User Tag List

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Chantal sorry to hear about the mice they are huge pests, great idea about the beds something people will use everyday unlike some gifts @Lynn49 - years old and out of the lego phases (oh my word) that's young, are there any tv series that he loves perhaps getting him a season or 2 etc and I can't wait for the Christmas vibes in the stores
    Angela273 and Chantel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Chantal sorry to hear about the mice they are huge pests, great idea about the beds something people will use everyday unlike some gifts @Lynn49 - years old and out of the lego phases (oh my word) that's young, are there any tv series that he loves perhaps getting him a season or 2 etc and I can't wait for the Christmas vibes in the stores
    J&C, he's now into anything Skylanders, Avengers...he has that..I can't remember what it's called, but it's hooked up to the tv in their rec-room and there's a stand that he puts different figures on and they have adventures using controllers...I'll have to look it up, hang on...ah..Activision. That's what it is...he and his Dad play that together...he and his Mom (our DD) read books, watch movies, talk a lot, lol...so unless there are new characters for his Activision, I have no idea what to get him. I hope his parents can help, but I'm pretty sure they're having as difficult a time... I'm sure when asked, he'll have ideas for Santa!

Ugh...I can't WAIT for those halloween decorations and crap to leave the Dollarama stores so that more Christmas stuff can be put up! I really need those glittery mirror sticker thingies!

Ooooo...I just found this...how cute!
    http://www.amazon.com/WOWindow-Poste...+window+clings

This is similar to what I had on our diningroom mirror, but they were coloured...so cute...
    http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Orna...+window+clings
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is almost the exact one I had on the mirror near our front entrance last year...a very old fashioned Santa...

http://www.amazon.com/Wreath-Stockin...+window+clings

...tried to paste the pic but it was huge!

The thing is, of course, is that they're only around $1 at Dollarama!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:54 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A few more stocking stuffers purchased. Need to organize. Figure out what is what. Need to get serious about gifts now. Heading to toronto after thanksgiving as dh has a conference. ( dh also was called for jury duty for oct 5th so hopefully doesn't get picked) usually conference is middle of nov so a bit bummed it is so early this year. Hanging out at Eton centre for me and someone else paying for hotel and transportation etc!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I just sent out a gift wish list for my girls to some family. I am hoping they don't feel it presumptuous. My mom was asking for ideas so sent it to a few other family members. I always like to know what people would appreciate and it is early enough to still find deals! I bought all my nieces and nephews toys this year (a toy snow shovel and book). Last year there were no toys on Christmas morning from that side of the family and my two were disappointed. While I appreciate clothes...balance is good.
    saundyl and jasperandchar like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Name:  glitter-glass-ornament1.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  48.5 KB

I made the pledge and glitter ornaments like these from Pinterest (not my pics). They actually turned out as they did in the tutorial, I used Dollarama glitter.

I think bleach will remove the paint on ornaments so I'm going to see if my old cheapie gold balls from Liquidation World come out clear glass after being rubbed with bleach. Will report back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Update, they did not work as I had hoped. An ACTUAL vintage ornament that touched bleach water had all its' paint come off in a matter of seconds. These new ornaments took a ton of elbow grease and a steel wool pad. Probably not worth the time for most people, but if you have old ornaments that the paint is coming off already, they would probably give you better success than just cheap new ornaments.
    Lynn49 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

73 days my friends I have cheesecake bars in the oven baking. Gotta get a jump on my food list and prepare everything ahead of time that I can. I have close to 20 baked goods that I'll be making, plus my appetizers. What are you all making?

If anyone is interested, Walmart still has a bit of their last year's stock for Christmas stuff on for a discounted price online. Airblowns around $15, tree toppers and ornaments under $5, Christmas music and dvds around $5, trees that were $230 regular down to $50, a couple nativity sets down to $8...

Definitely not the absolute rock-bottom prices you might see in late January, but if you need something for THIS Christmas, it's probably the best price you'll get aside from buying used.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Baked two GF pumpkin pies this weekend. Putting one in the freezer for Christmas. 😊
    Chantel and jasperandchar like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought a gift for the oldest. Went to SDM to participate in the spend $75 get pts card.
    Found an awesome alarm clock that has blue tooth and will work with his phone. Its lights up and is all fancy. Reg $79.99 on sale for $49.99. Just happy to have something finally for him. So hard to gather little things for him.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well.. I got one Christmas present done for my parents. Someone was selling a king size Simmons Beautyrest memory foam mattress that they JUST paid over $1600 for because they have to move asap and can only take the bare minimum. It's brand new, had the bag and everything. For 60 freaking dollars. SIXTY. I normally wouldn't buy a "used" mattress or one from anybody but a reseller of stock buyouts, but because of the circumstances I went for it.

So mom and I went and picked that up tonight and it's set up in their room already, I made the bed for them and everything I was expecting to drop at least $400 on a decent mattress at a closeout place here in town. Now I have way more money to buy way more presents for them to ACTUALLY open on Christmas (because face it, you can't wrap or hide a mattress... lol ).
    Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Oct 15th, 2015 at 05:26 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Double post Whoops.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Well.. I got one Christmas present done for my parents. Someone was selling a king size Simmons Beautyrest memory foam mattress that they JUST paid over $1600 for because they have to move asap and can only take the bare minimum. It's brand new, had the bag and everything. For 60 freaking dollars. SIXTY. I normally wouldn't buy a "used" mattress or one from anybody but a reseller of stock buyouts, but because of the circumstances I went for it.

So mom and I went and picked that up tonight and it's set up in their room already, I made the bed for them and everything I was expecting to drop at least $400 on a decent mattress at a closeout place here in town. Now I have way more money to buy way more presents for them to ACTUALLY open on Christmas (because face it, you can't wrap or hide a mattress... lol ).
    That's absolutely fantastic, happy shopping
    Lynn49 and Chantel like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I picked up each of the boys a $10 gc for McDonalds for their stockings. For my eldest I have a xbox1 remote which will come in handy to skip forward dvds etc.

I'm still hoping to have most of my stocking stuffers done by Halloween.

What types of things do you put in your childrens/teens Christmas stockings? Do you have a set budget for the stockings. Do you accompany the stocking with a small or large gift from Santa?
    Chantel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I picked up each of the boys a $10 gc for McDonalds for their stockings. For my eldest I have a xbox1 remote which will come in handy to skip forward dvds etc.

I'm still hoping to have most of my stocking stuffers done by Halloween.

What types of things do you put in your childrens/teens Christmas stockings? Do you have a set budget for the stockings. Do you accompany the stocking with a small or large gift from Santa?
    Well, who'd have thought?!!
    WE have a Canadian stocking stuffer store!!!
    https://www.thestockingstufferstore.ca

Tequila Scented Hand Sanitzer, anyone?!

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information