User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: QotD: 16 Apr 2015: How are your cooking skills?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am average -my hubby likes meat and potatoes type guy -I love making my own soup thou and my mom really taught me baked goods
    -now my daughter is the cook in the family -she also took courses at george brown college( cooking classes)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Aug 8th, 2015 at 10:07 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i make meals from whatever I buy on sale, it's not bad .... but not chef worthy.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like to cook but I'm not a five star chef. I would rate myself in the middle. Trying new recipes is fun!
    harbie, danger_dan, ticul and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I generally just chop stuff up, throw it in the crock pot and leave for the day.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Hubby and I are both very good cook and bakers......I sell baking as a hobby
    ....just be happy

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not great on presentation, but am a pretty good cook. Not much of a baker though. I haven't done as much cooking as I used to. Time is a premium I'm afraid. I would experiment a lot more, but hubby is a bit of a meat and potatoes guy sadly. I still force him to eat as healthy as possible though. . . just because I'm mean.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I'm no Michelin or red seal chef but I say I'm a 4.9 on the scale. There's always room for improvement . I feel most comfortable when I'm in the kitchen and I'm always trying to learn new dishes add techniques. Luckily I have the best teacher in my MIL who is the most amazing cook/baker I've ever know. Her talents are limitless and even makes all the wedding cakes for all the kids. Her sugar flowers are simply breathtaking!
    While I'm comfortable with my cooking skills I'm not as confident with my baking although I am constantly improving and trying new things. I'm super happy with the cupcakes I made for the SPCA National Cupcake Day in March. I made the most amazing chocolate cupcakes from scratch and several animal cakepops as toppers.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  128.0 KB
Views: 91
Size:  73.2 KB
Views: 111
Size:  106.7 KB

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I'm no Michelin or red seal chef but I say I'm a 4.9 on the scale. There's always room for improvement . I feel most comfortable when I'm in the kitchen and I'm always trying to learn new dishes add techniques. Luckily I have the best teacher in my MIL who is the most amazing cook/baker I've ever know. Her talents are limitless and even makes all the wedding cakes for all the kids. Her sugar flowers are simply breathtaking!
    While I'm comfortable with my cooking skills I'm not as confident with my baking although I am constantly improving and trying new things. I'm super happy with the cupcakes I made for the SPCA National Cupcake Day in March. I made the most amazing chocolate cupcakes from scratch and several animal cakepops as toppers.
Views: 115
Size:  128.0 KB
Views: 91
Size:  73.2 KB
Views: 111
Size:  106.7 KB
    They look so pretty. Wow
    danger_dan, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm a pretty darn good cook, not afraid to tackle anything except I won't kill a live lobster....{{{{shudder}}}}....my baking is also up there, although I don't have the patience for finickity things...maybe when the kids were young, but now it's breads, pies, cakes...I wish I had the metabolism to eat most of what I'd like to cook and bake, but alas....not so much.
    danger_dan, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information