User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By liveforpoints

Thread: Challenge to pay it forward during Beauty Week

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am putting out a challenge for those of us savvy with knowledge who know how to collect points when opportunity knocks. We all have women's shelters who are in need of some help. This Saturday they will be handing out bonus 10,000 points on 75.00 of beauty. With 20x points and lets say true blend another 15x points. Imagine the points we could get with that? If we then did a 20.00 off when you spend 75.00 and took those points, maybe get some diapers or whatever your local shelter needs. Imagine all of us doing a little, what we could do. I want to know your thoughts on ideas. Today I am going to get a big load of Venus razors with 22,000 points for 100.00 coupons and Pantene shampoo 10x points. I did the math on donations for income tax purposes 40% return,which if we have our receipts,should have o problem getting charitable donation. That's a lot of good we could do. Is there anybody else out there up for the challenge?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

could it be that these bonus offers (like you said 10,000)can't be combined with other point offers (20x and so on). normally it is like that. i never could use a bonus point offer coupon like this with a 20x promo.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    could it be that these bonus offers (like you said 10,000)can't be combined with other point offers (20x and so on). normally it is like that. i never could use a bonus point offer coupon like this with a 20x promo.
    manager at my beauty showed me on saturday for gala has a stack of 10,000 pts when you spend 75.00 on beauty. I am planning at least 8 shops of 75.00 as we have 8 women at our shelter.On each order Quo small cosmetic bag 14.99 15X points, trueblend 15X points,I believe promo for maybelline macara which will be 15% off has 1000 points when you buy 2 and lip colour there is something attached to that for points. Most of these promos go to May 22 I believe. All the points plus 20X points should go on. That would make a nice little gift for each one. With the points made on those transactions I will get other supplies needed there are 2 babies in need of diapers (which snap app is still paying$ for) and gather groceries for them. They will need cleaning supplies which I can get cash back for.Plan is to make enough to buy a playpen which they desperately need. i pray this will all work. The thought of these women who have already been through enough,not have anyone thinking of them on mothers day breaks my heart. As long as it is new and I have receipts they will give me charitable donation receipt.Thats 40% guaranteed for next year. I get so much free out of the optimum program its time to let it flow out to others.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Well said. Lots of us use our optimum points to spread the wealth in the community. It doesn't really matter which charity you choose to give to, they are all appreciative of our efforts. I am happy that your shelter issues tax receipts. Participants might want to check with their local shelter or food bank to check if they issue receipts if they are thinking of this initiative. I don't submit receipts but just donate.

Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by liveforpoints View Post
    manager at my beauty showed me on saturday for gala has a stack of 10,000 pts when you spend 75.00 on beauty. I am planning at least 8 shops of 75.00 as we have 8 women at our shelter.On each order Quo small cosmetic bag 14.99 15X points, trueblend 15X points,I believe promo for maybelline macara which will be 15% off has 1000 points when you buy 2 and lip colour there is something attached to that for points. Most of these promos go to May 22 I believe. All the points plus 20X points should go on. That would make a nice little gift for each one. With the points made on those transactions I will get other supplies needed there are 2 babies in need of diapers (which snap app is still paying$ for) and gather groceries for them. They will need cleaning supplies which I can get cash back for.Plan is to make enough to buy a playpen which they desperately need. i pray this will all work. The thought of these women who have already been through enough,not have anyone thinking of them on mothers day breaks my heart. As long as it is new and I have receipts they will give me charitable donation receipt.Thats 40% guaranteed for next year. I get so much free out of the optimum program its time to let it flow out to others.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Thread Information