User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Decaf
  • 1 Post By Justa Sobriquet
  • 1 Post By Justa Sobriquet
  • 2 Post By Decaf
  • 1 Post By xlxo
  • 1 Post By terry2144

Thread: Failed delivery of order from Mark's (sent by Purolator.)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know who was responsible for the error, this is something that I need to find out because it makes me hesitant to order online from Marks (they used Purolator for the delivery.) The shipping label was printed Dec 24 and an attempt to deliver was yesterday. The problem was, they didn't have the correct address. Somehow, my condo # was used as the street number and the street number was totally absent. I called Purolator and they have scheduled a redelivery for Tuesday. Has anyone else had this issue? I triple checked my address online with Marks at it was correct, I don't know how they completely screwed up the order of the numbers AND omitted one of those numbers (all of which are vital for getting deliveries.) I am relieved that my order was not delivered to the wrong address and left there, that would be a REAL mess to straighten out.
    This thread is currently associated with: Mark's

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It isn't a Marks issue, it is a Purolator issue. A friend at work ordered coffee online and it was delivered by Purolator, they did the same with her address too.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It's probably from Mark's side because the address / shipping label were created by the sender..then again it's the 24 of Dec so the employee could have a lot of things on their mind.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I would have to say Mark's shipping department. We use all sorts of couriers at work Fed Ex, UPS, Purolator and as the order entry staff we enter the shipping info but that is not how it is pulled into the shipping system, our shipper needs to re enter all of the info into the courier system so it would be my guess that, that is where the error occurred.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I had the same issue with purolator with Sears, my aunt was sending me a package and the package didnt put the townhouse letter (A through Z) on it. It was defaulted to the first townhouse in the row and they brought it back to purolator as undeliverable! We then ordered it the same thing through toysrus and it was delivered successfully!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Unbelievable! My parcel supposed to arrived today, checked status on line and "Attempted delivery - incomplete / incorrect address provided".

PS. Talked to Purolator they will re deliver tomorrow. I am so glad as I don't want to go pick up at their depot. They said there's no unit # listed, the street # is correct.

Purolator gonna be really upset with so many errors from Mark's.
    Last edited by Decaf; Mon, Dec 30th, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Justa Sobriquet likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the comments. Here are my thoughts: if this is a Purolator issue (and I think it is, I will explain), it is still a Marks issue if this is their primary carrier. I will NOT order through Marks.com again unless they can assure me that it won't be delivered by Purolator. I will be contacting Marks to let them know the problems I've had.

Purolator reattempted delivery this morning (twice, 6am and 9am) still to the WRONG address. I called Purolator again, waited on hold, got the "we are experiencing high call volumns" message... geez, I wonder WHY. The person that I spoke with on Saturday did not correct the address in the system or their system is totally screwy. Today, I was told that I should have been provided with a reference # when I updated the address on Sat (I wasn't.) I am told that redelivery will be attempted tomorrow (she also gave me the option of picking it up, I do not have a car so I would have to pay bus fare, I will not be paying bus fare for an item that I PAID to have delivered.) I have NEVER had so many issues with a delivery company in my life!
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I am gonna call Purolator again as I didn't get a ref #. Hmm, I really want to receive the item tomorrow, don't want to wait until after new year.

@ Justa: Was your order originated from Timmins, ON?

There seemed to be a glitch in the system as the 2nd half of my postal code is incorrect too.
    Last edited by Decaf; Mon, Dec 30th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the same thing happened to me. I, however ordered from BodyShop and was sent via Purolator. I've checked online and it says "attention needed: incorrect address or address does not exist". I was surprised about it because i ordered early this year, same address, sent by purolator and i did not have any issue with my address. So i called customer service and I asked up front if they have new drivers (seasonal staff) that is not familiar with the area because if you plug in my address on google map, you can find it. The customer service said that's probably the case. After 2 more follow ups, I was able to receive my package.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I am gonna call Purolator again as I didn't get a ref #. Hmm, I really want to receive the item tomorrow, don't want to wait until after new year.

@ Justa: Was your order originated from Timmins, ON?

There seemed to be a glitch in the system as the 2nd half of my postal code is incorrect too.
    No, mine came from Medicine Hat, AB.

Oh, and apparently they tried to redeliver about an hour ago STILL to the wrong address (at least, it is still showing as wrong on the website.) I am home so if anyone knocked or rang, I'd know and I've been in the kitchen most of the time (where I could see if a delivery truck drove by) and I've seen none. I am really annoyed now. They've tried to deliver 5 times, I've spoken to them in person twice and I sent an email on Saturday with my correct address.... how hard can this be? How are they still in business?
    Last edited by Justa Sobriquet; Mon, Dec 30th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Decaf likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On the 7th attempt, Purolator finally got the package delivered. They finally changed the street number to the correct street, instead on using my condo # as the street number, then they left off the condo #, so it was delayed again. Purolator is incompetent when it comes to correcting errors, it should not take that many attempts to correct an address and even when they DO correct it they don't correct it completely. Marks is responsible for at least some of the initial printing errors, if not all of them, because when the package arrived it didn't even have the recipient name on it (mine), it had my mom's name on the credit card (because I don't have a credit card, she used hers for the order) so her name was on the billing portion of the order - my name was on the shipping portion and should have stayed there (we have different addresses too, I guess I'm lucky that Marks didn't enter the billing address as the shipping address.) I did send a complaint to Marks to let them know of the hassle (I also still have not been refunded for the 2nd pair of pants that they left off my order), hopefully they will learn something from this and make less errors in the future (and maybe choose another shipping company) but I won't be ordering from them online again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just received my package. Glad this was over.

Got a new handbag for $8.50
    Last edited by Decaf; Mon, Mar 16th, 2015 at 09:52 PM.
    Tweets77 and Durham Couponer like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I order online quite often and tend to miss deliveries probably more than half of the time. However, I do find Purolator to be the most difficult/frustrating one to deal with when it comes to finding out where/how to get my parcel. They don't leave missed delivery slips in apartment buildings, apparently, so that has caused problems for me in the past with not knowing I missed a delivery (when I didn't have a tracking number). In addition, they have told me every time that I have to pick it up on the other side of the city (a good 20-30 minute drive, unreachable by public transit) even when I have asked if there's any other place in the city they could arrange pickup at. They have consistently said there is no other depot to pick it up at. Last time, when we were picking up the parcel, my fiance made a casual comment that it is really inconvenient to have to drive so far every time... the lady said, "well, we do have another depot at the south end of the city, if that's more convenient for you in the future!" (I live in the south end of the city :| )... Really?! So why am I told every time that I have to come all the way here?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Getting air service with Purolator...
    http://bc.ctvnews.ca/caught-on-camer...port-1.2281271
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So sorry for this bad experience. I was a courier for 14 years...for purolator..maybe, maybe not. If you can see the original label on the package you should be able to tell if Marks put the wrong address on. If they did they will receive additional charges ...was I think about $8 a few years ago. When I started as a courier I was required to do 8 stops per hour. When I left I needed to do between 14 and 17. This is alot. I did not have the time to search for an incomplete address. The address should be unit followed by street address. If additional info such as a building block number or a buzz code it should also be added. As for the throwing of freight ...while employees are told not to throw freight...keep in mind it is loose loaded in a tractor trailer. That trailer is loaded in the order it flows in. If your glass vase is in a box it may be either under many heavy boxes or consider if that load shifts in transit. Before that freight got on that plane it has been through many hands. I sent many things through this service that I packed well. No problem. My parents live in a rural area..if the reg. driver was off it would be scanned as a bad address. I am not defending courier companies but I will say that the couriers are just people perhaps delivering in an area unknown to them that day.
    Decaf likes this.

Thread Information