User Tag List

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Ordered a bunch of Christmas Yves Rocher stuff online yesterday.I think I will make some basckets gifts with products and hope for good prices or clearance in the stuff I want for Christmas.
    I did the same thing, Cath007!!
    There were some very good prices there, so I put together a bath set of the spicy vanilla, large apple shower gel for me, other stuff and will get a $50 free gift (no idea what that will be), and a purple sherpa blanket free! I'm guessing that'll go to wee Jenny and I for our sofa snuggles.

It's been ages since I've ordered from YvesRocher, but this time the prices were great!
    coupon girl, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I did the same thing, Cath007!!
    There were some very good prices there, so I put together a bath set of the spicy vanilla, large apple shower gel for me, other stuff and will get a $50 free gift (no idea what that will be), and a purple sherpa blanket free! I'm guessing that'll go to wee Jenny and I for our sofa snuggles

It's been ages since I've ordered from YvesRocher, but this time the prices were great!

Me too!!! : I always order the minimal normally to get the free stuff.
    Lynn49 and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought some dvd's today for Christmas gifts. 1 for Grandma and 2 for my teen (stocking stuffers) Totally want to get shopping this weekend! Oh and I bought a box of chocolates for DS's teacher 2 weeks ago. They had a huge display at RCSS for $1.99! So grabbed one and will add a Tim Hortons Gift Card! Will grab the gift card this weekend so I can wrap it and one person off my list!
    Lynn49, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Me too!!! : I always order the minimal normally to get the free stuff.
    Well, this time it was a tich more than minimal, and yes, I used to do that, too, but the offers I was getting didn't seem worth it. Or it's just me? But the prices this time around were quite good for little 'treat' gifts to tuck into others.

On line right now they're giving away a fleece jacket OR a laptop case, or lunch kit just for placing ANY order, and the entire site is 45% off!!

AND if you place a $45 order, you receive a free gift worth $44!

And FREE shipping for orders over $40.
    Now THAT'S a deal!!
    http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/gifts/
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Oct 21st, 2015 at 06:42 PM.
    macw1960, cath007 and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well, this time it was a tich more than minimal, and yes, I used to do that, too, but the offers I was getting didn't seem worth it. Or it's just me? But the prices this time around were quite good for little 'treat' gifts to tuck into others.

On line right now they're giving away a fleece jacket OR a laptop case, or lunch kit just for placing ANY order, and the entire site is 45% off!!

AND if you place a $45 order, you receive a free gift worth $44!

And FREE shipping for orders over $40.
    Now THAT'S a deal!!
    http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/gifts/
    I always order by mail and I had to paid shipping and the offer for the free purple blanket was 45$ and more,the offer are not the same online and by mail,that is pretty unfair.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Can anyone tell me what the 'free gift' wus $45 might be? Like a bath gift set or something? I've never ordered from there before but they have my grandma's favorite scent of body products so I might have to.
    macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the 'free gift' wus $45 might be? Like a bath gift set or something? I've never ordered from there before but they have my grandma's favorite scent of body products so I might have to.
    a free purple sherpa blanket
    macw1960 and Chantel like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Hi, Chantel....the offers I received in the mail always have a small gift that I receive with ANY order amount, even if I only order one bath gel. There's always another free gift, this time worth more, for any order of $45 or more, and shipping is free when you reach that amount, which was never difficult since I always ordered the Hammemelas (sp?) line of shower and body products.

This time, the first freebie with any order amount was 4 free Christmas themed gift bags (others are usually jewellry pieces, product, etc). For my order of $45 and over, the gift is a 40x50" purple sherpa-type blanket. (other offers might be tote bags, etc) For instance, on line now, is a free fleece jacket with ANY order. They don't get my free gift of $50 or the blanket.

And yes, the offers that I receive, since I've been a long-time client, are usually much better than what people who drop in on-line are offered.

I think this is quite fair, since being a long-time customer gives us better opportunities for receiving better gifts: it's like a reward system for being a loyal customer rather than people who just drop in on the site and order.

I've also noticed that the longer I don't order, the better the offers are that come along, although that may be a coincidence. They're a great company, I like their standards of practice and oh, my!! Their sniffy bath gels!

Hope that explains it for you. Have a great day!
    macw1960, Chantel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I got 2 hand crèmes today -upper Canada place items on for 2.49 -poppyette scent nice for xmas in stocking or a basket I am making up for hairdresser
    macw1960, Chantel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I believe the colder weather is getting more people in the Christmas shopping spirit and of course bargains only 63 days until the big day

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Place an AliExpress order yesterday! I couple little stocking stuffers my sister who is a Dr.Who fan and a couple cell phone cases.
    Unique as they are things that you would find in a mall and cheap! I love online shopping, so much easier to do a search than it is to wander from store to store.

I also got my sis a puzzle mat which has been on her wish list for a few years now, found it in the summer at a thrift shop. I think it was $2.99 or so, still in the tube. And thanksgiving weekend I checked out VV in the town I was staying near and found a Dr.Who Tardis metal lunch kit for $4.99
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Are you hosting Christmas or are you invited somewhere this year?

If hosting do you ask your guests to bring something to contribute to the meal?

Do you alternate years between families?

Ham or turkey or something different?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Are you hosting Christmas or are you invited somewhere this year?

If hosting do you ask your guests to bring something to contribute to the meal?

Do you alternate years between families?

Ham or turkey or something different?
    My in-laws and I alternate hosting Christmas dinner. It's my year to host. My folks are generally snowbirds, however, it doesn't seem that they will be heading to Arizona because of health problems BUT after last years fiasco I am being very cautious and not inviting them for fear they will ditch us at the last minute...sigh.

In our family circle the person not hosting normally brings something to the meal ie desserts, etc. or that dish that no one dares make except that person who has perfected that dish. My mil makes the best stuffing so she generally makes it as her contribution when I'm hosting it's a given.

I hate turkey, yes I'm saying it.....I love stuffing but hate Turkey, I'm thinking of doing something completely different this year let's just say not turkey.

It's funny my parents and I had a discussion last weekend when they were visiting about Christmas dinner traditions and how with the "commercialized Christmas"of the present time that turkeys seem to be a tradition vs. ham. We were talking and I said that generations ago people didn't raise turkeys on their farms or atleast not many and certainly most folks could not afford to purchase one and back then stores were far and few ie general stores. So I said to my folks it's too bad people didn't have this discussion with their grand-parents ie parents parents who sadly are no longer here. I bet it was chicken and pork of some sort but not necessarily ham.

Anyone want to chime in on the babbling above about what people ate many years ago (50+) perhaps you have had this discussion in the past an can enlighten us (me).

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

It's October 25.
    So December 25 is only 2 months away
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I put up all the outdoor christmas lights today With minimal help, so I conquered my fear of roof edges.

I was just going to fix the chimney lights (it's red and white striped lights, like a candy cane) but then I got up on the roof and figured why not just do it all. I did the trees in the yard a few days ago, so all there is left to do is string up my star in the carport (the only really non-led part of my display, aside from the white 'stripes' on my chimney-cane) and find a way to plant inflatable Santa on the roof.

I put both my older LED c9s and the new Luminus that my mom bought secondhand a month ago together on the roof line. They look great together. the windows are lined in blue. I'll post some pictures November 1st :D when it's 'socially acceptable' to leave them on. Someone stopped their car to have a look earlier tonight while we were still mucking with them.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information