User Tag List

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

granger such a touching story bought tears to my eyes what a lovely girl and such great parents
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    Good luck with your interview monkeydoodle.

I have the "gardening" itch. I want to plant perennials so badly however the radio said although it will be nice this weekend, that we should still wait for a couple of weeks as there still is the possibility of getting frost at night. I'm redoing our front door this weekend. It's a stained wood door but I plan on painting it black. I have already sanded it with an electric sander and now I will sand it by hand and then prime it. May paint it one night next week or next weekend. I'm trying to spruce up our house a little. DH only cares about the backyard so he told me the front of the house is my responsibility
    Toronto, Hon...it is a tad early to plant, but in the next couple of weeks you should be fine. However, if you just can't resist plopping something into the ground, you'll need to watch the weather reports for frost. I tend to plant early and keep those large pop bottles...cut the bottoms off them and if I hear of frost, I put one over each of my young plants. With the tops closed they act like little terrariums...open them in the morning for air then remove them when it's warmer in the day. You can always cover them with old pots, etc....just for the nights but I love the big 'ol pop bottles!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Granger: thanks for sharing, the buddy bench is such a lovely idea. What a nice remberancce
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the tip Lynn!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am touched that so many of you read the article. Thank you for helping keep her memory alive in doing so. The family is grieving but in a refreshingly positive way. That is how Zoe was. Refreshingly positive.

DD#1 threw up all night. I finished course work at midnight so DH took the evening shift with her in her room. DD#2 came and slept with me and I slept as poorly as him and DD#1. We had a whole queen sized bed and I was snug on one side, DD#2 had to cuddle and kick right alongside me. Oh well...

Everyone else is healthy so far. Found out the bug is going around the school, our neighbour's grade 8 daughter who rides bus with DD#1 had 10 people including the teacher off one day. Our neighbour's daughter went down this morning.

TV and take out tonight. Friday night treat for surviving another week! Halfway through my course. 5 weeks to go. I. Can. Do. This.
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, May 1st, 2015 at 07:39 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger hope you all have a better nights sleep
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well supper tonight was cereal -shreddies and a bagel -as i got in at 6.20 p.m my daughter-in-law asked me to watch "ashlyn" as she had a quick shower as she was going out tonight at 6.5o when my son came in from work
    I had "ashlyn out twice today a hour in the morning and 2 and a half hour in the afternoon-i put a pink sweater on her my mom made a button down one it looked so cute( i am exhausted now)
    and this morning get load of this -I dressed "ashlyn" I a very lightmint green shiffon type dress with a slip wih neting underneath-the dress was mine 55 years my mom kept it in a cedar chest ( I just kept snapping have about 10 pictures i will see which ones are the best -she doesnt stay still for long )
    y

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupongirl - Oh my goodness, who would have thought that your granddaughter would be wearing your dress? That is so lovely. Glad you took pictures. What wonderful memories. @gran er - hope the little one feels better soon.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I second that Harbie, I love lentils and Indian food, and make a few dishes but I always want to try new things!!
    I'll try and post it this weekend. I have a busy weekend including a funeral to go to but I'll do my best.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl what precious memories for you and Ashlyn and also what a thoughtful guesture of your mother putting away some of your little girl clothing, I bet she is smiling down from heaven my friend.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Laundry will started once Jaden wakes up, my laundry machines are not far from his room so I don't want a cranky teenager on my hands.

I will hang the clothes outside before we head out to cut firewood for the winter.

Nothing else planned for today other than mass at 430 and a few meetups for items sold.

Well off to the races, wishing everyone a healthy & frugal day

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Today...

Already: tidied kitchen, cleaned girls room (it smelled of urine and vomit...ew!) and changed their sheets, one load of laundry on, another load sorted

Fun: going to a couple garage/mom to mom sales

Have tos: finish cleaning and laundry for the week, course work, prep homemade weed spray, update finances

Would like tos: clean, sort put away winter clothes and vice versa for summer, post a couple things online for sales

DD#1 is feeling better and the rest of us are unscathed for now. So I am feeling very thankful!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday! So nice to wake up to news of a new Princess for Will and Kate!

Clean up, clear out kind of day - as much as we can!

Enjoy the day, all!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It's a sad day for us. Tory fish is no longer with us. He started acting lethargic last week, I thought perhaps he was going through some sort of phase (he did the same thing last spring then changed colour slightly). He didn't want his food Thursday night but eventually ate it, same yesterday morning (highly unusual - he was worse than the brats for begging for his fishy kibble) and by afternoon he was gone. I realize he was just a fish, but he was sooo friendly and engaging. At this point, my Mom doesn't want another pet (I asked her whether she wanted me to send one of the brats over to keep her company).

I'm off to the theatre this afternoon for some British farce. That should make life better.

Better go smother my brats.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I'll try and post it this weekend. I have a busy weekend including a funeral to go to but I'll do my best.
    No worries Harbie, just if you have time!

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information