User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Fitbit reviews?

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I have used the FitBit Flex (and integrated MyFitnessPal) for overall lifestyle changes that were small and kept accumulating. In just over 125 days, it has helped me lose over 15 inches and 30 pounds. I would definitely look at the goals you want to accomplish to help make a choice, but I stand behind this being the best purchase I have made to track sleep, calories, water, steps, and measurements ... all integrated into charts and graphs! I am very detail orientated and needed to have 'gold stars' for accomplishments and well as tracking over time to move my butt!
    Zonny, Lee03, dahliagrower and 2 others like this.
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing your thread @bargain_hunter_lola I did find this every usefull.

Thank you all for your input!!
    sassypants, toronto166 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How does FitBit compare with a free app like Fit on Android?
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My boyfriend wears his Fitbit 24/7 and has gone through 3 of them in a year....all under warranty. We are trying to figure out why they don't last.....the only thing I can think of is he sweats a lot. Any ideas from this forum?
    ROMEO, sassypants and dededi like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is because it is rubbish, and personally I won't take it for free. I mean you had to go through 3 in one year, hardly a sign of bad luck when you think of it. It is a fad that everyone has jumped on, including people that aren't really into fitness.

It is akin to the Vibram 5 fingers minimalist shoes you see some people (men and women) wear in the gym or even more ridiculously during a marathon (I have seen it) to make a some kind of lame fashion statement, even though they can't run. There is a reason why elite marathons don't wear it for their 42.2km runs, and people like in the under 3hrs category won't be seen dead in it. I won't even wear it for my 5km runs which is sub 20mins. Anyway....if you must get one of these calorie counters / sleep monitors , then I'll wait til the fall when a new wave of them are expected to be released. Review on the Fitbit

http://www.cnet.com/products/fitbit-flex/user-reviews/

and

Couldn't have put it any better

http://jezebel.com/your-fitbit-is-bu...nce-1686024094

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    My boyfriend wears his Fitbit 24/7 and has gone through 3 of them in a year....all under warranty. We are trying to figure out why they don't last.....the only thing I can think of is he sweats a lot. Any ideas from this forum?
    Last edited by beachdown; Wed, Aug 26th, 2015 at 02:27 PM.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    They are amazing with customer service! I had a girlfriend accidentally flush hers down the toilet, and they still replaced it for her! Everyone goes through 'wear and tear' of products so differently it's hard to know why some last longer than others. I've had mine for almost 8 months with no issue and rarely take it off (except to charge it) yet I've had another girlfriend get a bit of a crack in the band after a few months of wear (and it was replaced).

I love the motivation and daily reminder to make healthy choices with a company that is constantly improving.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sassypants View Post
    They are amazing with customer service! I had a girlfriend accidentally flush hers down the toilet, and they still replaced it for her! Everyone goes through 'wear and tear' of products so differently it's hard to know why some last longer than others. I've had mine for almost 8 months with no issue and rarely take it off (except to charge it) yet I've had another girlfriend get a bit of a crack in the band after a few months of wear (and it was replaced).

I love the motivation and daily reminder to make healthy choices with a company that is constantly improving.
    Love my FitBit and their customer service really is some of the best I have ever seen! I have had a FitBit Ultra, FitBit Zip and now a FitBit charge!
    sassypants and dededi like this.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

MY daughter is in need of one, recommended by her health team, so thank you. This thread was very helpful.
    sassypants likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are other similar products out that are cheaper and do fantastic job. Just so you know

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    There are other similar products out that are cheaper and do fantastic job. Just so you know
    My daughter has a fitbit on her christmas wishlist... What would you recommend if I wanted to buy her one?

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I just want to add that there are always 'cheaper options' but not always better. Definitely do some research and read reviews for what is best based on your own needs.

I still love my Fitbit almost 300 days in and have not gone a day without it. I've tried cheaper pedometers and did not find any of the three as accurate or motivating.

I need the connection to my phone and computer to track stats, get badges to show my progress, and compete with friends who motivate me. This model doesn't have as many bells and whistles as it could ... but it has enough to help the average person with a budget in mind.

I've lost 25 inches and 60 pounds so far because I fully stand behind this product (and MyFitnessPal) for making my lifestyle more healthy.

It's hard to judge unless you have used the Fitbit and not engaged with it. IMO

Sent with love from my Galaxy Note 5 ... 💋
    GoJays, Lee03 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, I have been looking at these as well and appreciate your taking the time to write a thoughtful review !
    sassypants and Lee03 like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A few...
    Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band
    Jawbone UP 24 Fitness Tracker
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit
    adidas miCoach Fit Smart
    Microsoft Band (shop around to get it cheaper)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    My daughter has a fitbit on her christmas wishlist... What would you recommend if I wanted to buy her one?
    Lee03 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    A few...
    Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band
    Jawbone UP 24 Fitness Tracker
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit
    adidas miCoach Fit Smart
    Microsoft Band (shop around to get it cheaper)

Thanks! will do some research!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are welcome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information