User Tag List

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy I am not running around Christmas Eve but seriously wanted to all di
    one and wrapped in October! Next year! I know I have to wait till near Christmas for teens gifts sometimes but I want to be done and wrapped early next year!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everything is wrapped!!!, put up Christmas village today. was debating about it, only put up 5 houses and a Christmas tree lot, some accessories and a variety of trees. Just need to add snow! Makes me happy! Since rearranging the living room layout I don't have room for everything. Which is just as well as it takes a long time to put up, two tiers with a train running through a tunnel. Ugh too much work to put up and then to take down. Will finish baking tomorrow. And do indoor wreath. still cleaning to do...why am I such a slob? Why can't I be a neat freak would make my life a lot easier lol. dh is starting to get stressed about Christmas...I don't know why. His sole contribution is to buy and wrap my gifts and a couple of stocking stuffers. I have shopped, wrapped, decorated, baked, organized and cleaned. Big sigh! I offered to sit with my sister in law at hospital on Friday as her husband is having his surgery for stage 3 colon cancer. Long surgery and a week in hospital, so everyone is a bit stressed. Fingers crossed every thing goes well!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Almost finished have a few GC's to buy, few stocking stuffers, groceries for my dinner, cheese, pepperette and crackers for DS class party. Starting to come together.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My mom just called me asking to pick up children's advil and deliver to her house (she has my niece overnight and she is sick) Decided to take a quick look at the smart tvs (tax free day) Found one! Just need the other item I know I'm buying just figuring out best one/price. I have one in mind but just checking around. So happy to have the tv and tucked under my youngests bed. Haha. He never looks under there so his brother gift is safe.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Dec 17th, 2016 at 07:50 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My mom just called me asking to pick up children's advil and deliver to her house (she has my niece overnight and she is sick) Decided to take a quick look at the smart tvs (tax free day) Found one! Just need the other item I know I'm buying just figuring out best one/price. I have one in mind but just checking around. So happy to have the tv and tucked under my youngests bed. Haha. He never looks under there so his brother gift is safe.
    Too funny about the tv under the bed. I don't know which brand you purchased but RCA has a really bad reputation.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well dh finished FIL's gifts, they are wrapped and under the tree.

I told dh that I want my gifts under the tree, they were purchased back Nov. 26th (hey who's counting). Anyways he put 1 gift in a box on the freezer and well I wrapped it. He said why did you do that, I simply said, I go out of my way every year to make buy gifts that people want, make Christmas magical in every way possible ,I wrap everything and I'm quite hurt that I don't even have 1 gift under the tree. I made my point so he told the boys to each wrap a gift tonight, ugg...really???

I have the kids stockings stuff gathered in separate boxes BUT there really is not that much in comparison to previous years.....feeling guilty......BUT the gifts are expensive so I'm hoping to find a few inexpensive fillers BUT don't want to get them things that they will not use or want as that would be wasted money in the end.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh Nancy I feel your pain with gifts and husbands. I have a wonderful marriage and if this is my only complaint I consider myself lucky, but my husband is the all time worst gift giver, after being together for 25 plus years he has absolutely no idea what I like or my tastes. I have to tell him what store where it is and how much it should cost.At that point it is just easier to buy it myself but I agree it hurts the feelings for sure!! A few years ago he came home on Christmas eve and was so excited he had thought of something himself. He was so excited to give it to me, so I knew no matter what it was I would have to act very happy no matter what it was. Anyhoo he bought me the worlds ugliest nightgown,this silky long sparkly number with a matching cover up, I could understand if it was meant to spice up the bedroom life but it didn't even qualify for that, it was absolutely huge as well in the worst shade of poop brown. Needless to say I wore it once on holidays and felt like a cross between ZSA ZSA Gabour and a clown!! Of to value village it went!!
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 8 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Too funny about the tv under the bed. I don't know which brand you purchased but RCA has a really bad reputation.
    Nope it wasn't RCA. I totally researched it (very good reviews and am very happy with my deal
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Oh Nancy I feel your pain with gifts and husbands. I have a wonderful marriage and if this is my only complaint I consider myself lucky, but my husband is the all time worst gift giver, after being together for 25 plus years he has absolutely no idea what I like or my tastes. I have to tell him what store where it is and how much it should cost.At that point it is just easier to buy it myself but I agree it hurts the feelings for sure!! A few years ago he came home on Christmas eve and was so excited he had thought of something himself. He was so excited to give it to me, so I knew no matter what it was I would have to act very happy no matter what it was. Anyhoo he bought me the worlds ugliest nightgown,this silky long sparkly number with a matching cover up, I could understand if it was meant to spice up the bedroom life but it didn't even qualify for that, it was absolutely huge as well in the worst shade of poop brown. Needless to say I wore it once on holidays and felt like a cross between ZSA ZSA Gabour and a clown!! Of to value village it went!!
    I feel your pain. I wore the ugliest sweater for Christmas years ago because it was a gift from my BF (ex) The worst part, he was colour blind so he thought it was a certain colour etc. I was so glad to toss that sweater!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I found the deal on my last gift to purchase (laptop!) My sister went to a store in her city and sent me prices/specs etc. (if I went with that she would go back and buy it for me) But I think my final decision is made and I can buy it myself Just going to check out the reviews and get my honey's opinion and then I will make the purchase. So happy to have found the deal!

Tonight we finish the wrapping for the kids and sort all the other wrapped gifts into bags so they are ready to take etc.
    Now I can enjoy the rest of the week with no stress!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Let me tell you about Christmas and birthdays. He has a favourite variety store (this sounds bad already, doesn't it?), he even walks past other stores to get there, and the store owner is such a buddy to him that he got watching and discussing cricket (!!!) with him lol

So this store sells the most inexplicable cheap cards and lotto tickets. On my birthday I got a card with a picture of a cell phone on it that said "Happy Birthday", and I don't even have a cell phone.

Then he gives me lotto and cash (the store is beside the bank).

I swear I always lose on the lotto, but it gives me hope for a few minutes at least

Anyway he is both helpless and hopeless at shopping, whereas I love it and I am an expert. I love cash and gift cards. To me, it is the gift of shopping, and he knows I love that.

I got 8 adult gifts (sans him) ready for 2 weeks before, so the 10th, and got the last one delivered on the 17th. 5/8 people have opened theirs and I have got some back and opened them so now I certainly don't need any more chocolates (savings) and I am armed with more cash/gc to shop.

He's going to get a tablet on boxing day so there is nothing for him under the "tree" (that we don't have anyway).

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Still working on the house work to be company ready but I am losing my motivation!! Today's project is making the three layers for this cake, will freeze and ice with a ganache Christmas eve, I have had this treat pinned for a while now. Love the look of it. I odn't love the decorated top so am just going to top it with cherries.
    Oh, that looks so yummy!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

^^^^
    I made the Birch Bark chocolate and it turned out really well, cake is made and in the freezer and will assemble Christmas Eve!! I think it is going to be a hit!!
    Natalka, Ciel, safielstar and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well ladies I understand your pain with regards to husbands shopping. He only has to buy for me! A few stocking stuffers and a couple of gifts. Well he always waits until Christmas Eve day to go shopping then wraps everything at 1 am in the morning long after I have put away all the wrapping paper bows ribbons etc. did I mention that he is retired and has all kinds of time to shop? Once he forgot to buy me any stocking stuff. Usually I end up buying stuff and giving it to him to wrap. I have 3 kinds of wrap...nice wrap for gifts, kids wrap, and really cheap wrap for stockings. I alway get the really crappy wrap. Can't he tell the difference? Small world problems but frustrating when you spend all this time shopping and wrapping ahead of time. He is a lovely man but sometime it can be frustrating! Anyways all my baking is done, all presents wrapped, grapes soaking in wine for frozen wine soaked grapes. Christmas family stuff was delivered this morning. A whole pick up full...then they have the nerve to ask if there was presents for her boyfriend...first I heard of a boyfriend geez. Anyways not in my budget. the kids are the focus for me. .each kid got 11 gifts...clothes, toys, books etc and stockings, mom got 3 gifts including winter boots which was also not in my budget, and stocking plus complete Christmas dinner and five other large boxes of food and toiletries, cleaning supplies. So a bit disheartening after all the time effort and expense!
    Anyways enough bit--ing.sorry for the rant. Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and a healthy, wealthy and happy new year!
    Ciel, coupon girl, lecale and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Well ladies I understand your pain with regards to husbands shopping. He only has to buy for me! A few stocking stuffers and a couple of gifts. Well he always waits until Christmas Eve day to go shopping then wraps everything at 1 am in the morning long after I have put away all the wrapping paper bows ribbons etc. did I mention that he is retired and has all kinds of time to shop? Once he forgot to buy me any stocking stuff. Usually I end up buying stuff and giving it to him to wrap. I have 3 kinds of wrap...nice wrap for gifts, kids wrap, and really cheap wrap for stockings. I alway get the really crappy wrap. Can't he tell the difference? Small world problems but frustrating when you spend all this time shopping and wrapping ahead of time. He is a lovely man but sometime it can be frustrating! Anyways all my baking is done, all presents wrapped, grapes soaking in wine for frozen wine soaked grapes. Christmas family stuff was delivered this morning. A whole pick up full...then they have the nerve to ask if there was presents for her boyfriend...first I heard of a boyfriend geez. Anyways not in my budget. the kids are the focus for me. .each kid got 11 gifts...clothes, toys, books etc and stockings, mom got 3 gifts including winter boots which was also not in my budget, and stocking plus complete Christmas dinner and five other large boxes of food and toiletries, cleaning supplies. So a bit disheartening after all the time effort and expense!
    Anyways enough bit--ing.sorry for the rant. Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and a healthy, wealthy and happy new year!
    You may wish to share with the organization about the boyfriend present request only to let organization know that it is too much (some nerve!). You did your absolute best with the budget/gifts. Next time, save some energy and buy nice wrapping supplies for your DH's wrapping station (no touching your stash) and not run around so much for others.

Noticed in the Toronto Star that there is a use for gummy bears in a cookie recipe. Thought I'd link the item here for anyone wanting to try the cookies. https://www.thestar.com/life/christm...t-cookies.html

Saw a flourless Black Forest roulade recipe too-could be a treat for New Year's Eve or Day.
    https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...t-roulade.html

Mom provided some fun money so I obtained a book on foods that have good health impacts. We both are keen to improve our own health and the library does not carry the title. Will see if I find anything for joint issues or sinuses (I can hope).
    lecale, walkonby and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information