User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By maple7

Thread: Difference between SDM email offer printed with a barcode or with a number?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is the difference between a SDM email offer "20X WUS 50$+" "coupon printed with a barcode" and same offer "coupon printed with number"?

If I use "coupon print with number", can I reduce my bill with manufacturer coupons the same way as I already did with "coupon printed with a barcode"?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a little confused with your question because so much has changed this week.

If you are saying your emailed coupon used to have a barcode and now there is a plu number instead, then yes, I would expect your manufacturer coupons (but not free product ones) can be used to bring down your total, the only change being the points will be awarded in 5 days. But really, no one knows for sure what the impact of the change will be until 5 days from now when the first 20x plu coupon points are awarded.

Not sure that answers your question but hope that helps.
    Last edited by maple7; Wed, Apr 22nd, 2015 at 07:04 AM.
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've found that every coupon is different. I've had coupons that did work with manu coupons and others that were rejected because I didn't spend the right amount.
    I've had cashiers and supervisors willing to open up a new till to try for the lesser amount and allow me to either reject the coupon or go back and find something to top up. I shop at night when there is less customers too and try to have a filler list on hand.

Thread Information