User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: My BIGGEST Brag ever!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am so proud of my DD I can't really express it. She has truly been a gift. When she was little she had a terrible speech impediment and worked very hard to overcome it, (yr.s of speech therapy) she was teased relentlessly because of this. Due to her speech problem she had a hard time with spelling and still struggles with it (she could not sound out words and had to learn by sight). As she got older her speech improved and now most people think she has an accent (New York). One would think she might become shy because of this, but quite the opposite happened, she became great at public speaking and learned to ignore people that had nothing nice to say. Since she has been in high school she has struggled to fit in, she has been bullied by a teacher and has learned how to be the fearless, beautiful young woman she is. She has been on the honor roll every year and can graduate this year (gr 11) with all her credits because she volunteers for every service and leadership class offered. She has won the school citizen of the year award and has been on the roll of distinction. She volunteers in the schools Class for special needs Youth and plans to become a Special Education Teacher. This past weekend all of her hard work was recognized when she was crowned Miss Teenage Okanagan and has secured a position in the Miss Teenage Canada Pageant this summer. Her platform is anti bullying, using experience to try and make a difference. She truly is my greatest brag ever, not because of the win but just because of the awesome person she has grown up to become. You can check her out on Face BookI am so proud of my DD I can't really express it. She has truly been a gift. When she was little she had a terrible speech impediment and worked very hard to overcome it, (yr.s of speech therapy) she was teased relentlessly because of this. Due to her speech problem she had a hard time with spelling and still struggles with it (she could not sound out words and had to learn by sight). As she got older her speech improved and now most people think she has an accent (New York). One would think she might become shy because of this, but quite the opposite happened, she became great at public speaking and learned to ignore people that had nothing nice to say. Since she has been in high school she has struggled to fit in, she has been bullied by a teacher and has learned how to be the fearless, beautiful young woman she is. She has been on the honor roll every year and can graduate this year (gr 11) with all her credits because she volunteers for every service and leadership class offered. She has won the school citizen of the year award and has been on the roll of distinction. She volunteers in the schools Class for special needs Youth and plans to become a Special Education Teacher. This past weekend all of her hard work was recognized when she was crowned Miss Teenage Okanagan and has secured a position in the Miss Teenage Canada Pageant this summer. Her platform is anti bullying, using experience to try and make a difference. She truly is my greatest brag ever, not because of the win but just because of the awesome person she has grown up to become. You can check her out on Face Book https://www.facebook.com/missteenageokanagan
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by 1cheapb*tch; Thu, Mar 5th, 2015 at 09:38 PM.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Awesome brag! You must be so proud!

She sounds like a truly amazing young woman with A LOT of potential.

WTG to her and to you for raising such a great person.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Congrats to her! You two look so nice together!
    Her gown is beautiful!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

What a proud moment for both of you! She is absolutely an adorable and beautiful girl.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

You have reason to be a proud mama. Congratulations!
    The best things in life...aren't things

LittleMinx
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

She's absolutely beautiful, just like her mom!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Awesome...so happy for both of you. Your post hits home because my brother has a speech impediment and students/people were mean to him growing up. I had by share with bullies but it was all out of jealousy.Your daughter is a true inspiration. She is beautiful inside and out and you have been a super mom.
    Last edited by Shirnette; Fri, Mar 6th, 2015 at 02:13 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

awesome this is truly a awesome brag -a testament to how awesome you raised her and the lovely young lady she has become
    -my son had speech problems when he started school -e had an awesome teacher and us to help him at home -some kids were cruel thou

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Truly inspiring. Congratulations to both of you! Beautiful photos!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

You can be proud to have such an amazing daughter! Congrats to both of you!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, that is a beautiful story and thank you so much for sharing it...................................

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Beautiful Brag. Such a beautiful story. You have every right to be proud.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sounds like you did something right raising her. Kudos to you as well!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you all for your kind words we both really appreciate them. I will have to post (when I have a bit of time) all the deals we got on our whirl wind shopping trips to get a gown, cocktail dress, bathing suit and silver high heels. We kept saying to each other that it was meant to be, and as it turned out it was.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow. What an inspirational story and beautiful people! She must be very proud of you how you helped her become a beautiful girl inside and out, and i can see from your brag that you are a very happy proud parent. God bless you and your daughter in all aspects of life and help both of you in all of your good deeds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information