• 3 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By KDivers
  • 2 Post By BC Gal
  • 2 Post By BC Gal
  • 4 Post By walkonby
  • 3 Post By thriftygranny
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By walkonby

Thread: not really a fan of Dr. Oz but today's show ( Mar. 18th ) piqued my curiousity

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Today's show ( March 18th ) was about bloating and the possibility that fructose may be the culprit! At first I thought here we go again.... another batch of foods to temporarily eliminate in the hopes of solving the discomfort that causes what many people are experiencing daily. But it would only be for 21 days ( the elimination of certain foods ) and then the reintroduction of these foods would start 1 at a time back into the diet.
    I just might try this.....but I will miss my fruit on my oatmeal!!
    Anyone else catch this episode today?

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/new-...son-your-bloat

http://www.doctoroz.com/article/plan...ose-intolerant
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Mar 18th, 2015 at 04:59 PM.
    ROMEO, Lynn49, BC Gal and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I didn't see the show, but just read the article...interesting...seems my fruit choices are mostly low fructose, but my veggies tend not to be....Hope this brings you some relief if you try it, Hon.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

me too Lynn, the veggie list seems unfair! Most of what I like is on the higher fructose list. Oh well, perhaps I will not bother trying this, too much sacrifice right now.
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing, this is very interesting.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't watch the show because he jumps on all the new bandwagons online. There are things that I have known for years that he talked about a few months ago LOL

And HFCS effects the candida in the intestinal tract. When it gets overgrown (candida overgrowth) it will leach its way into the gut and anywhere else in the body. Candida causes bloating more than anything else. lol
    ROMEO, walkonby, redhdlois and 1 others like this.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I didn't see the show either, but was he talking about the high fructose that is added to things, like drinks, etc ?
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Britanica View Post
    I don't watch the show because he jumps on all the new bandwagons online. There are things that I have known for years that he talked about a few months ago LOL

And HFCS effects the candida in the intestinal tract. When it gets overgrown (candida overgrowth) it will leach its way into the gut and anywhere else in the body. Candida causes bloating more than anything else. lol
    agree.....candida loves sugar....once you get rid of the candida a lot of 'problems' go away
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 02:17 PM.
    ROMEO, walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not a fan either. He is def likable but not sure about his credibility. Watch Jon Oliver, he did a segment on him.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Fruits and vegetables are normally among the lowest-fructose foods in a healthy diet.

Granola bars, cereal, cookies, yogurt, juice, pop, cakes, ice cream are loaded with fructose (remember that sugar is sucrose, which is made up of fructose and glucose, so table sugar is half fructose).

Even flavoured potato chips have sugar in them, and so obviously more fructose than a plain potato.

One 500 ml Pepsi has as much fructose in it as 10 1/4 lbs of broccoli.

The man is an idiot for suggesting you eliminate fruits and vegetables in order to cut back on fructose, when processed foods include quantities of fructose a zillion times higher.

He is talking about foods that don't have a label on them.
    ROMEO and annedougherty like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I'm a fan of Dr.Oz because he is getting the word out about how to treat and heal ourselves through food. Society has been so quick to take a pill but not to even consider the food we eat might actually effect our health. I think there has been a real change over the past ten years and Dr.Oz really helps get the message out on an international, easy to understand level.

As for what you are talking about walkonby, for sure fructose can contribute to bloating. For me, I really notice it if I eat white bread/buns. They seem to set off a bloating problem that is then effected by fruit and such. Then I have to stop eating all things with fructose - kinda like a reset. There is a similar action for people who are gluten sensitive; they can have some gluten, but when it overloads, they have to stop all gluten for a while then gradually some can be tolerated again (not celiac, just gluten sensitive people).

I hope people don't hate on Dr. Oz without ever watching the show. He really does have some good advice and imo genuinely cares about people's health. Having at-home options for healing is helpful for us, but very helpful for those in the US that don't have free health care.
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    I'm a fan of Dr.Oz because he is getting the word out about how to treat and heal ourselves through food. Society has been so quick to take a pill but not to even consider the food we eat might actually effect our health. I think there has been a real change over the past ten years and Dr.Oz really helps get the message out on an international, easy to understand level.

As for what you are talking about walkonby, for sure fructose can contribute to bloating. For me, I really notice it if I eat white bread/buns. They seem to set off a bloating problem that is then effected by fruit and such. Then I have to stop eating all things with fructose - kinda like a reset. There is a similar action for people who are gluten sensitive; they can have some gluten, but when it overloads, they have to stop all gluten for a while then gradually some can be tolerated again (not celiac, just gluten sensitive people).

I hope people don't hate on Dr. Oz without ever watching the show. He really does have some good advice and imo genuinely cares about people's health. Having at-home options for healing is helpful for us, but very helpful for those in the US that don't have free health care.
    Oh yes! The whole gluten trigger! For me it is exactly like that I mean.
    I look at it this way, if Dr. Oz runs a few suggestions by me that can help aid my digestive issues and maybe help me with cravings and/or weight loss I am willing to consider them.
    Only if I can try it without putting myself in danger ( small food changes ) and if it does not mean blowing my food budget
    ( like paying for bottled asparagus water!! omg, I laughed so hard at that in the news ) to smithereens, then maybe.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I find him so creepy, I ca't watch him, Dr. Phil does that to me too.
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh yes! The whole gluten trigger! For me it is exactly like that I mean.
    I look at it this way, if Dr. Oz runs a few suggestions by me that can help aid my digestive issues and maybe help me with cravings and/or weight loss I am willing to consider them.
    Only if I can try it without putting myself in danger ( small food changes ) and if it does not mean blowing my food budget
    ( like paying for bottled asparagus water!! omg, I laughed so hard at that in the news ) to smithereens, then maybe.
    Like everything else, Walks, I take his advice in small doses, evaluate them, and either dismiss them or decide whether or not to incorporate them into my routines for a while for further evaluation as long as it's not something that's going to upset my system or support some other pharmaceutical company, even if it is 'holistic' or 'natural'. I try to eat organically grown foods when the prices don't require a down-payment, avoid most processed foods...this is all while I'm in my "being good" stage. Other days (or weeks...gulp!) I'm on the "who cares?" diet, but then I begin to feel problems creeping up with that attitude so I know it's time for a re-adjustment. But I try to be good. Is that so bad?
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I find him so creepy, I ca't watch him, Dr. Phil does that to me too.

, I do know what you mean tg. My eyes roll back in my head when he does those ridiculous " simulations " with oversized props and he talks to the grown women participating like they are 3 years old! that is what I dislike about the show more than anything.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Thread Information