• 2 Post By kelly_h
  • 2 Post By Durham Couponer
  • 1 Post By padyofurniture
  • 1 Post By Lynn49

Thread: cooking skill

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My cooking skill is zero. I didn't have successful cooking experience. My mom always encourages me to practice more,but I have no interest in cooking. What's your cooking skill? Are you satisfied with your cooking skill?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SnowFlakey and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I like to try cooking new things, but often get frustrated that I'm the only one in the house who can cook. Yesterday there was no school, my husband and son were home all day. I get home from work, and they're waiting for me to cook dinner. AUGH!

I find new ideas on allrecipes.com, they're my go-to for new things. Good luck!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I like to try cooking new things, but often get frustrated that I'm the only one in the house who can cook. Yesterday there was no school, my husband and son were home all day. I get home from work, and they're waiting for me to cook dinner. AUGH!

I find new ideas on allrecipes.com, they're my go-to for new things. Good luck!
    The meal you cook should be delicious so that your husband and son were waiting for you.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your mother is absolutely right. if you want to cook well, I think the only way is to practise more.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily369 View Post
    Your mother is absolutely right. if you want to cook well, I think the only way is to practise more.
    OK. Although I have no interest in cooking, I'll try my best to practice. Hope my cooking skill will become better.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

When i married, i had no cooking skills either and was never interested in cooking. The fact that hubby and kids survived is truely a miracle! lol But i have to admit i got better as the years went by. I started with tried and true recipes from my mother and mother-in-law and then expanded into friends recipes and then cookbooks, although i dont use cookbooks often. I prefer the tried and true recipes that have already gone through trial and error. We have friends from different nationalities so the recipes vary widely in flavour and texture and ingrédients. Use your family`s and your friends recipes as a base, keep what you like and discard what you dont. Get a notebook or binder and write down only the recipes that you tried and like and will do again. Hope this helps.
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like to cook short recipes , I dont like to cook for long time making only one food item
    I generally learn it from cook book or online recipe shows .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Crock pots are great when you're struggling to cook. There's so many basic recipes out there where you dump it all in the crock and that's it, just wait for the meal to cook overnight or whenever. Serve with a salad or rice. You can duplicate a lot of the recipes in the oven too. If you can chop vegetables and open a can of condensed soup, you're a chef!
    Lynn49 and padyofurniture like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I keep a binder handy that has all the tried and true recipes that I, or my family, has liked. That way if you can't remember what website you visited (deleted history), or it was no longer available, you'd have a record of the recipe.

I'm with Durham Couponer on the crockpot suggestion. It's like that slogan "set it and forget it". My favourite crockpot recipe has 4 ingredients. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/6113617-post97.html
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Like Snowflakey, when we were first married I was inexperienced in the kitchen, but by trial and error I had more successes than failures until I could tackle any recipe and could add a little more of this, not use that, to make them my own.
    Ask family for their tried and true recipes to make a collection, use allrecipes.com, where every recipe is scored by real cooks, read their reviews (like mine, lol) and choose only the best. You won't fail. I have always loved to cook and bake, and as you get better at it, you'll get braver, and will enjoy serving wonderful meals, too.
    Allrecipes.com
    Durham Couponer likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not able for best cooking but have some skills in cooking like egg fry and burger etc

Thread Information