User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: It's Crazy to me...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    Yessss! Next trip I'll be topping up my gift cards! Thanks Poobah!
    Alright, but be warned... They won't know what the hell your talking about. So first have them scan your optimum card, then have them select gift card as if you were buying one, but then they press "f1" to select "top up". Then you swipe your gift card, and tell them how much you want to "top up".

haha

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am all about the personalized coupons, manufacturing coupons, deals and hunting the flyers every week. But i think a lot of people don't do it because it takes a lot of work. I enjoy doing it but not everyone does. There is a cost factor and that is time. For example, a friend who doesn't have dependents, works 60hrs a week and doesn't have a lot to shop for and pursuing a doctorate would rather just go to the store when he has time. Going thru the flyer, matching up to coupons and then making sure to be over $50 takes work (that I find worthwhile but others don't.
    Last edited by jsmile; Wed, Mar 18th, 2015 at 05:03 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    Alright, but be warned... They won't know what the hell your talking about. So first have them scan your optimum card, then have them select gift card as if you were buying one, but then they press "f1" to select "top up". Then you swipe your gift card, and tell them how much you want to "top up".

haha
    Gotcha! I shall train the cashiers . Whether they want to learn or not .
    Anna Michele and terry2144 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    I am all about the personalized coupons, manufacturing coupons, deals and hunting the flyers every week. But i think a lot of people don't do it because it takes a lot of work. I enjoy doing it but not everyone does. There is a cost factor and that is time. For example, a friend who doesn't have dependents, works 60hrs a week and doesn't have a lot to shop for and pursuing a doctorate would rather just go to the store when he has time. Going thru the flyer, matching up to coupons and then making sure to be over $50 takes work (that I find worthwhile but others don't.
    This is true...I had an optimum card for years and never used it or paid attention to it. Then when I was recuperating from surgery and had a few weeks off with nothing to do but surf the net all day, I discovered the Smart Canucks forums and realized what I was missing! Now I make the time for it, but before I never would have because I didn't know what it was worth.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the help lorken and everyone else who keeps us smartcanuckers on our toes. Look out SDM! I LOVE FREE!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    This is true...I had an optimum card for years and never used it or paid attention to it. Then when I was recuperating from surgery and had a few weeks off with nothing to do but surf the net all day, I discovered the Smart Canucks forums and realized what I was missing! Now I make the time for it, but before I never would have because I didn't know what it was worth.
    Same...and life hasn't been the same since ..in a good way!!
    amira84 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I commute to work by bus 30 minutes each, which is good time to scan the flyers on my iPad. is a great app for that, the flyers are even searchable.

I'm not much into matching with coupons though, mostly because there is no simple centralized way to obtain such coupons.
    terry2144 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I can't afford NOT to shop at SDM! Today I bought Estee Lauder skin care products for $110 -- may as well buy them at SDM, because they are the same price everywhere and never go on sale. I had a personalized coupon for 22,000 bonus points when spending at least $100. Then, the wonderful associate told me that I would also get 20X the points for spending at least $75!!! Plus, I used my SDM MasterCard, for an additional 15 points for each $1 spent. In total today, I spent $124.30, including taxes. I earned 45864 points. The only thing I could have done better was to buy $125 in gift cards first, for an additional 1,250 points in store, plus bonus points earned on my SDM MasterCard. But, I will remember to buy a gift card on Friday, (thanks for the reminder!!!) because today SDM sent me another personalized coupon for 22,000 bonus points on $100 spend, and the associate told me that the 20X the points continues through Friday. I will spend another $125 (buy gift card then use it to buy Estee Lauder) and get 48,989 points. My two-day total will be spent $249.30 ($124.30 today and buy $125 gift card on Friday) and I will earn 94,853 points. I will hold off for the Beauty bonus redemption of spend 80,000 points for $200 of product. Will get back almost 100% of my spending in free products!
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kristeven View Post
    I can't afford NOT to shop at SDM! Today I bought Estee Lauder skin care products for $110 -- may as well buy them at SDM, because they are the same price everywhere and never go on sale. I had a personalized coupon for 22,000 bonus points when spending at least $100. Then, the wonderful associate told me that I would also get 20X the points for spending at least $75!!! Plus, I used my SDM MasterCard, for an additional 15 points for each $1 spent. In total today, I spent $124.30, including taxes. I earned 45864 points. The only thing I could have done better was to buy $125 in gift cards first, for an additional 1,250 points in store, plus bonus points earned on my SDM MasterCard. But, I will remember to buy a gift card on Friday, (thanks for the reminder!!!) because today SDM sent me another personalized coupon for 22,000 bonus points on $100 spend, and the associate told me that the 20X the points continues through Friday. I will spend another $125 (buy gift card then use it to buy Estee Lauder) and get 48,989 points. My two-day total will be spent $249.30 ($124.30 today and buy $125 gift card on Friday) and I will earn 94,853 points. I will hold off for the Beauty bonus redemption of spend 80,000 points for $200 of product. Will get back almost 100% of my spending in free products!
    This is the only way to do it
    terry2144 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Are the 22,000 points immediate or to be added later?
    terry2144 likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Are you talking about me? I don't have dependents, I work 50-60 hours a week in a chemistry lab and I am getting my doctorate next year! LOL

But I still make time for my SDM planning and trips! I look forward to Friday not because it's the weekend (I'm usually in the lab most weekends), but for the personalized coupons!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

LOL I don't even have to look at other people, I just look at my household, particularly my brothers. One bro used to coupon but he quit because he cannot find FPC and see 'no benefit' in using dollar-off coupons. My dad and the other bro would never use the coupons, optimum points or pc and its not like we are making a million-dollar a year or something. Some people just don't like savings. Some people do not even know how to use coupon but does not want to learn either...ok I am a 'bad saver' too, I guess, because I never save 100% :p...p.s. I got three bros.

Last month, my [evil] bro 'burnt' [long story] $145 in one occasion and $250 in another...lets just say he is a money-burning machine. My mom was telling me 'if you don't help us save money, we will go bankrupt' HA

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Are the 22,000 points immediate or to be added later?
    Wednesday's coupon bonus of 22,000 will be added April 1. Friday's will be added April 3. Not in time for this week-end's bonus redemption.
    terry2144 likes this.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awsome post... Times like this I often get jealous of you girls and your beauty products. *Grrrr* lol
    Last edited by Poobah; Thu, Mar 19th, 2015 at 08:15 AM.
    terry2144 and wahiariis like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Anyone else have a CANDY CANE SDM card? Scratch and sniff!!!! It will be my re-loadable until the end of time... Or until it no longer smells and they come out with new smelly ones LOL.

Just a heads up reloadables can be loaded to a MAX of 200$. Tried 250 once and the system wouldn't take it.

Any card without a denomination written on it can be reloaded. It's way better for the environment then buying a new card every week before you shop. All Smart Canuks should have one in their wallet!
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information