User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

just picked a box up from Metro and got the same coupons glad they had the coupons wrapped

Thanks for letting us know
    Last edited by cmontario; Sat, Oct 22nd, 2011 at 09:40 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ah!!! So frustrated, I just got back from Metro. I bought 4 boxes of these and picked up the 2 dollar off coupons, that were right in front of them. Then I get to the cash register and the cashier tells me it is a mail in rebate - the front says mail in rebate, the back say something along the lines of "to the retailer - you will be reimbursed for the value of this coupon. So I am arguing (so embarrassing), trying to point out that the back said retailer will be reimbursed. But she tells me that she was reprimanded yesterday for taking this coupon. So I give up, baby was getting frustrated and I wanted to crawl under a rock.

So please if anyone can tell me if it is a mail in rebate? Or was I right? If I was right what can I do now? Are my 8 dollars lost forever???? Help!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

very nice coupons

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

thanks for posting heading metro 2morrow....its a non stop shop this weekend!!!!...nf,sdm,metro cant miss great deals

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Most boxes are labelled with "over $5.50 in coupons". I have found them at metro. They were around about 7 or 8 months ago but awesome that they are back. Most boxes should be marked though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amanda4 View Post
    Most boxes are labelled with "over $5.50 in coupons". I have found them at metro. They were around about 7 or 8 months ago but awesome that they are back. Most boxes should be marked though.
    I double checked my box and it wasen't labeled. ?? not sure ?
    Just launched my new website, come take a look (headbands for all ages, and more to come)
    Www.5angels.ca

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jubsies

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecochick View Post
    Ah!!! So frustrated, I just got back from Metro. I bought 4 boxes of these and picked up the 2 dollar off coupons, that were right in front of them. Then I get to the cash register and the cashier tells me it is a mail in rebate - the front says mail in rebate, the back say something along the lines of "to the retailer - you will be reimbursed for the value of this coupon. So I am arguing (so embarrassing), trying to point out that the back said retailer will be reimbursed. But she tells me that she was reprimanded yesterday for taking this coupon. So I give up, baby was getting frustrated and I wanted to crawl under a rock.

So please if anyone can tell me if it is a mail in rebate? Or was I right? If I was right what can I do now? Are my 8 dollars lost forever???? Help!
    NO you were RIGHT.. the cashier was wrong. IT says $2 rabate BUT it's not a MIR.. an MIR would have the place for you to fill out and the explination on how you get your money back and what you should send with the product. ... THE ($2 REBATE) is a coupon.. IT says to the MANUFACTURER that they will be reimbursed the full amount... ?? not sure why you had soo much problem.. I didn't ... I guess you can always try and send the same info you said on the site and HOPE they send you something... or TRY calling them if you will get reimbursed??
    Just launched my new website, come take a look (headbands for all ages, and more to come)
    Www.5angels.ca

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jubsies

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

we found those coupons inside the buffalo nuggets, between me and my mother we bought about 10 boxes, which were a variety of flavors of wings, nuggets, and chicken strips. the buffalo nuggets were the only ones that had the coupons inside

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

My metro had 2 different kinds of "$2 Rebate" coupons by the Olymel products. We read the back, no customer mailing. "To the retailer, please mail to blah blah blah" if they give you a problem return the products and go to another metro. Or, PM at wal-mart, haha. That seems to be my normal anti-coupon solution, and I usually always make a point of telling them I will take my business to wal-mart

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jubsies View Post
    I double checked my box and it wasen't labeled. ?? not sure ?

neither was my box but the coupons were there

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    My metro had 2 different kinds of "$2 Rebate" coupons by the Olymel products. We read the back, no customer mailing. "To the retailer, please mail to blah blah blah" if they give you a problem return the products and go to another metro. Or, PM at wal-mart, haha. That seems to be my normal anti-coupon solution, and I usually always make a point of telling them I will take my business to wal-mart

the cashier at my Metro also said it was a mail in rebate but I showed her about the retailer part, she asked the manager and said that they (Metro) send it in.
    Last edited by cmontario; Sun, Oct 23rd, 2011 at 06:26 AM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

We took a double take when we found them, and read everything on the back before using it. The cashier read everything and didn't give us a problem. I noticed a lot of stores now if they are updating their employee's on coupons and what not, the main things they check is if it's the right product, ensuring the retailer mailing address is Canadian, and checking the expiry date. Though for some reason some stores don't like Quebec mailing addresses? Has anyone else had this problem?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I am going to go back to the store today with my receipt and my coupons. I never thought about returning them - so I already removed them from the boxes (takes up less space in the freezer). Thanks again

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

That's odd - I did the same thing today @ Metro - on sale from 10.99 to 5.99 plus a $2.00 off coupon right on the freezer door and I picked up two boxes of the chunky chicken (geez I hope there's coupons inside - gotta check that now!) and I got them both for 3.99! That stinks - I would have called the CSM over - just doesn't seem right. But I understand with have a little one there.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Just checked - no coupons in the chunky chicken ones... Oh well...not gonna complain - got them at a great price! LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information