User Tag List

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Happy Easter Natalka. it is pretty hard to overshare with us!

Sweet sparrow I enjoyed reading all your replies!

Thriftygranny thinking of you.

Points of note for today:
    -I get to meet my nephew Sat. soooooooo excited. I've forgotten the hurt now. Been replaced with anticipation.
    -stood up for women's rights today, too long of a story to post, I basically told my principals that I will take whatever grade they want next year, but please assign me my class as if I was teaching it irrespective of the mat leave. It influenced their decision and worked out better for me.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello Folks! I have taken on making a "Remembrance Album" for our minister who is leaving this weekend. It's going to be the death of me! Yesterday, every electronic thing that could go wrong did! I was in a terrible mood. But then, I thought - he's not really leaving until Apr. 23. If it's not totally finished I can keep working on it. If things don't turn around with DH, I won't even be able to GO to the celebration. But bringing up the rear is our very complex income tax. And I've been asked to perform a wedding on May 2 and a graveside service on May 9. I better keep pecking away at things.
    I am so impressed with everyone's frugal milestones are getting met. Good for all of you!
    Our big splurge that perhaps we should have talked each other out of is TICKETS TO SEE THE ROLLING STONES!!! in Detroit in July. Less than $100 each. I've NEVER seen them live. (DH has seen them 3 times - the first time in LONDON, ONT. when they were just starting out.) Even my BABY BROTHER has seen them twice. I figure this just MAY be my last chance. How much longer can Mick wiggle his tush?
    Well, I'm going to work a bit on some things that are calling my name - like the dishes. Have a good evening!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ sweetsparrow The only time I notice the noise from the roof is if we`re having a pounding rain. Even then it`s because the upstairs bedroom is right beside the garage roof. I don`t notice any noise from the house roof.

@ thriftygranny It`s hard waiting so long for an appointment. I hope you get a cancellation soon.

@ Lizzie Great news for your mom.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Thu, Apr 9th, 2015 at 08:53 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yes indeedy Avon, it sure would be nice if the RS's returned to finish their concert some 50+years later...

well another long week. i finish my workshops tomorrow with a very new and improved resume.
    then i see my counselor Thursday to begin one on on training with her.
    hoping for the best outcome.

on top of it all dh has come up with an idea all his own. OI!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu glad to hear you have a little more time to work on the remembrance album and awesome stuff with the Rolling Stones, you'll have a great time and life is too short enjoy the show and the excitement leading up to that moment
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka that seems a little scary for sure

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, the most frugal thing today is that since it's Good Friday it's a strict abstinence/fasting day, so no food until supper - and even then, it will be meager.

I still have to bake one more batch of Paskas this morning - which I'll start right away since my husband just got up.
    Otherwise today is just making sure I have all the foods ready which I need for the Easter basket to take to be blessed tomorrow. I'll bake the ham tomorrow morning - it's just too hard to have it smell so good on a day like today. The blessing isn't til 4:30, so there will be time enough for it to cool down and cut.

Hope you all have a FAB day!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday turned out to be one of those days filled with first world problems. Besides deciding to rearrange my furniture so that the new shelving unit can be put somewhere on display (it *is* pretty) instead of in a dark utilitarian corner, I bought a dress the other day & only when I was trying it on yesterday did I realize an issue - it fits perfectly, but there is an itsy-bitsy tear in the fabric (at this point it's easier to just come up with a fix - transit to return/exchange it will cost $6 and the dress cost less than $7). Think I should just stay home from now on and stop shopping.

On the plus side, my Mom is coming down this afternoon and we are off to see Cavalia tonight. Can't wait!!!

Better go clean the fridge before she comes or I'll get a lecture about how there is nothing but chocolate in there and no treats for the brats.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I may go to the mall today haven't been in awhile
    -i have a coupon from Gymboree spend 20.00 save 10.00-thinking ahead to ashlyn" birthday in oct or even xmas
    -watched "ashlyn"last night while son/wife went to kelseys for supper
    -she now says "ohhhh nooooo"its so cute

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Thank gosh! Want this work day to fly by! My bathroom should be up and running today. Painting was finished yesterday. Now just need the new vanity put in and the toilet lol. So will be buying new had towels for it this weekend

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mrs S-you sound like a new women-you go girl! And I hope your plans, dreams and changes all work out well for your family! And Natalka Happy Easter to you and your family-Andit good luck repairing the dress.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Apr 10th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks Nancy for the info on the sausage on sale! My boys like that so will have to make sure to PM a few from my ipad at RCSS for sure. Really on the hunt to stock up on summer bbq food now.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Super happy mama! Summer stock up is starting off with a bang! Of course they didn't have the sausage at the store when I went today and the entire freezer section looked bare so hopefully they are stocking up tonight. But I did get the Kraft cheese slices that are advertised for $1.38!!! So for .78 cents total I picked up 6 packages (PM and the Buy 2 save $2.50 coupon ::))) Kids love this kind of cheese on bbq'd burgers so we are set for the summer!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy Easter @Natalka and your lovely family, enjoy all the fruits of your labour, your feast will be bountiful and delish great job

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit enjoy your evening with your mom, your brats have such personalities and are quite well dressed in the clothing attire you have, I really still smile when I think of the Easter photo you posted of both of them.

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information