• 3 Post By ClipClap
  • 2 Post By amira84
  • 1 Post By ticul
  • 1 Post By coupondiva
  • 2 Post By Shirnette

Thread: Late Target Brag but a must share -Lucky me at Walmart too

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Rewinding to April 7th when I went to a local Target a few days prior to the store closing. I had gone about a week before that(March 27th to be exact) and purchased several items at 50%-70%. I limited my selection to items that I really needed and that were in limited quantities. I ended up spending $81 on party supplies(DH's b'day is in June),2 big latte mugs, a clock ,a nice wall shelving, twin airbed(for camping etc.),storage bins, make up & pharmaceuticals. I popped by the mall on April 6th but painfully couldn't make any stop in Target as I was pressed for time. I noticed a sign stating that it would be closing in 3 days. Got up early on April 7th to take advantage of the sweet 80% discount sale. To give u an idea of the magnitude of my deals, the sub-total on my receipt is $514.77 after the discount & added taxes, my total was $115.89. The two most expensive items I bought were 2 x denim pants(one for my sister)which were originally $34.99 ea. (I paid $7 ea. after the 80% markdown)....believe it or not, I was most happy to get several packages of deco nails & deco hooks seeing that I have a big project to do at home that I'm copying from a décor magazine.
    Fast forwarding to April 10th. I was at home and got a call from a friend who found out online about the $0.50 deal on Sunlight Sensitive 24 pk laundry detergent at Walmart (normally $6.97). I told her to grab me two as I had 3 cpns and she could have the other cpn. Well, she got two for herself(using her coupon)and two for me(but they refused the use of the coupon for the 2nd transaction).She told me that the whole experience getting them was unfair and the cashier kept the additional 8 she had saying it was a mistake and that they to be sent back to head office(we both thought the cashier would buy them for herself). There were none on the sales floor and it was a stock clerk had gone to find them for her. I 'm glad I got 2 and paid only $1.13 vs $13.94 but had I gone with her(I couldn't though at the time ), I know for sure I would have left with more because I'm just more assertive.

My luck continues with Walmart as I found out online about a deal involving Nivea Q10 anti-wrinkle hand cream(100 ml tube). I tend to have dry hands so I was excited to find out that although the product retails for $5.37 ea., one only pays $0.37 ea. pre tax after using the $5 cpn from March's edition of the WM Live Better magazine. I went to the nearby WM last Saturday and after searching everywhere and having no luck finding them, I asked a clerk who I usually have small talks on my visits. She told me that last week the item was delisted so she doesn't think they are stocking them anymore. I thought of which other location to go to try to find them but I called it a day and told myself I would check the price on my next visit to Superstore. Well, this past Monday, I went to the Pharmacy and after dropping off the prescription for DS, something told me to check the section where the clerk had told me they were kept. Bam.... a tray full and you could tell they were recently stocked. I didn't hesitate to take 3 and off I went to the cashier. Of course, the cpn investigation took place. After walking over to the supervisor who ok'd them, the cashier rang them in. I had to ask what was the reason for her to check and she said its their policy if they don't understand something etc. I made her aware they were from the Walmart magazine in case she has other customers.. was just happy to spend < $2 for all 3 tubes vs $16+ tax....didn't t need a sale nor did I have to price match to get this super deal.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Target, Walmart

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

wtg
    wow, what a fight at Walmart
    I guess the cashiers don't want to get in trouble with coupons so they double check with their supervisors
    ticul and Shirnette like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice deals all around

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Yes sometimes we have to stand & wait while Walmart cashiers do their "Coupon Investigation" !!
    coupondiva, ticul and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You had some awesome deals lately! And i agree about walmart, they make me feel as if i am trying to steal their stuff using coupons. Yuck!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow Shirnette, you sure did pretty good at finding some great deals. Nice and thank you for sharing..............
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    ...Of course, the cpn investigation took place.
    Oh dear lord, Shirnette! I nearly choked on my coffee when I read that line! HaHa! So funny & so true! Great deals by the way!

denise
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupondiva View Post
    Oh dear lord, Shirnette! I nearly choked on my coffee when I read that line! HaHa! So funny & so true! Great deals by the way!

denise
    Lol Denise...I get it ( that there is cpn fraud etc) but it can be annoying at times & I may be wrong but it just reflects sooo poorly on a cashier( & ultimately the organization) who has to check a coupon with her
    supervisor that is very straightforward, written in basic English; now if there is an instore policy regarding tne value of a cpn vs the selling price of an item, maybe understandable too..I just have to make sure that when I'm couponning @ WM I'm in no rush, that I have extra time allotted when I'm cashing out.
    Last edited by Shirnette; Fri, Apr 17th, 2015 at 03:25 PM.
    coupondiva and Shwa Girl like this.

Thread Information