User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Lise Watier spring sale up to 70% off!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Salady, these skin care products like masks, cleansers, exfoliants take a little bit time and patience and before you know it people start giving you compliments on your skin. So hang in there and don't loose hope!

Very strangely my lip crayon does not have that much glitter, or may be it does have a lot but since i dont mind glitter, i am okay with my crayon. Actually i take glitter as a little exfoliator for my lips. Lol. But i am not very impressed with my lip gloss set and 2 other full sized lip glosses. They are just too transparent for me. Coming from such a high value brand, i expected them to be a punch in the face type of colour but they are too sheer. I am happy that i didn't spend too much money on them.

I havent used my vitamin c mask, its actually a present for my mom but i am very tempted to use it atleast once. Lol. But i am trying hard not to touch it because, as you may know from my posts on SC, i already have a lot of skin care products for me and i use them religiously.

I think i forgot to mention one very interesting thing here. When i ordered my stuff on LW website, they charged me $29 for that mask instead of $9.00. I called them 2,3 days after placing my order and they gave me $30 coupon code to use on their website. They couldn't reimburse me the extra money they took but they gave me an extra $10 in coupon code to cover shipping charges etc.
    So i got everything for $177 AND i got $30 back in coupon. I am going to use it the next time they have their sale.
    Wow, lucky you! Why am I never overcharged on my purchase and get super cool coupons like that!

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with your lip purchases. I stay away from lip glosses simply for the reason that they are too shiny and sticky. I prefer to have some colour on my lip but none of the Lise Watier lippies have wowed me. Again, as I stated before, I'm glad I didn't pay full price for these.

You're probably not missing out too much on the mask. Since it's a gift for your mom, you'll probably see no effect from it after one time use so I say you should just restrain yourself and stick to the masks you're already got.

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Did you try the passion fuchsia? I`m pretty sure thats the one I have and it has tons of glitter on it
    I ordered 1 "passion fuchsia" and 3 "melon twist" lip kiss crayon gloss. I really don't understand why there's so much glitter in this...it's crazy. Kinda like something a pre-teen would wear.

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Ok pretty ladies. I searched on web and on Lise Watier website and looks like both of you got the glittery thing and i bought other stuff. Lol. Mine is hydra kiss crayon lip balm. And it's not as glittery as both of you are talking about.
    Yes, correct, there are two different ones. There is the Lip Kiss crayon gloss that is very very veryyyyyy glittery and then there's the Hydra Kiss colour balm that does not have glitter. I got the Hydra Kiss balm in "coral paradise" shade and quite like it. I wish I had got the pink shade instead but oh well, you live and learn. Although to be honest, the next time this spring sale comes around, I will stay away from the lippies. There are better companies out there whose lippies are way nicer.
    Candini and amira84 like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Went to a party yesterday and decided to wear the Lip Kiss crayon in "melon twist" shade....it didn't last long on my lips. I guess it stayed on for an hour? Terrible!
    Candini likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

The one I got is actually not fuchsia it's ' Rose intense '

It took me forever to get the photo to pick up the glitter away from the actual shine of the gloss.

The color itself is metallic, under a gloss, with glitter thrown in. Definitely screams preteen to me.

The white blotches are shine, the light pink dots are the sparkles/glitter.

Name:  10360456_1648591695369278_7231333618132981679_n.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  32.1 KB
    Last edited by Candini; Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 at 05:45 PM.
    salady and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Even online I couldn`t find a swatch of anyone sampling it haha, shows how attractive it is....
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Very cool! It's like a shimmery hot pink...similar to passion fuchsia. Crazy amount of glitter in it though. I also tried to google swatches for this crayon before purchasing but now I see how they would've been misleading anyway cos the glitter can be a bit hard to see.

Have either of you used the colour wheel yet? I don't even know where to begin with this one and I'm terrified to try contouring. Someone has to teach me!
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I actually bought the wheel for my Mum haha I don`t think she`ll know how to use it ...

There are tons of youtube tutorials on contouring and highlighting
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh my! You ladies! I didn't know both of you are still keeping this thread alive. Lol.

Thanks @Candini for that glittery lip gloss picture. After seeing this, i have to say that i have never used a glittery lippy before so i don't think i can imagine how mad both of you must have been with your lippies. Lol.
    I feel so sorry that my mentioning of this sale made you buy things and that you didn't like most of the stuff. I am not sure if i should tell about LW sale here in the future or not.

and as i have told a lot of times on SC that i almost have a crush on this brand and i don't even know why. Lol. I love my aurora eye shadow palette and my eye liners and some of my lip products.
    @salady there are a lot of videos on youtube on how to use this LW contour kit. Just write "lise watier portfolio tutorial" and you'll have a lot of videos to learn about using this kit.

I have to tell you one more thing. I have only started using make up since September of last year. It's been only 8 months now. I never knew how to contour, how to apply eye shadows, what does a "pigmented eye shadow" mean etc. I started watching a lot of youtube videos and i learn from those videos. Since i have never used a lot of make up let alone high stuff make up, i don't think my advice on make up is the best thing to get from me. Lol

I have thought about asking some questions about make up from candini as she has told on SC that she is a make up artist, but i think it going to be too much for her. I ask a lot of questions. Lol

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Ok, so I have to post this here because it's 3 in the morning and I have no one else to talk to!!!

I used the FÉLINE Velvet Lip Lacquer in Rouge today that I got from the spring sale and can I just say HOLY GRAIL!

Seriously, I was so amazed by how good it looked on me. It went on really nice and velvety and settled into a matte finish but wasn't too drying. I received soooooooo many compliments on it. I wish I had bought more of these instead of those stupid glittery crayon sticks.

Now that I know I like this, I will explore more of the lip lacquer line and buy more shades but don't see the "velvet lip lacquer" line up on their site anymore. Has it been discontinued? I wonder if it's more comparable to the "Baiser Velours" or the "Haute Couleur High Coverage Lip Lacquer" line? Dunno...I will have to play around in the store. They had a shade in nude too during the spring sale but I didn't get it...massively regretting that now! I give it a 4/5 stars only because it does transfer and left lip marks on my cup of tea. So yeah, finally a winner!

Can't wait for the next major sale. Amira, if you don't post about them here, I will send the baddies after you. Name:  whip.gif
Views: 110
Size:  5.9 KB
    amira84 and Arvilish like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I should also mention that I haven't tried the contour wheel, blush and eyeliner yet...that's next on my list. I want to get through my old makeup first before I open these. Dunno why I buy makeup faster than I can use them up but sometimes I just can't help myself...
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@salady i am soooo glad that you liked at least one thing out of so many you bought. I have this exact lip gloss in rouge and in nude too. I like rouge but not the nude one. That nude colour just doesn't look very good on me because of my skin colour.

I was just going to ask how did you like the portfolio and especially the eye liner. I have 2 black Lise Watier eye liners and love them. You can smudge but these eye liners will never smudge. Lol.

Honestly, when i read that both of you didn't like Lise Watier stuff i was very disappointed and embarrassed. I have only started using make up less than 2 yrs ago and i learn everything by watching youtube videos. So i don't have a lot of experience with lots of high end brand make up. But, you know, i developed a Lise Watier brand fever when i started swatching their aurora eye shadow palette at sdm. I love their stuff.

I asked about their sales on their LW facebook page and they said that they held one sale in spring and one sale in fall. So just keep watching! Fall is not very far away. I sooo hope they offer $9.00 sale on their nude summer eye shadow palette. It's selling for $54 everywhere but i am not willing to pay more than $15 for anything LW now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information