User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Cleaning out the Freezer!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh and I pulled 2 cookies for DS's lunch from the freezer this morning. I have a choice of Maple cookies (on mark down since they were expiring soon and homemade oatmeal choc chip Gram made) These are the odds and ends I really need to use up!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

FBM, I think the plan to get rid of your largest freezer is smart! Our small one we have had since about 1980,......this size as we were in an apt at that time.

but even with 3 kids we really never wanted to move up to one of those long large ones. I recently bought a fridge style stand up one like this

because I am thinking that small old one will soon die ( maybe ) and if/when it does I did not want to be scrambling around while food was thawing. Plus I look forward to no longer being left with my feet off the floor dangling when leaning in to grab stuff off the bottom of the old one.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:44 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I want an upright one too but my issue is getting it in the basement So I don't want to buy a small one and be disappointed. I'm also scared with all this talk with HYDRO jumping so want to try and reduce usage where I can. What to do!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mine is small like that too! My mom offered me her bigger one a few years ago and it's not that old but I declined. Then a friend offer theirs since they bought a bigger one. Free was nice and it served the purpose the past year but I want it gone now. Will just have to use my space smartly with the freezer on the fridge and store extra at my mom's till I find a deal on upright

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

i usually buy the Ener Guide ( efficient appliances ) and this new freezer says it uses 247 kwh per year? ( as if I know the difference really ) and Hydro will be going up no matter what it seems. The 1980 model?? I think that thing must be sucking the juice out big time, I won't know till I empty and unplug it for good. Space is limited here too, the upright is in the basement but it just snugged in within an inch of its life! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes that's why I want to buy a brand spanking new one so I know it is energy efficient. I only used the small one since it was free and I was tired of going to my mom's to get stuff from the freezer lol.. But it's summer now and I can plan it better And once I get all the little junk out of the freezer in kitchen I will be ok Of course we have a crazy week so I really have to plan our meals and make them ahead so we just have to heat, eat and go. So that is my plan tonight!
    ROMEO, Angela273, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I would love an upright too but with a husband that hunts anything that moves we have a big one in the basement for the wild game and a small one in the garage for the rest of it.
    I pulled out moose burger and made taco meat for tomorrows supper and made Thai chicken cashew salad for supper tonight so used up some chicken breasts a well. I have a long way to go, I still shop like I have four kids at home and we only have one!!
    here is the link to the freezer inventory sheet I use, I find it so helpful!!
    http://www.simplyfrugal.ca/wp-conten...-inventory.pdf
    ROMEO, Angela273, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pulled 1/2 package of bacon from freezer last night for dinner (just my little one and I home)
    Pulled 4 maple cookies this morning for kids lunches

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh is supposed to move the freezer to the garage this week, which is not attached to the house. The freezer is currently in the small spare bedroom, which is becoming LO's bedroom. LO's bedroom is becoming the twins' room.

I just pulled out a whole chicken to roast. Frozen grated zucchini to add to banana chocolate chip muffins. Rhubarb to make apple rhubarb crisp. I'm trying to be ambitious. LO has a cold, so we are somewhat staying home to try and keep everyone healthier.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We have 2 freezers: the 1st one is smaller than large but bigger than medium and is about 42 years old. Hubby says if we move it, it would probably fall apart! lol. The other freezer is bigger than small but smaller than medium and weve had it about 6 years now, figuring that the older freezer would break down.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pulled the last 3 oatmeal choc chip cookies from the freezer for DS's lunch. Can't wait till the weekend so I can pull everything out of the kitchen freezer and really see what I have to use up. Happy I have sent the cookies that were in there all week with the kids in their lunches. I think I will save the water bottles from the weekend and wash them and then make up the frozen juice in the freezer on Monday and send it in the bottles for the oldest for a change. He will have something different and the juice out of the freezer (I bought and got basically free with PC pt offer and figured it was good to have on hand for when teen had friends over) But I'm getting tired of looking at them lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So I was bad I bought stuff (well redeemed points) for the freezer but it was a good deal/sale and well we have to eat. It will save me from getting take out! But I will still work on using up the odds and ends. Pulled cooked turkey meatballs to go with dinner last night. And will be pulling ground pork (and newly bought beef) to make homemade burger patties. Will cook the batch up and eat for dinner tomorrow night with salad and freeze what I don't think will be eaten the next few days. I also have a large tray of homemade mac and cheese to use from freezer so may take that out tonight and cook that up tomorrow night as well as a side and put in DS's lunch the next few days.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

How's the freezer clean out going? I did pull porkchops the other day and we had them on the bbq (and for lunch today!) It is starting to look cleaner. Will pull more this weekend too.
    bobbiegirl2010 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Today I pulled pork cutlets, will bread them and make a parmigiana with them, pulled a half loaf of sour dough bread to go with them for supper.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Found some boneless skinless chicken breast.Browned and covered with barbecue sauce and baked. Also found some frozen broccoli and will make some rice. Supper is done!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information