User Tag List

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well was having a lazy day -walked to mail an envie -hung some clothing out on the line
    -tonight was eating out for supper -or i brought it home -five guys for hubby ,pita pit for me =13.00- had a 1.00 coupon on mine
    -bought a cherry tomato plant 1.66 at home depot -didn't make it to the garage sales
    -but made 4.00 from kiiji(sold gift bags had about 40-ot from my daughter-I-law baby ones ,kids etc a woman was buying them for her kids school for fundraisers)oh and ladies i still have about 35 bags in my possession I don't use that many anymore

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

mrs.sunshine and jasper one day at a time with your parents is right -hang in there girls
    -our challange in june is to be able to pay off our deck -I told hubby to put everything on our visa regarding the deck(just to see what the total cost will be)plus we get points too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

All well down here in CA-yesterday we went and toured the Queen Mary in Long Beach and had a relaxing lunch(not-lol) with the 4 boys at BUBBA GUMPS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

@thriftygrannyhope you are taking good care of yourself and not working too hard, are you still working at the bakery and golf course?
    Yes I am Nancy, I quit initially but was just sitting at home having anxiety attacks about having a stroke so i went back to a few shifts a week and while I am tired I am glad I did.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did a quick solo trip to the US today, I had 50.00 of kohls cash and discounts so I did not want to waste them. Despite the US long weekend the boarder was good. I bought some clothes for my oldest. Spent 13.00 and saved 81.00 as per the reciept. I hit up afew Targets, still missing the great clearance deals and bought a few groceries. It was basically a free day as I spent only cash that I had left from my last trip over. All I need for lunches is produce and we are good for the week. I need an eat from the freezer challenge. We have an upright an a roast beef jumped out at me today
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hey LiLO Frugallbigmama started a clean out the freezer thread not long ago in the food thread! would live to see you join!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Hey LiLO Frugallbigmama started a clean out the freezer thread not long ago in the food thread! would live to see you join!!
    Thanks, I will have to find that or risk injury by a roast beef.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cant wait daughter /hubby are having us today for breakfast or a brunch at their condo in Toronto for 11.00-we are not to get their earlier as they had friends over for supper last night
    -her balconey is so serene -she has a flooring down ,herb pots nice sectional ikea outdoor couch (they will have so much food may just eat a very light supper tonight)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Mrs S prayers for your Dad
    Nancy it is a good sign your Mom is pushing the doctors. It is shocking how quickly they try to push you out of the hospital now.

I cannot remember the last time I posted. This week has been a complete roller coaster and completely kicked my b***. I was tears yesterday, I am so far behind at work and everyone in the office is getting mad at me for different reasons. Invoicing does not like that all packing slips go through me before they go to her, the other girls on order desk do not feel I am doing enough because I have been assigned other tasks. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place of working my current jobs plus moving myself up in the company. But back to the tears yesterday morning my work laptop was not running right so I did a restore which completely messed up my laptop. I went to work and got my profile working again but my VPN connection was screwed. We did everything we could to try to fix it and we couldn't so I cam home and cried how am I supposed to get caught up if I cannot access the system.. Luckily out IT guy checked his email and was able to send me the information and restored my connection, I know most would not understand why I was crying but ultimately it came down to the stress. It feels like right now every time I turn around someone else is mad at me a huge disagreement broke out that I was be attending a managers meeting on the 10th. Again my rock and hard place yes I am on order desk but I am always trying to move my career forward and move up in the company. Which I also got called out on this week and was asked if I would be leaving order desk, I was honest and it did not over well even though I told everyone it will not be this year. They are also fighting back on my leadership coaching they have decided I have done this long enough and it should end, I do not feel the same. I know everything thinks I am becoming a B**** but I cannot keep making everyone else happy and making sure not to rock the boat, if I keep going that way I will never advance in the company which is my goal.

Friday was a bit fun I got to do our sales managers personality testing with him as he missed it at the last manager's meeting as he was on the road with my half bro. He now wants to do it with our sales team and I am hoping I can go in and do it with them, dropped a few hints to Dad, he wasn't jumping on board right away but we will see what we can do, I know the sales manager would be on board so it is just Dad I need to get on my side.

Not a lot going on at home, I have been too busy to get anything done. We did our grocery shopping for last week on Friday and came in under budget. My total was $54 but $15 to $20 was personal items I needed so that will be removed. This week we will be going to Costco to stock up on a few things and will use our grocery budget for that. Mom finally seems to be on board with the budget and even asked this week if we had money to buy a few things.

Well off to get some more work done, have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just dyed my hair -gee it seems every month now the greys are coming in faster
    -daughter called me asked us to get there for noon instead of 11.00-I guess they had a late night-no problem
    -gee I didnt even shop this weekend thats brag in its self -I need milk -may go to shoppers tonight -we will see

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Got 24 pumpkin choc chip muffins baked and made a double batch of oatmeal pancakes - now breakfasts are taken care of for the kiddos next week

Sickness has struck our house again (now we've all had the stomach flu). So I've been washing all the sheets and towels and they're hanging to dry on the line. Bathrooms have been thoroughly cleaned (by DH )- now I just need to sweep and wash floors.

Also got the bikes out and listed 7 more kids items (tricycles etc... that our kids have outgrown).

I hope everyone has been having a good wknd. Beautiful weather here in SW Ontario
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Sun, May 24th, 2015 at 05:31 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yum bobbi you have been busy
    -well had a lovely brunch at 2.00 p.m at daughter's then sat on the balcony -son-in-law gave me 2 juicy tomatoes to bring home

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend, @SassyAshley stay strong and speak up if the leadership training is giving you momentum and great advise why not continue on, I know you don't have the final say but heck it's to the business benefit in the long wrong.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Listed 7 kids outdoor items yesterday and have 5 pick ups today I pretty much have the trees paid off from my other 2 sales last week so this $$ will be going towards a new gazebo top. Ours ripped when DH and BIL tried taking it down in the fall. Found one online for $110. Not sure if I also have to pay for shipping or not. Will have to call today.

Going to NF today as we are out of milk. Also got a good pc plus offer on Astro Yogurt that I want to use. Will pick up some cheap fruits and veggies and that is probably it. Since we're out of milk I pulled some frozen OJ out of the freezer for the kids to have with breakfast. Also improvised and opened a can of evaporated milk to use in my coffee

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Wow, weekend just zoomed by!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information