User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matty's mom

Thread: Natural Consequences?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I usually make my 7yr old learn from natural consequences but there is one thing that she doesn't get to learn from natural consequences, that is, zipping her jacket up.

We are currently living in Scotland where weather is poor, its really cold and theres lots of rainy and snowy days and only two months ago, we had winds of up to 90 miles an hour.

So, she MUST zip her jacket or else I do.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Welcome! I am a firm believer with having my son learn from natural consequences as well. He has had cold hands a few time because of his forgetting his mittens. He is 5 1/2. Asks he has grown, I have removed myself from helping him do______ so that he figures out that he needs to remember to do it himself. I find that as he is quite strong willed, natural consequences tend to be a far better motivator than my telling him. And I hate repeating myself over and over again. Doesn't mean though that I don't have the mittens in my purse when he finally tells me that his hands are cold. I also believe in teaching Grace as well.

If I may ask, would she spend all day outside playing with an open coat if you let her? Mine might... But he is also terribly warm blooded.
    terry2144 likes this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, she would, then she'd complain at being cold or wet.

Thread Information