User Tag List

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Super lazy start to the long weekend. Left overs for one kid and spaghetti with butter for the rest of us. Sometimes simple and cheap is the way to go.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Got my teeth cleaned this morning. I usually go every 6 months but with the pain issues I had last fall I skipped. I was really dreading it because the hygienist I had is rough...always had a sore mouth. This time I requested the other girl and I couldn`t believe the difference. I was in the chair almost an hour and no sore mouth.

I also picked up my yarn order from Spinrite so today was definitely not frugal. Think I need to put away my credit card for the rest of the month.

I like the week long flyers...usually get into town once a week. I`ve noticed that some are back to starting on Thursday instead of Friday.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We had soup (homemade) and breaded pork loin wrapped around cheese and ham.

Sold 4 of the Xbox games that came with the xbox...one more advertised.it brought the cost out of pocket to 140 rather than 200. The boys were surprised and pleased.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Our son just left - he was here for supper and a visit. Said he hadn't gotten groceries so I filled him a few bags with leftovers, some food, baking, and sweets.

He'll be working on our van again Saturday - to try figure out why it's getting such poor gas mileage. Hopefully it won't end up costing a lot for parts - of course the frugal part is that labour is free, plus the boss is kind and lets him do the work at the shop.

So I'm just unwinding a bit before heading to bed.
    It's so weird to have everyone celebrating Easter this weekend, when we have to wait another week!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Sorry for being MIA, everything is good I promise I am just trying to adjust back to "normal" non travelling life only to be told my travels are not over. I have to go back to the branch I came home early from, I will find out this week when I will be going back.

So much to catch up on so I am going to say right now I am sorry for my multiple posts but I think it is the easiest way to do it.
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Have major cleaning to do before I go awol for a few days (my kitchen is a disaster).

Paying the price for dancing last night (oh how I miss the days I used to go clubbing!) - why oh why did I let myself get dragged up to dance? And to a Miley Cyrus song no less! My only consolation is that there was someone older than me channeling his inner 15 yr old girl.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend (and happy 50% chocolate day on Monday!).

Name:  P1080389.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  50.5 KB

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@Andit Soooooo cute My daughter just loved it. Now she's trying to find her bunny ears to stick on our cats lol. Not sure they'd be as cooperative lol.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Getting a new roof, yes it is a huge expense here is what I have learned.

Ice & Water a must if you do not have it your warranty will be void with most shingle manufactures as that is what will prevent leaking. Many installers will tell you, you can go without or it is an added cost you do not need main thing to remember your warranty is not with them it is with the shingle manufacture. Which also leads into why you need to use a reputable company.

As mentioned these roofing companies that come in with 20+ guys and do your whole roof in hours well the stories I could tell but won't. Most of these company are foreign workers and well kind of fly by the seat of their pants. They do not want to be tracked everything they do is in cash which will make, making a warranty claim next to impossible for a few reasons. The first one being that company probably will not be around in a year, yes the owners and workers will but most of these companies are not legal, do not have registered business names. With there suppliers they change name every year same company different names and will put the company in a different person's name every year (do not know if it is true but I have heard they will even us their kids name, since they are not a legal business working in cash no one does credit checks and if they did they wouldn't get anywhere because it is not a registered business). Also since they do everything in cash you cannot track the purchase if a warranty claim is needed. No company will honour warranty without proof of purchase.

As for metal roofs look at exactly what they are offering you. There are many forms of metal roofing the most popular with home owners are metal shingles because they have the most appeal visually. There are cheaper types of roofing that can be used most popular being what is referred to as Barn Metal it is corrugated sheets which are much cheaper as they are rolled form, cut to length which leads to cheaper install costs. If going with Shingles the metal Shingle you choose is super important as they are more labour intensive and some shingles (even the most popular ones) are not easy to install which sends your labour costs through the roof (sorry for that, but it is true). The most popular metal shingle in Ontario is actually the hardest to install, most expensive but easiest to get as you do not need to go through a distributor, almost anyone/everyone can set an account up with the supplier.

The biggest thing to look at is what is best for you. Shingles will never last 25 years, that is just fact, Yes metal is more expensive but most of us will never replace that roof again. It will also increase your resale value, more and more people look for metal roofs when buying homes or factor in the cost to put one on when purchasing especially if they previously had a metal roof.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Andit! Love the picture and thanks for the giggle. Happy Easter weekend all!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Banking Fees

Quite funny timing on this as I had to call RBC regarding mine and needless to say a switch will not be happening anytime soon. I did have my fees waived with RBC as I had 3 services with them but they moved my investments to a different division within RBC which apparently no longer qualifies for me the waived fees. So I called to find out what could be done apparently nothing unless I want to set up another investment with RBC but keep it within the branch and not moved to the other division. So I decided to ask do you have a minimum balance requirement and the answer was no, so I asked (what do I have to lose) if I had $10,000 in my account (nice round number in my head) what could be done for me, the answer is unless you open another investment with us nothing. She also told me come June RBC has changed there rules and you must put at least $50 per month on your credit card and deposit at least $50 per month in your investment, which I get except that I already have multiple investments with them just in a different division so they don't count. I was like flip a person could go broke keeping up with your minimums.

Funny thing is I also deal with Scotiabank and do have my fees waived there, so needless to say for the time being my business will be staying with Scotia.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Apr 3rd, 2015 at 08:19 AM. Reason: I think faster than I type

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Grocery Flyers:

3 day sales annoy me, one living in the boonies I usually travel 30 minutes to do my shopping and I cannot always get out during the sale especially if I am working that weekend. Or our stores in the boonies do not get the stock in time, gotta love a Fri, Sat Sun sale and they won't be getting stock until Monday, seems a little too fishy to me. Or if I have to work they are out of stock by the time I get off work as we seem to get such limited quantities here in the boonies.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am volunteering at an Egg hunt today. Bodyguarding our town mascot. Will be visiting with friends this afternoon. Very happy it is a long weekend.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just put $8000 down on my student loan!!!!!! It's still enormous, but I took a good chunk out of it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all happy easter weekend to you all
    -gonna go at the yard again -deck and cleaning as its garbage day
    -miss talking to my daughter- well we will see them next weekend-we will go to Toronto
    -gonna have turkey at my son's on monday (as he works all weekend) i will provide the turkey/dessert -I got it for 10.00 in dec at walmart(I would have don it at my house but I have no gate and this way "ashlyn"can sleep in her own bed )

-andit love the picture of your family

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We put the corrugated metal on our roof years ago. Don`t expect to have to do the roof again in our lifetime.
    Might not be something you want in the city but here in the boonies you see a lot of them.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information