User Tag List

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im so jealous of your re use it place.. awesome finds!!!!

Avon, really praying your dh is well and soon.

well off today again.. last event of the weekend.. im tired..
    dh did the 'sweep' again with the family... so the house is pretty clean... yay.

we had snow today to welcome easter.. no easter egg hunts i guess.
    my kids got a scratch ticket, shirt and an easter bunny..
    we actually talked last night (date/anniversary night out) that we may be considering 'moving on' within the next year.. hard to believe. after nearly 20 years here. i don't think i'll ever be ready..

I'm wishing everyone a lovely easter day. enjoy your families as you can.. so shall I.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@MrsSunshine do you mean that you and dh would be moving to another house or location. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter as well, did you resolve your tablet and pc issues?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy Easter all.

Sold the pc for the $200 asking price. And the last xbox game for 10. Out of pocket cost for my replacement phone will now be 80 and the xbox is 130. I have a lady supposedly coming for a bag of clothing wed.she was a no show Friday but I'm giving leeway because of the holiday.

My mom and sister made it for a week visit. So glad to see them.

Gave mom 2 tea mugs with tea balls for mothers day early...will mail a card after Easter so it's there on time .

Granger beautiful cards!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well I just dropped my 15 year old DD off at the airport-she is flying alone to Vancouver for the weekend to visit her cousin( on Aeroplan miles). When we got to the airport her flight had been cancelled since we left home so they just put her on the one an hr later. DH headed out to Banff with our company as I felt one of us should be here in case of any problems with the flight-so quiet afternoon here-will chill and catch up on a couple of things. Happy Easter all.
    It's hard watching them go o thierown!
    [QUOTE=avoncallingu;6360013]
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Morning all,

Logan is off to an exciting day he is 1 of 20 were selected from grades 6 through 8 from his school to attend WE DAY

Fantastic!!!! I used to teach gifted kids and each year we would have a conference to which we invited various speakers. When Craig Keilberger was 12, he came to talk to the kids about eliminating child slavery in the world. And look what he's accomplished - now with his brother! He and his brother are a major force in making students feel that they really CAN change the world!

Your son will come back PUMPED, I bet!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @MrsSunshine do you mean that you and dh would be moving to another house or location. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter as well, did you resolve your tablet and pc issues?
    So exciting. My sister did it the last 2 year's (we day) and loved it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night was a long night for everyone in our household. We lost track of the number of times that LO threw up, but he seems to be feeling better today. He isn't acting and feeling like himself yet, but I will take the improvement. LO has thrown up twice since 3am, which is when things slowed down. Dh had a stomach bug last week for 3 days. I'm hoping that I don't get this stomach bug, particularly since I am pregnant with the twins. Good thing we didn't have Easter plans, although there are things I wanted to get done before we leave to Saskatoon on Thursday night.

I have my 20.5wk ultrasound on Friday morning and an OBGYN appointment in the afternoon. We want to find out the sex of the babies.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, sure hope he's all better!

Wow, how exciting to find out! Did you do the same with your first?
    We didn't want to know - there are so few surprizes as it is.

Supper is done, just waiting for our son to get here.

Hope you all have a nice evening!

Oh, for those of you who watch 19 kids and counting - just watched the wedding episode, it was lovely! Went through a few tissues!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

HI Nancy.. yes. a new location.
    for some reason my computer is behaving.
    my tablet is toast.

easter was lovely this year.

enjoying a quiet night now and looking forward to bed. another long week ahead of me.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl great job on all fronts, enjoy your visit
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello everyone! Happy Easter! Or happy days off from work! Or happy chance to get together with relatives!

I was able to make some significant dents in the income tax today. I feel good about that.

Going to watch some of our favourite TV programs. Chat later!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Angela, sure hope he's all better!

Wow, how exciting to find out! Did you do the same with your first?
    We didn't want to know - there are so few surprizes as it is.

Supper is done, just waiting for our son to get here.

Hope you all have a nice evening!

Oh, for those of you who watch 19 kids and counting - just watched the wedding episode, it was lovely! Went through a few tissues!
    Yes, we found out with our son too. I have baby boy clothes, but I also have an offer from an acquaintance to give me baby girl clothes if we need them. Planning is easier when we know what sex the babies are. Then we know how many names we need for each sex and also whether or not to take her up on the offer of baby girl clothes. I know that we will be busy no matter what, so it makes me feel more prepared to get done what we can. i.e. clothes washed and sorted, etc.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-angela I knew ahead of time what sex very early on( I had an amnioscentisis) -as I had miscarried my first pregnancy
    - it was great knowing bought a few girl items -had a crib ,buggy and bassinet given to us
    and knew with my son also -it was still a surprise to see what they looked like

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We knew too for both boys, I liked being prepared like you said with all the clothes washed and ready. The big surprised with the oldest was his full head of red hair. I never expected that which is funny since my mom and brother and myself are all red heads.
    We had dinner at my parents with my brother and his family. My dad and I celebrate our birthdays either side of Easter so we always do a combined celebration. Now back to the grind.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My SIL welcomed her second child a baby boy yesterday. Jadwen. I think it was a hard labour. They knew it was a boy.

We are waiting to meet baby before finding out. It is a motivator for me during labour. It is always a surprise it just depends on when you want the surprise. All our baby items are gender neutral including clothing for the first 3-6months.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!!! Happy to report that the tiles are done for the entrance and bathroom and looks great! He painted the ceiling in the bathroom and entrance yesterday. And will start painting the walls in the bathroom this week Tonight will be leftover turkey etc for dinner then hope to clean up the diningroom etc and move stuff for sale to spare bedroom. Decided I'm going to set up portable tables in there and get posting. Then I just have to shut the door and not see the clutter!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Some of your savvy hair SCs will laugh at this, but just learned how to do my own hair, rather than going to the salon. Saved $75.

The salon asks us to make appointments using their website. They never respond yes or no. I usually have to call and then they try to squeeze you in, at a time convenient to them, not to you.

This is the second time at this salon. At home hair dressers, had bad service too.

So my friend and I looked at YouTube videos and just finished my hair. Turned out really well. And YouTube videos have great suggestions on hair care, good products to use, good locations to get products at a good price.

So the savings will continue for the rest of the year.

Yahoo!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I haven't had a cut in a over 18 mths. My hair is long and all the same length so easy to let grow. But I plan on making an appointment soon for a cut.

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information