• 4 Post By terry2144
  • 2 Post By Britanica
  • 4 Post By GoddessDigi
  • 1 Post By macw1960
  • 2 Post By seylz_gurl

Thread: Packaged Food Rant

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So has anyone else noticed that when you buy, say a 13oz box of crackers for said price, you have the option of getting them packaged and portioned for you, but you get like say, 8oz. The thing that bothers me about this is that they charge MORE for less! I mean I get you are paying for them to be convenient but I have seen a box of crackers shoot over $5 from $2 for half the amount just because they had their own baggies. I almost fell for it a few times. I would rather get the larger box for the same price, and then bag the portions myself! lol
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO, macw1960 and terry2144 like this.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The cost of convenience is way too high. In a pinch I will buy for lunch as opposed to fast food but I can easily package stuff into small portions. I was more sucked into this when my kids were young. I don't think cheese strings were out when I realized cutting cheese into tiny sticks really got them! I buy whats economical now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by terry2144 View Post
    The cost of convenience is way too high. In a pinch I will buy for lunch as opposed to fast food but I can easily package stuff into small portions. I was more sucked into this when my kids were young. I don't think cheese strings were out when I realized cutting cheese into tiny sticks really got them! I buy whats economical now.
    I mean we all know we are getting ripped off but we do it because it saves time. lol When I was a kid my mom would buy them snack sized bags of chips, paying 25 cents a bag when she could have got a huge bag and baggies and saved so much money.
    ROMEO and macw1960 like this.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the convenient ones, though. :p
    I paid $2 (minus the 5% Red Card savings) for a box of chips (I think it was 12 bags or something..) and when I calculated it (for what I would pay for the same gram amount, but in bigger bags), these were cheaper. I did stock up (like, 4 boxes worth) of the Disney Princess Halloween ziplock bags from the Dollarama, and I seperate DD's snacks when need to.
    Right now, for her lunch rotation we have: Popcorn (mini bags, from Target, 12 bags for $3.50), sunflower seeds that I bagged, Gerber Graduates fruit twist bars, animal crackers individual bags (I got at Treasure Hunt, so cheaper than bagging myself), veggie crisp chips (bagged myself) and some other things.
    So, just depends.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

That's the joy of paying for convenience most times.
    ROMEO likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yep, I purchase the snack size Ziploc bags to make my own unless the convenience packs are on sale. noticed my WM is carrying the 750 ml chocolate milk for same price as the 1 litre size used to be. maybe they're hoping we don't notice.
    ROMEO and macw1960 like this.

Thread Information