User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree645Likes

Thread: What's in your Herb / Vegetable garden?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  155.0 KB
    ROMEO, janetta, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Another week of hot/humid days, so will have to skip making focaccia. However, basil and parsley on pasta or Kraft Dinner is very likely for dinner today! Will collect some herbs later.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

LOL True North! You're growing a cat !! Where do I get seeds for those ?? LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Arhg! I woke up yesterday morning and went outside to discover that part of my garden had been hit with frost overnight. In mid August, for Heaven's sake! The string beans, summer squash, a green pepper plant, a few tomato plants, and the herbs got it.

On the upside, I'm sure the kale will taste even better now...
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Sun, Aug 23rd, 2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typo correction
    ROMEO and bobbiegirl2010 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Frosty cabbage!

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  140.1 KB
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Well, there is nothing out in my garden yet, but inside I have a few things on the go that will eventually find their way into the garden. The leeks are doing well and my eggplants have sprouted. This year, I decided to experiment with "milk jug greenhouses" for starting seeds. They sure seem to do the trick. I planted kale seeds on the 16th and today - 4 days later - they have germinated! I'm also going to try starting pansy and parsley seed this way.
    Ciel and redhdlois like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I plan to directly sew parsley and mesclun seeds by next week if the frost days are over. I don't have a sunny space with room to start seeds indoors. Ms. Sunshine will have to do her best to help the seeds.
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We need to start our seeds ASAP! Can't wait to see pics of everything everyone is growing

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DH bought seeds yesterday!! That is as far as we have gotten. ME?? Well I bought 5 herb plants already started for me ( at Lowes ) got Basil, Sage, Parsley, Thyme and Cilantro and replanted them into one L-O-N-G planter box and stuck it in my sunny front window shelf. That was easy.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    Well, there is nothing out in my garden yet, but inside I have a few things on the go that will eventually find their way into the garden. The leeks are doing well and my eggplants have sprouted. This year, I decided to experiment with "milk jug greenhouses" for starting seeds. They sure seem to do the trick. I planted kale seeds on the 16th and today - 4 days later - they have germinated! I'm also going to try starting pansy and parsley seed this way.
    Can't wait to see your bountiful harvest again this year !!

I had my name down for a garden plot (I live in an apartment building) but unfortunately there is a waiting list, so no garden (other than balcony) for me this year : (

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    Can't wait to see your bountiful harvest again this year !!

I had my name down for a garden plot (I live in an apartment building) but unfortunately there is a waiting list, so no garden (other than balcony) for me this year : (
    There used to be a national site called, "Sharing Backyards" that was particularly popular in southern BC. People with extra space posted on the site and those looking for a space to garden connected with the people who had posted. They gardened in their yards and in exchange gave some of their produce to the landowner at the end of the season. There are many articles about it online, but the actual site seems to be down. I don't know if it is defunct, or if they are revamping it to relaunch at a later date. There also might be some Facebook groups that would help you connect to someone with a bit of space to share in your area. Vancouver seems ahead of the game when it comes to community sharing projects like this!
    redhdlois likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    There used to be a national site called, "Sharing Backyards" that was particularly popular in southern BC. People with extra space posted on the site and those looking for a space to garden connected with the people who had posted. They gardened in their yards and in exchange gave some of their produce to the landowner at the end of the season. There are many articles about it online, but the actual site seems to be down. I don't know if it is defunct, or if they are revamping it to relaunch at a later date. There also might be some Facebook groups that would help you connect to someone with a bit of space to share in your area. Vancouver seems ahead of the game when it comes to community sharing projects like this!
    I have followed this group for some time; started by two young women. They organize garden sharing amongst other things.
    I go to their urban 'farm' every week in the summer to buy produce. Not quite the same as growing yourself, but it's so good !
    http://ediblegardenproject.com/

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I put some lemon grass stalks into a pot and they have started to grow..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't have a garden yet BUT i would love to grow my own tomatos, cucumbers and bell pepper. Oh, and lots of greens too

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, the chives have started growing in their pot.... then the freezing rain happened. I don't use them anyway, I just like how they look

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information