User Tag List

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My family has decided to draw names for the adults this year. Im already done our two people we drew for adults.

I did get mom a gift as well. Done grandma and granddad. Done three of our neices (one left)and two of our nephews (two left) and the new baby we are waiting to see if we get a neice or nephew in October. We've started on our boys and im done bfs mom.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

DH is on call over Christmas once again. His family wanted us to drive out to Calgary but that won't be happening now. Instead I've decided to host my family for Christmas at our tiny house My mom and her husband want it to be a "no gifts" year since we are all adults, which I'm not loving at the moment. I get that we all have everything we need and we are all adults, but I really enjoy being able to give gifts at Christmas time. What gift giving traditions do you have with your adult families?

For the nieces and nephews on DH's side of the family, we have decided to give money towards an experience instead of individual birthday/Christmas gifts. There are 9 kids to buy for and since we don't see them very often its hard to know what they already have and what they want in a gift. I'm looking at Ice Age on Ice tickets for the one family with younger kids, and a full day of amusement park passes for the other family with older kids.
    Angela273, sweetmomma and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    DH is on call over Christmas once again. His family wanted us to drive out to Calgary but that won't be happening now. Instead I've decided to host my family for Christmas at our tiny house My mom and her husband want it to be a "no gifts" year since we are all adults, which I'm not loving at the moment. I get that we all have everything we need and we are all adults, but I really enjoy being able to give gifts at Christmas time. What gift giving traditions do you have with your adult families?

For the nieces and nephews on DH's side of the family, we have decided to give money towards an experience instead of individual birthday/Christmas gifts. There are 9 kids to buy for and since we don't see them very often its hard to know what they already have and what they want in a gift. I'm looking at Ice Age on Ice tickets for the one family with younger kids, and a full day of amusement park passes for the other family with older kids.
    Love the gift of family fun!
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Funny you mention the shoe, my husband said his sister gave him one sock on his birthday Dec.23, and the other sock for Christmas!! I'm sure he got other things and this was a joke, but that's how he remembers it!!
    @SavvyLady : Did she get the idea from Mr. Bean's Christmas 1992?
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Glad I found this thread! Will be contributing soon!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Only 100 days until Christmas

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Has anyone ever moved just before the holidays? How did you get everything done?

We are in the process, and our closing date is about NOVEMBER 25TH! So usually I have the Christmas lights up in October, and I won't even have hooks installed on my house until next year, so it's crappy gutter clips only this year... I'm a little bummed this year that I won't have them up on our beautiful new house.

But until then, my plans are somewhat on hold. To make stuff easier on myself, I plan to do most of my dough making (snickerdoodles, sugar cookies and ginger molasses cookies) here at the 'old' house and freeze them so they're mostly roll-and-bake just before Christmas.

What else can I do? I could TENTATIVELY pre-light the (fake) tree (my stringing process takes a few hours) since the new house is only a few minutes away from the old, and carefully lay it in the truck to transport there. Good idea?
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

All video games were marked down to $3 at our RCSS (closing dept.) Picked up 2 good games for DS. And bought on Saturday so no tax!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Has anyone ever moved just before the holidays? How did you get everything done?

We are in the process, and our closing date is about NOVEMBER 25TH! So usually I have the Christmas lights up in October, and I won't even have hooks installed on my house until next year, so it's crappy gutter clips only this year... I'm a little bummed this year that I won't have them up on our beautiful new house.

But until then, my plans are somewhat on hold. To make stuff easier on myself, I plan to do most of my dough making (snickerdoodles, sugar cookies and ginger molasses cookies) here at the 'old' house and freeze them so they're mostly roll-and-bake just before Christmas.

What else can I do? I could TENTATIVELY pre-light the (fake) tree (my stringing process takes a few hours) since the new house is only a few minutes away from the old, and carefully lay it in the truck to transport there. Good idea?
    I think pre lighting the tree is a good idea if you're sure it will travel well. I would also have all my shopping and wrapping done before the move. Other than that I would just accept it may be a bit rushed this year. Two years ago I had an unexpected heart surgery on November 27th and wasn't allowed to lift for two weeks, and I couldn't use my right arm for anything except eating basically. I was so thankful I had everything bought and wrapped and most of my baking done, sometimes it pays to be a Christmasoholic!!
    sweetmomma, macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I think pre lighting the tree is a good idea if you're sure it will travel well. I would also have all my shopping and wrapping done before the move. Other than that I would just accept it may be a bit rushed this year. Two years ago I had an unexpected heart surgery on November 27th and wasn't allowed to lift for two weeks, and I couldn't use my right arm for anything except eating basically. I was so thankful I had everything bought and wrapped and most of my baking done, sometimes it pays to be a Christmasoholic!!
    It sure did pay to be a Christmasholic for sure!! For me, I want to enjoy the month of December "doing" Christmas fun not running around panicked trying to find the perfect gift. Also, planning ahead saves money for me, no last minute just grab it to be done with it who cares what it costs deals.

I am anxious to pull my Christmas bin out and start sorting/wrapping but making myself wait till I clean more junk out of the house. I think I will write out my people I buy for and jot any ideas I have (or mark stuff I have for them) so I can see where I stand. Waiting for a good Gift card offer so I can buy some to put away for Christmas for few gifts I like to add gift cards to gift.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I want to have everything done and ready before xmas so I have done all my spending and have an excuse for splashing out on nice, non-Dollarama wrapping paper lol.

I am done about half of my shopping and the boxes are piling up in my closet.

Every year the xmas decorations have moved closer and closer to hockey decorations and this year I am told me need to replace the red and green lights with blue and white (for the Leafs). I tell ya, these hockey decorations have a way of sticking around through the winter, too.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Im about halfway done Christmas shopping now. Pretty happy aboit that because we rarely get anywhere to shop south of the nwt border

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Grabbed the 100 pc pack of "girly" mega blocks for my niece at Walmart for $10. Super cool package to wrap for Christmas!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh and bought a gift pack of books for DS at Costco for $19.99. He is my little reader!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We sent money for the grandchildren for the parents to buy gifts as we only see them once a year. Movie passes and GC for parents so they can have a night out. That's it so far.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information