User Tag List

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I am feeling a bit inept. I can barely boil water with LO right now and I think of the people with two children, three children, single parents, parents of children with disabilities, and think, how do they do it?! With DH working so far, I feel like I'm a single parent except for the hours of 7:30 - 8:30, when DH helps feed, change, and dress LO.

LO is undergoing an extreme personality change. I don't know if she's teething, sick, or just going through a lot. I thought I spotted a molar coming out on the 18th and have had a cranky, cranky baby ever since. The neighbours must think I'm torturing her. Diaper changes have become an ordeal. I practically have to drag her to the potty to get the diaper off before she gets a rash. She's completely opposed to me changing her, rolling, kicking, fighting, and wriggling with all her might to get off the change pad. It takes all my strength just to try to hold her so I can change one diaper. Sitting on the potty is not happening and she's not eating. Two small bites of noodle and she's pushing her food away. She's rejecting everything she used to eat, throwing her food on the floor, and throwing tantrums if you tell her she can't have something this instant. She still eats her fruit here and there, but her appetite is less than half of what it used to be. If she doesn't start eating soon, her weight will come down.

I'm exhausted. If it's teeth she's getting that's making her this cranky, getting teeth must be a horrible, horrible process. All this, and I only have one LO. How do people have more than one?

I'm guessing if I asked another parent, the answer would be the same. You get through it because you have to. There's no one else to make the food, change the diapers, do the laundry. There's no prize, but tomorrow, LO will get out the door with clean clothes (relatively), a full lunch bag, and no diaper rash. It doesn't change the fact that I still need a nap. (Yawn!) Where's my little angel baby gone and who is this tantrum throwing, teething toddler?
    You have your hands full, does she behave like this at day care as well? If she doesn't act like this at day care it is a behavior issue otherwise she should she a doctor, ear infection, bladder infection etc.if she is this miserable 24/7.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My regular customer (lol) showed up today so I'm $60 richer in the reno accounts...yippee...2 drop offs tomorrow as well so looking good.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

NF has 1/2 lean ground beef mixed with 1/2 lean ground beef at $2.99lbs for those interested, I still have tons of lean ground pork so I won't be stocking up at Metro but thought I would point out the mixed 1/2 & 1/2 as I think it's a better deal than the pork but I guess it all depends on what people are using the pork for.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow -today when I babysat "ashlyn "and she is almost 20 months now -she balled in her highchair -real tears ohh no she kept saying-so needless to say she ate a few pieces of banana-not even her small yogurt or oatmeal I made for her
    -but at lunch she ate minestrone soup and clementine, and a few black cherries I cut up
    and my daughter-in law told me last night she didn't eat supper (but half a pouch of fruit/veggie)
    -today I gave her a freezie -she loved it and I give her frozen baby butterflies to suck on
    -the poor little ones she woke up crying from her nap too-so I hope you dont feel alone -after she woke up I gave her applesauce -maybe things they dont have to chew on stuff that will slide down

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

supper little cesar's plain cheese pizza 6.20 on the way home to darn hot and tired -plus cesar salad .99 and cheap renees dressing
    -was able to pay our visa in full right now -and it was up there from the deck -yipeee-my check from checkout 51 is coming and its 50.00-I will add another 20.00 and it will be my daughter-in-law's sister wedding shower gIft for beginning of june
    -dentist for my cleaning on wednesday an get my shoppers emailed deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

still keeping busy with the 4 little ones-flying home tomorrow-the family flies home on Sat-

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I remembered I had some kids rain suits still at the consignment store - so I picked up $6.50 today. I'm not bringing anything else there as I can sell kids stuff my self just as easy on FB and keep all the $$. A spring jacket from The Children's Place sold for $4 so I got $2 - seriously??!! I could have sold it myself and got more than that.

Anyways enough ranting lol....

Tomorrow I have 3 "possible" pick-ups. None of these buyers seem very serious but hopefully I sell something...

Hope everyone had a wonderful day

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

JnC is right sometimes we just need the me time, no matter if we are trying to balance stubborn or sick family, working hubbys etc. Speaking of which, DHs contract with the church was renewed for another 3 months and expanded. This will put us in a better financial position for a Mat Leave and we will have some budgeting to discuss...the deficit is almost gone and back to no debt or "pay backwards." Hoping to budget forward for June. Only took 5 months!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Haha yesterday I had a friend ask me if I was closing my daycare because I was selling so much stuff on FB. Um no I just have too much stuff lol. I really don't need 5 tricycles and 5 different kinds of strollers lol - esp when my oldest is almost 5.

I finally have someone interested in my toddler bed and is going to pick up Sunday (hopefully - last person backed out) Cross my fingers as I've had it listed for a month now and I just want to get rid of it lol.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Wow, so many of you have turned into amazing wheeler dealers; good for you!

The scent in the house is absolutely lovely right now - there's a huge bouquet of lilacs in the kitchen, and the smell goes right through the house - definitely a big benefit of living in this house is having the lilac bushes in the front yard!

Hope everyone has a FAB day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone. ^Couldn't agree with you more Natalka. We have 4 Lilac bushes to the side and the back of our home and that's all I smell when I walk outside. It was my mother's favourite plant/bush. Co-worker came in yesterday and gave me two bleeding hearts. By the time I got home last night, they had wilted so bad from the extreme heat in the car but I planted them last night. Hopefully they will survive. DH made amazing chili last night so that's what we had for dinner and then we went for a short walk. Work has been pretty quiet this week which is pretty good. It allows me to catch up on some personal stuff. Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! I feel pooped but will drag myself through the rest of the week. Got the laundry all up to date and just a few things hanging to dry to put away tonight Will put another load in at the end of the day tonight to keep on it. House was hot this morning but I refuse to put on the A/C lol It will pass . Took out leftover chicken tet from freezer for one DS. Chicken burgers cooked and ready in the fridge for other DS for tonight (have to take one DS to sports so the other has to fend for himself) Not sure what I will eat but will make sure I grab something before we go instead of waiting till we return like I have been doing Wed nights. Tomorrow night I will make tacos (will pull cooked beef from freezer tonight and shred cheese and lettuce so it's ready to serve quick tomorrow night) Hope everyone has a great day.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Thanks everyone! I booked an appointment for next week for LO. It was the earliest I could get for a pre-booked appointment. Apart from that, I'm on the waiting list to see if the doctor can fit us in any earlier this afternoon. I think I'll call every day to see if he can see her on our way home from daycare. The receptionist was kind too, wanting to ask the doctor in person when he comes in and not wanting LO to wait long for an appointment.

I spoke to her care providers, and it seems that I'm the only one she gives any fuss to during diaper changes, though she has been out of sorts lately and cries much more than usual (generally, she's not a crier). I originally thought it was teeth or that she was getting sick from a cold/flu again. DH is her usual diaper changer as I have severe dermatitis which makes it very painful for me to change or bathe her sometimes. Often, she does fuss with me as she only wants DH to change her diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    The few perennials that I have purchased in the last couple of years are almost ready to bloom. Have purchased a few more this year and I just need one more. I want something red to pop against all the green. Will have to google the internet to find something I like.
    I don't know what kind of flowers you have already but I noticed Canadian Tire had a pretty red daylily for sale on this week's flyer. It looked very pretty Or maybe a peony? I love peonies!

I'm looking for a dark pink peony as a companion for my pride and joy. These peonies were a gift from DH. I'm in love with the colour and especially the shape of the flower. The couple we ordered from were so lovely as well, sending us replacements when mine didn't come up out of the ground because of a harsh winter and a sudden frost in May of that year.

Name:  ecaaa58f13f1601083fceed9743a09f4.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  40.1 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pretty flower!!! I'm looking for something for the front space of my house. That may be the ticket! Thanks!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am a peony fan too. I split a larger bush last year so I could have more. Mine are the dark pink...would offer you some if I hadn't split last year, don't remember you location either though!

I turned the air on. Thermostat is set to 25 though. Crawl space helps keeps bedroom part of the house cool. At 25 it just keeps the edge of the humidity at bay. Our home seems to keep cool, summers will be more frugal than winter (bc we are trying to heat the beast!) even with AC usage. DH used to work HVAC and always said it was more cost effective to set and keep a temperature. Just do a couple degrees warmer or cooler than average. At 26 I sweat doing house work so 25 it is!
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, May 27th, 2015 at 01:44 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information