User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By dededi
  • 1 Post By AddyB
  • 1 Post By secheltsaver

Thread: New meat law in the US....better not cross our border!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So the House in the US has removed the " country of origin" labelling law!! They claim that those labels "discriminate against imports"!! So no one will know where their meat comes from!! Disgusting!!!

If Canada has any thought if doing thus, I'll be turning into a vegetarian!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO and redhdlois like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is really stupid on their part. I like to know where it comes from for safety sake.
    ROMEO and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    So the House in the US has removed the " country of origin" labelling law!! They claim that those labels "discriminate against imports"!! So no one will know where their meat comes from!! Disgusting!!!

If Canada has any thought if doing thus, I'll be turning into a vegetarian!!
    Another example of political correctness gone mad! I live in the UK and ALL our food must show where it is from. Mind you, I was watching a program this morning about a sports bar in the US and here in the UK if our health inspectors had visited it they would have closed it down immediately. Beer was being stored and served far too hot, food was being handled without plastic gloves, etc., etc. I would definitely feel safer in Canada. I remember when we were driving from the States into Canada we had to get rid of the apples we had in the car, I fully support these regulations.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

and the US is also opposing having to indicate if foods are GM'd or not. So....my thinking is...if GMO'd food is ok for you, like they are trying to brainwash you into believing, then why wouldn't they label the food indicating same? Ridiculous what is going on these days.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    and the US is also opposing having to indicate if foods are GM'd or not. So....my thinking is...if GMO'd food is ok for you, like they are trying to brainwash you into believing, then why wouldn't they label the food indicating same? Ridiculous what is going on these days.
    My husband was a crop farmer back in the 1970s and he never grew GM products but he did grow cereal that was cross bread for better yield and resistance to pests - would this be termed GM these days?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AddyB View Post
    My husband was a crop farmer back in the 1970s and he never grew GM products but he did grow cereal that was cross bread for better yield and resistance to pests - would this be termed GM these days?
    No,hybridization through "cross breeding" is not the same as genetically modifying plant tissue (sometimes with cells that aren't even plants) at a cellular level in a lab.Cross breeding is something that can also happen in nature,unaided and doesn't involve microscopes and lab coats.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information