Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nat basket looks lovely -thanks for explaining the egg cheese

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just a note - the basket in my siggy pic is last year's - won't make this year's til late afternoon today.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello ladies! It's been a long while since I've dropped in. I am going to start checking in more regularly it's just so hard catching up on all the daily posts!

Somewhere along the way I have lost my frugal ways...

Right now we are focusing on minimalizing our lives. How is everyone continuing to save money?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh wow I just realized that I'm only logged in on my gmail account and not my smartcanucks account! For those who remember this is "Maddens Momma"

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Welcome back Maddens Momma
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brittany.michelley View Post
    Oh wow I just realized that I'm only logged in on my gmail account and not my smartcanucks account! For those who remember this is "Maddens Momma"
    Welcome to the thread
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu your poor sweet hubby, geez he really deserves a treat with all the poking, meds and everything else

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

geez we have been purging, posting stuff for sale since last night, moved the hutch downstairs for extra storage, moved the old table outside, dh will spray paint the base of the table that will be coming back upstairs to freshen it up. My eating area looks so much bigger, we used to have the large table (that matches the hutch that we got as a wedding gift from parents all upstairs) but then it was too jam packed, we had an enormous kitchen in our old farmhouse but then we moved to a bungalow with an living room/dinning room and it just didn't work. So it's all looking good BUT very tiresome so we are all pooped.

DH still needs to put another 2 tier shelf in Logan's new room so he can display his lego sets (that will be a dusting nightmare for Logan oh well).

Well off to get a few more things done, @Natalka have some of your wonderful creations for me.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Spent a day in the sunshine, but cold wind for the start of spring lacrosse. We packed lunch so it was just a timmies for me, my coffee buying has been decreased so much that I am still using a gift card from Christmas.
    i may pop out to RCSS. My offers were crappy this week, but I did get 200 points for pork so I may pick up the porkloin that's on sale.

Welcome back Maddens momma
    J&C I so hear you on the dusting of Lego. It's such a nightmare. I have considered sticking it in the dishwasher.
    Granger: good for you in standing up for what is right. Thanks for explaining how it works, we see it happen a lot but so far we have oly been impacted a few times by a teacher mat leave, the most recent was for my son in high school. That became a life lesson for the class as the teacher was not due until second semester and then left suddenly before Christmas. They never did find a permanent replacement but the subs were good in his opinion. In fact my younger son has made it all the way to grade 6 and has never had a teacher come or go during the year.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

^^^Wow. We never have problems finding people for the full replacement term. The odd time, because they are less experienced and it is a fast-paced and stressful job, a mat-leave teacher will quit and have to be replaced. 9/10 the class has it great. My job will be desired since it is September-end of the year. They won't have problems filling it and the quitters are more likely to do so if it is mid-year. My second mat-leave my first replacement quit before a month. It was a hard class (Grade 8 too). The second stayed though. That class also made a PERMANENT experienced French teacher quit.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just got home from Toronto at 9.00 .pm my daughter made a lovely homemade pizza for apptizerthen homemade meballs and penne past it was lovely
    -ashlyn was good we didn't get to see her ireland pictures thou as we left a 7.45 to get ashlyn home at a decent hour

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, after a few weeks of spending only on 'needs' I decided to treat myself for finishing my degree and bought $18 worth of chocolate!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today was a no spend day 😆
    I am starting to count them as we just spend too much lately on nothing it seems.

Did laundry this morning and just hung around the house with the kiddos. Hubby had a baseball meeting for coaches. Then we went to my mother in laws for a delicious feast - smoked ribs, rotisserie chicken, baked potatoes, fries, onion rings... And chocolate cake. I have to say I gorged myself and probably put back on the few pounds I lost this week at the gym.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh Britt.. wow welcome back.. long time..
    well... dh treated me today. combined anniversary/birthday gift... i've now entered the new age of techieness.
    I'm the proud owner of a BN Samsung S3.. yay me... it will be so nice to stay up to date on stuff no matter where i am.
    i've been so 'out of the loop' for 4 years...while everyone else has been speeding past..
    then... i get 'treated' again with new license and glasses....

geez i better get a job fast to pay for all this..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    heh Britt.. wow welcome back.. long time..
    well... dh treated me today. combined anniversary/birthday gift... i've now entered the new age of techieness.
    I'm the proud owner of a BN Samsung S3.. yay me... it will be so nice to stay up to date on stuff no matter where i am.
    i've been so 'out of the loop' for 4 years...while everyone else has been speeding past..
    then... i get 'treated' again with new license and glasses....

geez i better get a job fast to pay for all this..
    Happy birthday and anniversary!

I saw you a couple months ago at a clothing swap but you kind of looked at me like who are you when I asked about your son's lol

Like I said I have been somewhat out of the frugality loop but trying to stay on track!

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information