• 8 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 6 Post By macw1960
  • 3 Post By macw1960
  • 4 Post By tocgal
  • 1 Post By sweetie1706

Thread: In This Day & Age

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

why are some people so rude, just plain ungrateful or unthoughtful?

My mother got me started on this one.

Why would you as a granddaughter mail a wedding invite to your grandparents with all the information to check out their website regarding their wedding when you know full well they don't have a computer?

Then there are the people that can't be bothered to RSVP invitations or pick up the telephone to let you know either way whether they are coming or not.

What happened to people saying please and thank for things like holding a door open, a gift or helping them with something?

In this world of so many conveniences now available you think people would have more time and be a little more thoughtful but I guess not. I know I wasn't brought up this way.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People are too caught up in their own little world now and just don't think or care about anyone else.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    People are too caught up in their own little world now and just don't think or care about anyone else.
    It's sad that there are so many people that are so self absorbed in themselves as they can miss out on so much.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

macw1960 you have experienced some of the bad examples. I have to believe there are many more who exhibit proper manners and behave politely and I have my fingers crossed that individuals consistently expressing themselves in a rude way will one day have an " ah ha " moment of their own.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    why are some people so rude, just plain ungrateful or unthoughtful?

My mother got me started on this one.

Why would you as a granddaughter mail a wedding invite to your grandparents with all the information to check out their website regarding their wedding when you know full well they don't have a computer?

Guess grandparents could call and ask for a mailed copy, if not long distance

Then there are the people that can't be bothered to RSVP invitations or pick up the telephone to let you know either way whether they are coming or not.

If people do not RSVP to a party or gathering we are holding, we assume they are not coming. We have place settings for those who have responded. We will give what we can to those who show up, but those who responded get first preference. We also have thank you/good bye gifts as our guests leave. Those who do not RSVP, do not have a gift -- we just did not know they were coming. BTW, those who don't RSVP, don't do it a second time when coming to our shindigs.

What happened to people saying please and thank for things like holding a door open, a gift or helping them with something?

Happens a lot. Two choices - ignore them or say something to them. Don't know if I am able to change their behaviour.

In this world of so many conveniences now available you think people would have more time and be a little more thoughtful but I guess not. I know I wasn't brought up this way.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    macw1960 you have experienced some of the bad examples. I have to believe there are many more who exhibit proper manners and behave politely and I have my fingers crossed that individuals consistently expressing themselves in a rude way will one day have an " ah ha " moment of their own.
    Hopefully it is sooner than later.
    ROMEO, GoJays, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Guess grandparents could call and ask for a mailed copy, if not long distance

Shwa girl...I couldn't get your quote to work but personally I think the grand daughter should be the one to pick up the telephone.

If people do not RSVP to a party or gathering we are holding, we assume they are not coming. We have place settings for those who have responded. We will give what we can to those who show up, but those who responded get first preference. We also have thank you/good bye gifts as our guests leave. Those who do not RSVP, do not have a gift -- we just did not know they were coming. BTW, those who don't RSVP, don't do it a second time when coming to our shindigs.

Like this.
    ROMEO, ticul and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is hoping the Granddaughter did call and speak to the Grandmother, then sent the invite with the hopes someone close could show her the planning etc on a laptop. I know my daughters will frequently call their Grandma to talk and if they have posted pictures they think Grandma would like to see they add a message to her and have someone closer pop round with laptop/phone to show her what they have been up to. Grandma is unable to work the electronics but is thrilled to still be able to see and participate.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

-I held a door open for someone today
    -helped a man find his location with a delivery.
    -Walked a lady and directed her to her location.

Did my good deeds for today.

Sometimes people are just used to being busy...even if their not to care.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tocgal View Post
    Here is hoping the Granddaughter did call and speak to the Grandmother, then sent the invite with the hopes someone close could show her the planning etc on a laptop. I know my daughters will frequently call their Grandma to talk and if they have posted pictures they think Grandma would like to see they add a message to her and have someone closer pop round with laptop/phone to show her what they have been up to. Grandma is unable to work the electronics but is thrilled to still be able to see and participate.
    How nice of your daughters.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie1706 View Post
    -I held a door open for someone today
    -helped a man find his location with a delivery.
    -Walked a lady and directed her to her location.

Did my good deeds for today.

Sometimes people are just used to being busy...even if their not to care.
    Good to know that you were so thoughtful today.

Thread Information