User Tag List

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Reminder since it's that time of year again, garage sales are a great place to find christmas stuff!
    Over the weekend I got a set of 3 remote control light plugs (plug into the wall, plug the lights into the other end and a remote turns them on and off from inside) and a "Points of light LED light show" for a grand total of $6. Would have retailed $80. It pays off later to look!
    Good tip for décor items and even some things that can be remade or repurposed for Xmas 2017!
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

at marksworkwarehouse about 2 weeks ago I got mens socks on clearance for buy 1 get 1 half off - I got 12 pairs pairs socks and paid 14.59=1.21 a pair awesome deal

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked up a really nice adult colouring book x 2 gift set with the coloured pencils too. Think it was from Chapters (at $ store) I bet it was selling for $30 at Chapters but $store had it for $4. Great add on gift for someone on my list.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You gals are bonkers!! In a GOOD way!!

When I finish sewing this baby quilt for one of DD's couple-friends, I want to sew our Grandson a nice, snuggly sort-of scrappy quilt (or not...sigh) for Christmas, through winter. So I don't want Santas on it or anything like that, he's 9 now, so not to kiddish, maybe a more "lodge" looking one but not in really somber colours....yes, I do have my work cut out for me!!

Good luck to everyone on sleuthing out wonderful treats for your familes!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    You gals are bonkers!! In a GOOD way!!

When I finish sewing this baby quilt for one of DD's couple-friends, I want to sew our Grandson a nice, snuggly sort-of scrappy quilt (or not...sigh) for Christmas, through winter. So I don't want Santas on it or anything like that, he's 9 now, so not to kiddish, maybe a more "lodge" looking one but not in really somber colours....yes, I do have my work cut out for me!!

Good luck to everyone on sleuthing out wonderful treats for your familes!!
    I really do find that it is the little things that add up so I love grabbing them during the year then I can just worry about the big gifts closer to Christmas (kids that don`t know what they want till close to Christmas) I have really done well with my teen this year so far. For the kid that is usually the hardest I found him the easiest this year.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, the good ol' days when my late BFF and I would spend months finding cute 'stuff' for our daughters, even though they were well out of their teens it was fun finding good jewelry, evening bags (which I still buy her each year), and omg....one year she and I happened on underwear (thongs) on sale at Winners for about a $1 or so each and we must have spent an hour finding each other's girls undies....they used to call it "the year of the underwear"! Another year she and I discovered some really lovely pieces of jewerly from Aliexpress...we had so many parcels coming in between us, we thought we'd be charged as importers!! Oh, those were the days.....

She's gone now, but I still find some very special things for our DD a bit later in the year before Christmas, of course a new evening bag, and her big gift.

It was so much fun, though when they were all tots!!
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Transferred $100 into my Christmas account this week. Not much shopping for it but at least the money will be there when needed.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Mentioned in another thread, hoping for a Great Wolf Lodge deal this summer to treat our three kids and one set of Grandparents in December as their gift. We've been twice now. The kids really love it. It is one place they repeatedly talk about. We have not been at Christmas. (Oh and I have already cleared it with mom and dad, and DH and I would be going too!)
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mom really enjoyed my home canning that we gave her as part of her Christmas gift last year so will do again. started first couple of batches of pickled cauliflower. Will do pickled cauliflower, beets, stewed tomatoes, applesauce, peaches, freezer jam and probably other things as well.

for my 9 yr old niece, my sister in law and I decided to take her shopping and out for lunch for her Christmas present this year. One less gift to buy and wrap! Already bought her her annual Christmas ornament and an inexpensive top from children's place so she will have something to open as well.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I didn't do as much after Christmas shopping as I usually do. I had bought 2 huge rolls of wrap on clearance the christmas before at superstore and didn't even get through 1, so I didn't bother getting more, same with bows.
    One thing to watch for this time of year is crayons or pencil crayons when they go down to 25c, Paired with a colouring book or two is a fast and easy gift for any kids on your list.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

bought the baby to -be (coming in nov) a sleeper from j-fresh 7.00 cant go wrong for that price for xmas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought Sdm teen pack for mom from the Christmas family we sponsor. Will take out of box wrap individually and put in stocking. Add a chocolate treat or two and stocking is full of nice things and only $11.99

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

For us with boys: AXE products are on for $2.93 starting tomorrow at RCSS. Tax free on Saturday. $1 coupons and $1.50 peelie coupons. I have a toiletry bag for my oldest that I will fill

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In the Hamilton edition of Forever Young News, p.12 of the Goods shows a chalkboard globe at Walmart (but it's not showing on the website as yet). Could be a back-to-school or Christmas gift idea for the geography loving artist in the family/social network.
    http://www.foreveryoungnews.com/digital-editions/
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Walmart has in the Ontario flyer a three pack of 3M Magic Transparent tape dispensers for $3.47 until Wednesday. Good for many things including wrapping gifts. TAPE!

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information