User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Coupon Bloggers leaving out important info!

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

omg they got me with the pepperidge farm fpc - i thought i was going mental because all I kept seeing was the soup promo - it took me awhile of browsing to see they were talking about one of the gifts in the promo!

When I saw the post about sunlight, I got excited, and signed up for my very first Walmart coupon account. When I got to the confirmation section - that is when I read the "wub" details. I was like, omg u have to be kidding me, I'm all stocked up with Sunlight laundry pacs (from that lovely $4 sunlight coupon) so I just exited without ordering.

SC used to be my only "go-to" for freebie, coupon deals - however, during the past while, I've noticed that SC hasn't been too fast with picking up or posting about great coupons to order (since most of those fab ones are limited qty) & freebies
    pippinelkhound and ROMEO like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    omg they got me with the pepperidge farm fpc - i thought i was going mental because all I kept seeing was the soup promo - it took me awhile of browsing to see they were talking about one of the gifts in the promo!

When I saw the post about sunlight, I got excited, and signed up for my very first Walmart coupon account. When I got to the confirmation section - that is when I read the "wub" details. I was like, omg u have to be kidding me, I'm all stocked up with Sunlight laundry pacs (from that lovely $4 sunlight coupon) so I just exited without ordering.

SC used to be my only "go-to" for freebie, coupon deals - however, during the past while, I've noticed that SC hasn't been too fast with picking up or posting about great coupons to order (since most of those fab ones are limited qty) & freebies
    For example? I barely have anything coming in my own mailbox these days so what are we missing? We are not going to blog something of which only 100 is available so that it disappears while being posted and 20 frustrated people comment that it is gone. That doesn't make sense.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

oh i can't remember which ones Anne... if you want, go to the other blog or their fb page and compare the timings they were posted. All I'm saying is, before SC was the first to promote these deals, but now I find out about them elsewhere first and no, I am not talking about the ones which only have 100 coupons available.
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

We all know that some of it is for clicks. But considering that "clicks" is how they pay their hosting and other costs, can't say I blame them for it. I just take what I need and ignore what I don't. It's not different from off-topic posts on on any other forum or page.
    ROMEO and MillieH like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jandbby View Post
    We all know that some of it is for clicks. But considering that "clicks" is how they pay their hosting and other costs, can't say I blame them for it. I just take what I need and ignore what I don't. It's not different from off-topic posts on on any other forum or page.
    You can lose clicks by doing it too though when people get frustrated like evident here
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

oh i can't remember which ones Anne... if you want, go to the other blog or their fb page and compare the timings they were posted. All I'm saying is, before SC was the first to promote these deals, but now I find out about them elsewhere first and no, I am not talking about the ones which only have 100 coupons available.
    Some of it is because certain companies have asked SC not to share their info, or Boo has decided for various reasons that we should not blog them
    Other than that, they don't post to FB/twitter from the blog instantly, so unless you are looking at the blog, it may seem like they are posted up to 45 mins later
    Or for certain blog posts, they require someone to approve them so they sit hidden until Boo or someone hits publish
    annedougherty and angel_2011 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I hope you are not offended, I was legitimately asking for an example because as Pix said, if it is through Facebook then no, you probably won't see it from SC first, and if it is a widespread FPC, or giveaway but we have not blogged it at all, there is a reason behind it. That is why I was asking for an example.
    angel_2011 likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They should be earning the clicks with useful information. Not misleading posts. Yes they have to pay their bills but if they can't do it honestly they need to rethink their strategy because people will be annoyed and then they'll have no more clicks at all

Quote Originally Posted by jandbby View Post
    DianneS likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's understandable. It's like when some people date, they don't tell the other person their genetic shortcomings, e.g. bow-legged. Their explanation is the legs became that way because they played soccer too much. It's only after they get married and the baby is born, that the other person realizes it has all been a lie, because the baby is bow-legged as well.
    MillieH likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

It is so frustrating!! I actually stopped even clicking on them cause I'm expecting the same BS everytime. Not sure why I'm even following them...hmmmmm..might have to clean up my FB

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I won't name names but there is a certain page that always posts "HURRY GO! GO! GO! Healthy Essentials Sampler Packs!". They make it sound like you have to order one right away before they are gone, when of course it is really you just have to accumulate enough points to redeem for a sampler pack which is a service that the HE website has been offering for over a year now.

They realize they are misleading people and are solely interested in driving traffic to their sites so they can make money off their ads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information