User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Cleaning out the Freezer!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Found 3 partial bags of hash browns and combined them all in a ziploc to bring to the cabin for tomorrows breakfast. I also found some thinly sliced roast beef in aus jus so I made beef dips for an early supper tonight using some large hot dog buns that were getting stale in the freezer,toasted them under the broiler and melted some havarti on them before loading with the roast beef. Delicious!
    I am making headway, my freezer in the garage and the one above the fridge are looking great...just in time to load with ice cream and popsicles for the summer!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pulled a whole chicken from the freezer for the bbq tonight! And ground turkey to go with the beef for burgers last night.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Adding stuff to the freezer but still trying to use up older stuff. Last night I pulled a few home made burger patties for a late dinner. They were in a large Tupperware container so at least that is out of my freezer now

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

The boys are at the lake so I was able to send smokies, bacon , bread and buns from the freezer to send with them.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

ThriftyGranny sent me here. Yesterday of roast jumped out at me. I think it was telling me time to eat what’s in the freezer, so I pulled streak out for today and chicken for Monday as well as chili for lunch. Also took some bagels and English muffins for breakfast.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today we took a roast out of freezer to make a nice Sunday dinner. Also pulled a bag of green beans (some how we ended up with 5 bags so time to find some new uses) and also a bag of strawberries found a fruit soup I am going to try for my afternoon snack at work.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All! I am seeing improvement in the freezer in the kitchen (bottom of fridge) so really hoping to clean it out more this week! There is a huge tray of homemade mac and cheese that needs to come out. Think I will take it out tonight and defrost so it can be used up this week for when DS is hungry and in his lunch the rest of the week That will free up more room. I went and looked at a stand up freezer on the weekend but thinking I just want to get rid of chest (can store deals in my moms freezer when needed) and just have the freezer/fridge for awhile and see if that helps my Hydro bill DS pulled a meat pie from the freezer yesterday for dinner because apparently he didn't like the bbq'd drumsticks that were in fridge for his dinner. Teens! oh well. So he will be eating the leftover pie all week too

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Banana bread,chili for lunch and a frozen pizza all came out today. I still see no change. But nothing has tried to attack me so that good.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Used up some tortillas and chicken breasts last night. I found some crabapple juice I made last fall and forgot about it!! Should make some apple jelly the cool day we have.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

hey great thread), I pulled 3 hamburger buns from the freezer and 1/2 a package of ground beef from freezer, the boys will be having burgers and dh & I will be having moose chili from freezer served on pasta from pantry.

I'm also trying to stay within a $5 supper so the using up what we have on hand really does help

I am going to thaw a turkey in the next week and then we should be down to 1 upright.

I have many packs of pork loins so we are having them once a week.

Also have 9 packages of chicken drumsticks having those once a week as well.

Still have 5 packages of hot Italian sausages and 2 packages of Octoberfest.

Tons of ground moose and 8 packages of moose steaks.

All in all, I have not thrown anything out from the freezer in well over 3 plus years, I am constantly moving, re-arranging, however, I will admit my upright is broken down by shelves/categories for easy maneuvering (lol)

1. pork
    2. chicken
    3. moose
    4. other (veggies, fruits, bread/buns, pizza, etc)

so my system works!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

It sounds like we are all making headway!!I hear you on the pork loins J&C, I stocked up at less than 2.00 a pound and we love making kabobs and Greek salad with them or just on the rotisserie on the barbecue.I need to tey and use up some smokies this weekend, I hit a sale and had coupons so I went a little nuts!! Today i will use a package of burgers and a pack of buns, I am cooking the burgers this morning and putting in the fridge, all three of us are on different schedules for supper tonight....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are having burgers tonight too (and there will be leftovers for tomorrow for lunch etc) Pulling ground pork and beef from freezer. I will be buying pizza ($2.99 VM) but will hide them from my teen so we can use up other stuff but will be happy knowing I stocked up

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, we were making headway in both our chest freezers. BUT, yesterday i went to Super C who have a special on ground beef and i bought 3 family econo packs plus a bag of those $10 italian sausages for when the gang comes over. So this morning hubby and i divided the ground beef: 16 hamburger patties, 12 large meatballs for meatball brochetts on the BBQ, 36 smaller meatballs for spaghetti or meatballs & gravy. The other package we separaged into 6 freezer bags for spagh sauce or cabbage rolls, or whatever. So back to where we started.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Well, we were making headway in both our chest freezers. BUT, yesterday i went to Super C who have a special on ground beef and i bought 3 family econo packs plus a bag of those $10 italian sausages for when the gang comes over. So this morning hubby and i divided the ground beef: 16 hamburger patties, 12 large meatballs for meatball brochetts on the BBQ, 36 smaller meatballs for spaghetti or meatballs & gravy. The other package we separaged into 6 freezer bags for spagh sauce or cabbage rolls, or whatever. So back to where we started.
    I am the same, I just make headway and then a great sale come along. I think as long as I am rotating the meats and keeping the freezers organized I am doing well!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday I pulled out a small package of 4 homemade meat balls. Which I mixed with leftover gravy and mashed potatoes to make a mock Shepard pie like dish.

Like most of you the moment I start to make room in my freezer something goes on sale and we are full again.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information