuff but they just stopped. My mom stopped buying stylish clothes and getting her hair done. I thing people are more into making themselves their best these days..no matter your age.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

For fun...and those who don't know me...I am 32, with two preschoolers, 5 months preggers with the third, work full-time as a teacher teaching Grade 6 in a public school, and decided to take an online course from now until June.

Collectively these thoughts make me insane. I think I can, I think I can...10 more weeks of the online course. I hope the final of the trio of courses won't feel as much of a chore, but be mental stimulation when I am off on mat leave.

Course hours tonight: 3 freakin' hours!!!

My reward: posting on this thread.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:03 AM. Reason: objectified trio with courses so people didn't think I was referring to my children as being chores. lol!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting thread. This April is special to me since it will mark one year since my chemo treatment ended. Other than that age is just a number, keep your mind and body active and carry on. @Granger , you wrote "I think I can", well! That's my mantra too, so if I can, of course you can
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkican View Post
    interesting thread. This april is special to me since it will mark one year since my chemo treatment ended. Other than that age is just a number, keep your mind and body active and carry on. @granger , you wrote "i think i can", well! That's my mantra too, so if i can, of course you can
    welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Logan is off to an exciting day he is 1 of 20 were selected from grades 6 through 8 from his school to attend WE DAY

Dh has driven him in and he will also do a return at home depot as our spray foam kit was defective .

My plans for today include making another double batch of chili for the freezer, do budget with dh as he has been procrastinating which erks me because then he complains that we're working with #'s that don't match last month , yes dear that's because we're 3 days late doing our budget and a whole bunch of things have gone through.

I'm also going to help Logan this evening with moving items from his old room into his new room

It's supposed to rise above 0 today so I have laundry on the go and I will hang outside, I love the smell

I quickly looked at the flyers and nothing is catching my eye which is great for my budget

Well off to the races folks, I'll check in later, wishing you all a wonderful 1st Day of April

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Happy April Fools Day!!! Apparently, I'm the fool since I blathered on in the March thread, completely oblivious that I was in the wrong month. Sheesh! I suspect it will be a long day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Logan will have a blast, I know my great-nephew sure did when he went!

Oh, age numbers - honestly, it's just nothing anymore. My mom was much 'younger' in her 60s than she was in her 50s!
    Now that I have sisters in their 60s, it sure as heck isn't 'old' at all - and I'm almost halfway there, too!

Crazy - where the heck did March go?
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information